Wiki Posts
Search

MINI Z or Micro car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MINI Z or Micro car.

Does anyone around here have a mini z or a dnano or any other micro scale car? I am seriously thinking about building a kick ass, multi-level track in my garage, complete with 50 inch HD TV. I already have a lap counter. Just wondering. Something very simalr to this video, but smaller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid...otation_675288

or like this one. I really like the elevation changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3aPE...eature=related
Old 09-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

That's pretty cool even for insect racing. But remember, If you can pit out of a lunchbox it's not a racecar. Just kidding, drive like the wind! It might make everything else seem sluggish with that quick steering.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mxrich
That's pretty cool even for insect racing. But remember, If you can pit out of a lunchbox it's not a racecar. Just kidding, drive like the wind! It might make everything else seem sluggish with that quick steering.
Hey...I know its small. If you can't make the track big, then make the car small. I have a 20X16 space to build a track. Just a place to hang out and watch ball and race cars and talk smack. Just wondering if anyone around these parts had the cars. Small tracks never stopped anyone, see the indoor tracks.

As far as size goes, I surely lean toward the mini z, the dnano, although cool...i'd go cross-eyed trying to fix the damn thing.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

although cool...i'd go cross-eyed trying to fix the damn thing.

I know the feeling. I have been an HO racer forever. Even had a big 4 lane one in the building for a long time. And I mean big I think it was 20x8.