Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Third Annual Charity Race at Turtle Trax, August 27, 2011 Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

2wd buggy video is encoding. I would like suggestions for the Starting order and Finishing order overlays. I just threw these together and I think they look ok but there is always room for improvement.

I will upoload it as soon as I can.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

What do we have here?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I would like to give a big thanks to Kent(aka Snoopy) for filming this race for me. The video is still processing but should be available in full HD in a few minutes.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey fury, you going to the onelug race? Just thinking of more video shots. Of course I have to be somewhere else that day. I like those guys in Albertville,they live to have fun.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxrich
Hey fury, you going to the onelug race? Just thinking of more video shots. Of course I have to be somewhere else that day. I like those guys in Albertville,they live to have fun.
No I am not going to that race. I have other plans. I am coming up to your way on the 10th.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yayyyyyy!!

Sorry I got lost when the lead changed. And it took me a bit to figure out that zoom. That zoom is like driving a 1/12th scale with a super fast servo. You just think about zooming and its there.

Do you take a laptop with you to the track or do you edit at home?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
No I am not going to that race. I have other plans. I am coming up to your way on the 10th.
Well bring a ride and have at it! Should be a lot of fun. How about a contest for what name will be the 4wd buggy. I put my vote for "Bob". I call mine "Ill handling piece of crap" But I like it anyway.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Yayyyyyy!!

Sorry I got lost when the lead changed. And it took me a bit to figure out that zoom. That zoom is like driving a 1/12th scale with a super fast servo. You just think about zooming and its there.

Do you take a laptop with you to the track or do you edit at home?
I edit on my desktop at home. I don't currently even own a laptop which is rare for me. I do plan on getting a new laptop in a couple of months though and it will be powerful enough to edit video on the road.

Originally Posted by mxrich
Well bring a ride and have at it! Should be a lot of fun. How about a contest for what name will be the 4wd buggy. I put my vote for "Bob". I call mine "Ill handling piece of crap" But I like it anyway.
I have already chosen the buggy I am going to run. I just have to get one and that is hard to do right now. The current version is out of stock and the revised car is not due out for another month. Also, used ones are hard to come by as well. I thought it would be easier with a new car coming out soon and people selling the current car and that has not been the case.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I edit on my desktop at home. I don't currently even own a laptop which is rare for me. I do plan on getting a new laptop in a couple of months though and it will be powerful enough to edit video on the road.

I have already chosen the buggy I am going to run. I just have to get one and that is hard to do right now. The current version is out of stock and the revised car is not due out for another month. Also, used ones are hard to come by as well. I thought it would be easier with a new car coming out soon and people selling the current car and that has not been the case.
Would this be the DEX410R?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Nah, nothing like that...

Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS2

The new car is the FS2 SP. I decided to go this route as I have a bunch of rear tires I can already use on the car. I would have to just buy front tires and wheels.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=108031
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Nah, nothing like that...

Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS2

The new car is the FS2 SP. I decided to go this route as I have a bunch of rear tires I can already use on the car. I would have to just buy front tires and wheels.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=108031
This is the new Worlds edition?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, the FS2 SP is the same car, minus the chassis, that the team ran at the Worlds and the ROAR Nats. They also have a new RB5 coming out called the RB5 SP2 WC and that is the car, once again minus the chassis, that they ran at the Worlds and the ROAR Nats.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Just so everyone knows Dion has several vintage rides in his shop. Remind him that they need to be making laps or to get is happy hiney to the track. Maybe he would rent them. He is running a business you know.