Wiki Posts
Search

Battlefield onroad July 16

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 07:33 AM
bmr
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'd like a Sunday race on an off weekend.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R.Fenstermacher
My car is a shaft car also. I ran it at Hot Shots with a 17.5 with boost and didn't have any issues with torque steer. My car is set up for boost but if you want to run no boost I would have to find someone at the track to turn the boost off. I'll run whatever the majority wants to run. I mainly just want to get my car set up to the track. Can't wait!
I'll try mine on boost then. I'm just running an old SPX stock spec in the car so I dont know how well it will preform agenst a tekin or somthing similar, but I'll give it a go. I just know 13.5 boosted was a little much for me to handle in that car
Old 07-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
on off weekend or same weekend as saturday race or switching from the saturday to sunday?
Oh no your confusing me now! Let me get my calculator...I hate math.

The groove is in the asphalt. I get off work about 7am and will lay the wire in with silicone so it will have plenty of time to cure. Also the disk will be bolted in after I paint them.

Dale, is there any wood there we don't need that you know of? Kent might have his bud there to carry away the rest. I think he is going to build something with it at home. Then the track will look M'o purdy.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
Oh no your confusing me now! Let me get my calculator...I hate math.

The groove is in the asphalt. I get off work about 7am and will lay the wire in with silicone so it will have plenty of time to cure. Also the disk will be bolted in after I paint them.

Dale, is there any wood there we don't need that you know of? Kent might have his bud there to carry away the rest. I think he is going to build something with it at home. Then the track will look M'o purdy.
just trying to figure out your comment about sunday racing.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LMRacing
I'll try mine on boost then. I'm just running an old SPX stock spec in the car so I dont know how well it will preform agenst a tekin or somthing similar, but I'll give it a go. I just know 13.5 boosted was a little much for me to handle in that car
Use a micro switch, if it's good enough for the drag racers and the boat guys an rc car will be a snap.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Rookie

The on-road carpet guys are like Dean wormer and off-road is animal house

But I like offroad toooo. Once the track is setteled in I'm making a bee line to turtles and one lug racing. I just wanna race! I have also been thinking about a sunday race once in a while. Any comments?
sunday races would be good
Old 07-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Comment: how about you start throwing cars on the track with us?

Oh you are going to love me on raceday. One F103, one F102...if I get it ready and two Duratrax cars on the ready. It's been a while so I may move the walls back a few more feet. Bring cameras to record the disaster for history.
dont worry you aint the only one
Old 07-10-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

just trying to figure out your comment about sunday racing.
The hard part is I work every other Sunday but I get out around 7am. I know there are some that can't do Saturdays because of work. I just don't want anyone to miss a race knowing the amount of fun we have.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:41 AM
bmr
Tech Addict

The hard part is I work every other Sunday but I get out around 7am. I know there are some that can't do Saturdays because of work. I just don't want anyone to miss a race knowing the amount of fun we have.

Why don't we pick a day and start a new thread for it? If enough commit then we can make a go of it. How about the 24th? That is an off weekend so the regular every other Saturday thing won't get screwed up. Whadaya think?

Sent PM on the extra wood.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sunday on an off weekend. That would be today and two weeks from today. That should get you started.

Would later be cooler, a little.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

I was thinking that a sunday race could be a little shorter such as start at 2 and just run 2 heats and a main and see how it goes from there. Being on a sunday also means no inside drinks or snacks but there is the machine at the building. The pool may be open though for the restroom.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

So this mean we are gonna get to run 3 heats before mains now on saturdays?
Old 07-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

So this mean we are gonna get to run 3 heats before mains now on saturdays?
Wasn't that the plan all along? Actually it is the norm everywhere but then again have we been anything close to normal?
Old 07-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Stoopid rain. I went to the cetlic meeting in Ringold and the bottom fell out. I started to head towards layflat and was not any better.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Ryan runs a shaft drive in boosted 17.5 as do I. I am also running a TC3. I run high 11's at Hot Shots (or I can, but due to inconsistent drivers skill, its usually low 12's). It is setup and drivers skill that holds me back, not shaft drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.