Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Battlefield onroad July 16

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Heck no, didn't know about it til the other day. Bring me back 5lbs of Interstate BBQ (pork) and 2 racks of rendezvous ribs.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All weapons will be checked at the gate.

Sounds like a good race is coming.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
are you just needing VTA tires,motor,body to be legal...?
Motor and ESC. I ran VTA as my first TC class a few years ago with my TC3, still have a camaro and a mustang body and tires, but my 21.5 duo1 and lrp aren't allowed in VTA anymore. and I'm very anti Novak. I dont care that everybody has to use the same junk motor, I dont care to help keep them in buisness

Thats also why I say USGT would be the class for my TC3 though because all I need is a body and tires, and my VTA rears are almost bald anyway so it would have been near time for a new set.

I'd still perfer to just run TC though if nobody minds running a zero timing class for the day. I just dont want to be a danger to other drivers cause I cant keep my car going in a straight line or because I'm too slow on the straight

Oh and my last chevy (2001 silverado) had 340K miles on the original motor and trans and no problems at all (4.3l) My S10 has been abused though and is sitting at 150K miles with a 2.2L 4 cylinder. I'll hopefuly be trading it in on another silverado in the near future, or maybe somthing else. I dont like ford engines and I dont care for dodge transmissions
Old 07-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok..just trying to help...USGT is alot of fun as well..
Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
I just dont want to be a danger to other drivers cause I cant keep my car going in a straight line or because I'm too slow on the straight
You are a better driver than me! Wait... Yeah ok you could suck and still be better than me.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey Adam, There is a good chance I will be going to this race. All I need to finish my VTA TC3 is battery bullet connectors and a body (if a certian painter will hurry up and get it done ) You can ride with me if you like.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FATKAT
Hey Adam, There is a good chance I will be going to this race. All I need to finish my VTA TC3 is battery bullet connectors and a body (if a certian painter will hurry up and get it done ) You can ride with me if you like.
if you need to use a VTA body I have a Cuda body you could use.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

The on-road carpet guys are like Dean wormer and off-road is animal house

But I like offroad toooo. Once the track is setteled in I'm making a bee line to turtles and one lug racing. I just wanna race! I have also been thinking about a sunday race once in a while. Any comments?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxrich
The on-road carpet guys are like Dean wormer and off-road is animal house

But I like offroad toooo. Once the track is setteled in I'm making a bee line to turtles and one lug racing. I just wanna race! I have also been thinking about a sunday race once in a while. Any comments?
Comment: how about you start throwing cars on the track with us?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Motor and ESC. I ran VTA as my first TC class a few years ago with my TC3, still have a camaro and a mustang body and tires, but my 21.5 duo1 and lrp aren't allowed in VTA anymore. and I'm very anti Novak. I dont care that everybody has to use the same junk motor, I dont care to help keep them in buisness

The very reason I won't race VTA. I would rather sit at home than buy another piece of their stuff!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hairy
The very reason I won't race VTA. I would rather sit at home than buy another piece of their stuff!
Whats the reasoning for all the anti novak? Im not for them or against them as this is the first time I have used anything Novak
Old 07-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

For one the SS motors have the sensor wire built in and is a non replaceable part. so if somthing goes wrong with it your motor is junk. For two there ESC's have to see a temp signature from the motor that no other motor has and if it doesnt see it it shuts off.. thier esc's also shut off the motor at 140 so if you want to go as fast as everyone else your going to shut down before the race is over since most gear for 160 for the little extra speed and it doesn't hurt the motor to get to this temp.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

For one the SS motors have the sensor wire built in and is a non replaceable part. so if somthing goes wrong with it your motor is junk. For two there ESC's have to see a temp signature from the motor that no other motor has and if it doesnt see it it shuts off.. thier esc's also shut off the motor at 140 so if you want to go as fast as everyone else your going to shut down before the race is over since most gear for 160 for the little extra speed and it doesn't hurt the motor to get to this temp.
you sure on the 140 temp thing? cause alot are running average of 150 give or take and not shutting off

As for sensor wire....there is the ballistic.

Im not defending Novak...just the class
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks Monkey but I hope I'll have my body by then.

I hated buying NOVAK stuff and if this "stuff" gives me any trouble it will likely be the last time I buy NOVAK "stuff". The only reason I bought it for this is it was only $112.00 shipped for a VTA combo, reman Havok / 13.5 SS
Old 07-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FATKAT
Thanks Monkey but I hope I'll have my body by then.

I hated buying NOVAK stuff and if this "stuff" gives me any trouble it will likely be the last time I buy NOVAK "stuff". The only reason I bought it for this is it was only $112.00 shipped for a VTA combo, reman Havok / 13.5 SS
No problem, just let me know if it comes down to you needing it.

Other then a few GTX's we have ran I dont have much experience with Novak prior to now. Im not having problems with our stuff. I just got us what was needed for the class so we are racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.