R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Georgia Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/)
-   -   Turtle Trax Outdoor Season ChatThread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing/514674-turtle-trax-outdoor-season-chatthread.html)

tinasam 05-18-2011 12:58 PM

Turtle Trax Outdoor Season ChatThread

Link to teaser track video
http://www.rctech.net/forum/9127230-post11.html

(hint, if you saw our old outdoor track, its bigger and better, plus has a shaded drivers stand and about triple the pit and parking room. We'll have a hobbyshop on site, concessions, and good times;)

Now if you'd like to chat about what you'd like to run on it, this is the thread.

We know for sure we're running 2wd buggies and SCT. We'll probably try some 1/8 scale e-buggies. But what else would you like to see? Mod SCT? Mod 2wd buggy?

Lets see how many of what will be showing up to race out there!!
We'll be ready to go in just a couple of weeks;)

Rfury 05-18-2011 01:03 PM

Sometime before the official opening I am going to bring out my e-8th and see how it does out there. I think it will be fine and the trick will be not over jumping.

The not so damn blurry and extended video will be out in just a few days. :sneaky:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

There will also be a promo video after the first race showing actual race footage.

I am very excited about this as I have really missed running outdoors on a regular basis.

Ninja 05-18-2011 01:03 PM

With Associated releasing its 4x4 SC10 it would be a great class for that big 'ol track. I would also have a class to run my Slash in. Motor limitations and/or mod restrictions are up to the others to decide. I just want to keep it cheap so I dont have to sink a ton of $$$ into my SLash. Its a big enough money pit as it is.

kikcaffine 05-18-2011 01:13 PM

So amped! Have my B4 back together and ready!

Team Turtle 05-18-2011 01:19 PM

OUTDOOR CLASSES

As for now what we are looking at for classes is as follows:
13.5 2wd buggy
17.5 boosted/13.5 non-boosted SCT
1/8E Buggy
4WD OPEN once enough show to split class we will.

We will look at sportsman but as of now I think the track is big enough to run them with their appropriate class.

rednck21 05-18-2011 01:46 PM

that video gave me a headache :eek:

Rfury 05-18-2011 01:48 PM

I bet it was my taste in music that did it. :lol:

moondog111 05-18-2011 02:42 PM

Wow that Video made me dizzy. Wish I could have seen the track .:weird:

BrentH 05-18-2011 06:15 PM

Even the blurry footage has me amped! Love the shape of the track!:nod:

Team Turtle 05-18-2011 06:30 PM

It aint squur thats fo sho:D

MadRussian 05-19-2011 05:54 AM

Awesome!! I will come race on it looks like a fun track, though the music made me wish I was deafer :lol:

Fishn or Racin 05-19-2011 07:21 AM

Will there be any/plenty shadded pit space? The wife decided to use my easy-up on our back porch and the first rain shower folded it up like a pretzel.

Jmuck69 05-19-2011 09:53 AM

Finally! We can stretch our legs! Any chance we can start seeing a 2wd open class??? What is the early thought on tires? Double Dee's and Rips?

Rfury 05-19-2011 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 (Post 9135405)
Finally! We can stretch our legs! Any chance we can start seeing a 2wd open class??? What is the early thought on tires? Double Dee's and Rips?

Barcodes, AKA Rebar, Proline Suburbs on the rear and maybe on the front too...

No, I am not kidding. As you will see in the not so blurry version, the SCT in the video is on Barcodes and the rears are nearly bald and the truck was quite good. There will be times that you will goto DD's, though.

If I get enough views on the teaser, I will release the full promo earlier than I had planned. :sneaky:

tinasam 05-19-2011 10:22 AM

yea I'm thinking we should be doing the same tire as indoor :)

And yes so far there is a bunch of shaded areas to pit at, no worries there.