Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread*** >

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Old 02-10-2015, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Some would complain about carpet fibers on their buggies/trucks.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

No one answered in the other thread...

This new damp track plan, will this be the case everyday or just race days? Buying all new tires does not thrill me (but I am ok with it), but neither does having to have different setups and different tires depending on what day of the week it is. I am not a good enough driver to be able to handle changes like that, and I imagine many others are in the same boat.

Thunder is a wet track, and it is maintained darn near 7 days a week. Carl is awesome, but I have no expectations that he can or should put in that kind of commitment.

My preference is consistency, however you get there. Remember, there are many drivers who come out with RTR's and don't have massive tire budgets (or any tire budget).
Old 02-10-2015, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mechintosh
Thats why we should do astro over carpet, no fibers.

At least they run treaded tires on astro.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mechintosh
Sadly, probably so.....
Old 02-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Not to dampen spirits (pun very much intended) but have the effects of the moisture on the facilities been considered? Can see lots of condensation on the windows after a watering now, may cause some problem in the summer when it gets hot and steamy. May need to consider putting some water seal on exposed wood, seal up the areas with the couches etc. to prevent mold and mildew.

I went ahead and got some sweeps green rears and some proline prime MC fronts.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Not to dampen spirits (pun very much intended) but have the effects of the moisture on the facilities been considered? Can see lots of condensation on the windows after a watering now, may cause some problem in the summer when it gets hot and steamy. May need to consider putting some water seal on exposed wood, seal up the areas with the couches etc. to prevent mold and mildew.

I went ahead and got some sweeps green rears and some proline prime MC fronts.
Thanks for the Sweep support Andy. I don't even have them yet. Waiting on the fronts to become available.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is NUTS ! 1st- A wet track is not going to work ...Its inside No Sun the track will only get slicker. B- Its the wrong kind of dirt.... Not the same dirt as some of the tracks down south with sand in it. The track will only take so much water before the water just set there REMEMBER there is plastic and concrete under the dirt people. It will not dry, but it will get slick. Ok d-man don't know what he is talking about... Wait for it....Wait for it...
Old 02-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-man
This is NUTS ! 1st- A wet track is not going to work ...Its inside No Sun the track will only get slicker. B- Its the wrong kind of dirt.... Not the same dirt as some of the tracks down south with sand in it. The track will only take so much water before the water just set there REMEMBER there is plastic and concrete under the dirt people. It will not dry, but it will get slick. Ok d-man don't know what he is talking about... Wait for it....Wait for it...
We've got it all taken care of, D-man.

Don't get all worked up, people.

I'm working on getting us a proper atomized misting system, so there will be no Carl involved, with having to go water it the night before a race, etc. etc. - So, Grant, again, like I said to D-man... Don't get yourself all worked up over a thing. lol, there has been A LOT of thought, research, and planning that's gone into this, and we aren't going to do a single thing unless it'll benefit everyone, and everyone's happy with it (by everyone, I mean the majority... you can't make everyone happy, case in point. LOL).

Again, this is all in the works, and nothing is set in stone yet, you guys. If ya'll want one of the best indoor off-road tracks in our area (or even, just some place with consistent traction and running conditions), then you'll just have to be patient with the process(es) involved that it'll take for us to get it there. Things just don't go to the 'next level' overnight

Be patient guys
Old 02-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1

I'm working on getting us a proper atomized misting system, so there will be no Carl involved, with having to go water it the night before a race, etc. etc. - So, Grant, again, like I said to D-man... Don't get yourself all worked up over a thing. lol, there has been A LOT of thought, research, and planning that's gone into this, and we aren't going to do a single thing unless it'll benefit everyone, and everyone's happy with it (by everyone, I mean the majority... you can't make everyone happy, case in point. LOL).

Again, this is all in the works, and nothing is set in stone yet, you guys. If ya'll want one of the best indoor off-road tracks in our area (or even, just some place with consistent traction and running conditions), then you'll just have to be patient with the process(es) involved that it'll take for us to get it there. Things just don't go to the 'next level' overnight

Be patient guys
Wait!!! That means I need to buy tires and adapt to different racing conditions???? What is the world coming to....?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by weavty1

Be patient guys
Tylor, not worked up at all, just asking the question, which until just now had not been answered. I have no idea what a wet surface will be like, I just want it the same all the time so I can learn to drive my toy car. I am fine buying new tires, just not new tires for every day of the week. I would prefer to keep the hardcore guys as well as the novices and everyone in between happy.

Thank you!
Old 02-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just want the dust down! I go into sneezing attacks and allergies kick in when I race. Traction can be found and my tire bill will be cheaper than my Claritin habit.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
I just want the dust down! I go into sneezing attacks and allergies kick in when I race. Traction can be found and my tire bill will be cheaper than my Claritin habit.
Suck it up, Sally.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wait!!! That mean I need to change the indoor air quality because someone sneezed? What is the world coming too....?
Old 02-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok. Do your thing Tylor.........
Old 02-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What di Dusty do that you no longer want him at the track?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.