Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread*** >

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Old 02-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just picked up a B4.1 worlds and I need to lay down some practice laps. When is a good time to get some lap time in?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive
I just picked up a B4.1 worlds and I need to lay down some practice laps. When is a good time to get some lap time in?
Wednesday's at this point are still have mostly onroad turnout and officially that has not changed that I am aware of. Unofficially, offroad people still come, but can't practice while heats and mains are going on with the other side.

Thursday nights are practice nights and a good time if you want to run more by yourself to test and tune.

Friday night and Saturday days are usually offroad race days. Friday due to limited hours would probably offer less practice time. Saturday from noon (opening) to 3 is all practice, with the race program running from 3 to about 9 (depending on entries). Sometimes there are breaks between rounds, but really practice Sat would be 12-3 and after the races are over (enough time to run 2-4 packs before Scott or Brad kicks us out).

Hot Shots is closed Sunday through Tuesday currently.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Thursday is practice all day from about 10 to 6pm when they close. Wednesdays are hit or miss. Most of the time its onroad racing after 6. But sometimes the turn out isnt good. So you can practice all night. But not guaranteed.

Friday nights is usually offroad racing starting at 8. You can usually practice all day from about noon to 8.

Saturdays are usually racing starting at 3pm. So practice from 10 or 11 until 3.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So it looks like early Saturday is the best window, works for me.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CeeLowe
Thursday is practice all day from about 10 to 6pm when they close. Wednesdays are hit or miss. Most of the time its onroad racing after 6. But sometimes the turn out isnt good. So you can practice all night. But not guaranteed.

Friday nights is usually offroad racing starting at 8. You can usually practice all day from about noon to 8.

Saturdays are usually racing starting at 3pm. So practice from 10 or 11 until 3.
The hours are 12-6 on Thurs not 10-6 However Scott has to drop his wife off at work and does not get till the shop until 12:45-1:00. Also he is pretty easily talked into staying later than 6.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Is there offroad racing or practice this Friday? Ive never been and thought it would be cool to check it out and run some laps.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

More then likely both. With the weather outlook for the weekend, it should drive some people inside.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, guys! Unfortunately I'm looking at all the junk I have due in the next few days and thinking I probably won't make it out tomorrow. However, Friday night I may be down for offroad...I'm pretty sure I have my B4 in the back of the car and it's in working order...hope to see you all soon.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Plans

Update on what’s happening at HotShotRC Raceway:

Looking for new location - I have already looked at a dozen places near our current location, and I am in negotiations with 981 just down the road. This is a 30,000 sq ft building and has HUGE potential for Hotshots. I have been to the table once with a counter offer and waiting on the outcome.
All the other locations I have looked at are either too expensive to operate or just not what I am looking for. So the bottom line on looking for another place is I will continue to look for a larger facility, around 20,000 sq ft or larger, that is close to the interstate hwy.

The Offroad Track - We are currently doing some track maintenance and plan to change the layout a bit before the Topgun Championship in March. We are also planning to make the track “reverse friendly” and have a reverse race soon. As usual we need volunteers to help with track maintenance, so please let Scott know when you are available to help out.

What is happening next? This question is probably been on a lot of peoples minds lately, so here is what is on my mind.

I am currently in progress of making new plans for a large offroad track. The plans are being finalized over the weekend and I am meeting with the planning committee next week to review these plans. If the plans are approved then all is required is a building permit and I can start executing the project plan. What is that? you may ask.

The new plans include expanding the offroad track out to a nice 88’ x 61’, with a 7’ tall drivers stand in the back with a ramp to access it. Project-V3 includes building a new drivers stand, access ramp and track walls (all to code). There will also be some electrical work to run electricity to the timing/scoring booth. And there will be painting of all this new stuff. Total cost that I have estimated which includes materials alone is $9600. As you can see this is not a cheap task at hand, and frankly the business does not have the capital to make it happen. When I built the current dirt offroad track I used the last cash the business had, in hopes that things would take off, and they did. Our turnouts have tripled as a result. To keep the cost this low will require reusing most of the existing track and most of the drivers stand and ramp wood. So here is what WE are going to need to do, and you see I highlighted WE.

The Plan: We are going to have a Racing Marathon, ie Race-othon, to generate funds to build this new track. For the next 2 months, and it can be shorter depending on turnout, we need to race, race, race, and race. For every first class registration ($20) I will take ($10) and put it into the building fund. This means the company will be taking in less revenue, and you will be investing in the new track. Its not a donation, I am simply redirecting the funds to build the track instead of restocking inventory. Doing the math, thats 960 registrations to foot the bill for Project-V3.

So, all you have to do is come race as much as you can, which helps generate the cash so that we can start this project. I am hoping WE can do this over the next 8 weeks, starting THIS FRIDAY !

Who is ready to make Project-V3 happen?

We are also going to need a lot of volunteers to execute Project-V3. Speak up if you can help with the buildout.

Thanks Everyone !
Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by greg_t
Thanks for the info, guys! Unfortunately I'm looking at all the junk I have due in the next few days and thinking I probably won't make it out tomorrow. However, Friday night I may be down for offroad...I'm pretty sure I have my B4 in the back of the car and it's in working order...hope to see you all soon.
If it's not HS has plenty of B4 parts and lots of drivers who can help you out if needed.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hotshotrc
Update on what’s happening at HotShotRC Raceway:
Brad,

Thank you so much for sharing the plans and how everyone can help make them happen!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Brad,

Thank you so much for sharing the plans and how everyone can help make them happen!
I will be there Saturday to donate my $.

Brian.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats Huge!!!!! Bigger than OCRC ( I think)!!

I will be there 1 or 2 times a week to help funding drive!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by synap2012
Thats Huge!!!!! Bigger than OCRC ( I think)!!

I will be there 1 or 2 times a week to help funding drive!
OCRC is 8400sq ft where this track will be 5368sq ft. Not quite that big but one of the largest in the SE.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ill be there tomorrow night to race for sure!!! Brad/Scott can you get KO products? Im looking for an RSx One10 low profile servo and would rather order it through you than A-Main. If you can let me know and I can leave a deposit at the shop tomorrow night.

Thanks,
Daniel

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.