Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread*** >

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Old 10-18-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ford02
I was just on their website and it looks like they've got a dirt track now. Is that correct?
That is correct.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Well, you on-road guys have a problem now. Carl Knight just sent this to me and asked me to post it.

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***-cid_image001_jpg%4001cecbe1.jpg
Old 10-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What a race guys! This series is going to be a tough one!

To get into the a-main you will have to earn it that is for sure!

You only have 2 rounds to make it count in qualifying and if your not used to taxing yourself physically, good luck some of us stay up 20hrs to make it happen!

With all that said.... I HAD A BLAST!!!!

Thanks Kieth and Brad for starting this series, I think it brought out every winner that hotshots has had in off-road, good job!
Old 10-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rfury
Well, you on-road guys have a problem now. Carl Knight just sent this to me and asked me to post it.

Attachment 1123615
That's kool!

Just as long as he's not wearing a dress out of that closet!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks to Brad and Keith for the race series. I had a real good time last night and I hope everyone else did also. Great racing and really good people to talk to about set up no your car. Although we need to handy cap some racers like Brian,mark,blain,ect. " lol lol lol
'
Old 10-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Jonathan and I had a great time last night. Got the trucks running better and had decent runs throughout the night. It's a long drive from Suwanee, but worth it. Very glad to have an indoor off road track in the metro area

Jack
Old 10-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Great job for sure to Hotshots. What a great place to race!!! I rolled in at 2 am from a fun night of racing.

Brian
Old 10-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

No race Sat but a good practice session!

Robbies B4.2 is coming around nicely, by the end of the day was in the low 13's with a few high 12's. That's with a 13.5 motor, non-boosted speedo, 65c batt.
Track had a lot of loose dusty stuff, not sweep all day. Still some tweaking on the car to do.

All in all pretty good for someone who hasn't run off-road in 17 or 18 years!

Thanks to Chris, Keith, and others for their help and advice.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

A couple of things:

For some reason HotShots hasn't been able to upload results to the JLap site. The problem is due to us switching our host server. I'll try and fix this week. Meanwhile I posted their results on my results page back to 9/15.

HotShots Results

Another thing Keith mentioned is some racers missing laps. The chance this is a software problem is very small. If you're one of the few missing laps and if it happens more than one time to the same racer, probably it's your fault.

Seems that for some reason the preferred mounting spot has become the top of the servo. The transponder uses a magnetic induction signal; the servos motor produces a magnetic field. See where this is leading? Also some will mount PT's in the vertical position. This also is bad. MyLaps/AMB has always recommended mounting PT's Horizontal and away from electronics.

There’s also a problem in electric racing with these high power motors needing more C's than lower C batteries can provide. This will rob power from the receiver/transponder. The loop is in an area of the track where your pulling full throttle out of the sweeper. Investing $5 in a glitch buster capacitor can prevent a "brown out"!

And before you say, "it works a every other track", I've heard it before!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So what's the solution you have for a flat, chassis mounted with provided mount, brand new my laps hybrid transponder? It's easy to point the blame elsewhere, but if it works at "every other track" as you said why would this be the only track having this issue? Just curious so we can solve these issues for ourselves as well as other racers when this comes up.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE
So what's the solution you have for a flat, chassis mounted with provided mount, brand new my laps hybrid transponder? It's easy to point the blame elsewhere, but if it works at "every other track" as you said why would this be the only track having this issue? Just curious so we can solve these issues for ourselves as well as other racers when this comes up.
Are you having this "not counting" problem? Are you having this happen more than once, twice or more?

I can look at your results to see if there's a pattern. What race and class?

And your right, it is easy to point blame elsewhere. That's why we need to look at the total picture.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I know there was like 5 people that missed laps friday that never had before there with no changes to there cars.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcbo
I know there was like 5 people that missed laps friday that never had before there with no changes to there cars.
So what you say is they never missed laps there at HotShots on the off-road track?
Old 10-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
So what you say is they never missed laps there at HotShots on the off-road track?
Not till Friday.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcbo
I just looked at the sheets myself. It appears it missed one of mine as well in Q1. I had changed to mid-motor, but the transponder was not moved or even un-taped from the servo when I did the change. I use the old school AMB transponder in my car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.