Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread*** >

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Old 09-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
The 2WD SC class would be the best bet. Brad's son Pete races in it and does well. I would try that.
Shoot, Pete beats me sometimes, he is no longer a novice. I am referring to kids and newbs. Agreed, a SC class would be best - but to keep it open to any 1/10 electric.

BTW - i noticed last Friday that there are rarely any beginners at any of the V2 HS off-road races. They used to be fairly common, maybe a open novice class will bring some in?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cptxaggie
Shoot, Pete beats me sometimes, he is no longer a novice. I am referring to kids and newbs. Agreed, a SC class would be best - but to keep it open to any 1/10 electric.

BTW - i noticed last Friday that there are rarely any beginners at any of the V2 HS off-road races. They used to be fairly common, maybe a open novice class will bring some in?
FWIW I think every track should have a novice class. I don't see why Brad and Keith would not allow it as long as there are entries for it.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was actually somewhat thinking of going another route...

Why not have a "pro" class (more for 2wd buggy than anything) and the rules would be simple. If you turn 26 laps (or whatever the lap count is decided for each class) in at least 2 of your qualifiers or mains, you run "Pro Mod Buggy." That way it keeps all the super fast competitive guys racing with one another (like they generally would do in the A-Main anyways) and then everyone else just runs the normal classes without the label of "novice" as I don't feel like it's an apt description considering the amount of experience most of our weekly racers have.

For those asking about the race schedule, I spoke with Brad tonight and we will be restarting our alternating week schedule. This weekend will obviously be offroad, then the next will be onroad, and so on... Unless I am overruled, my intention is to stick to the schedule as posted regardless of rain outs, other races, whatever.... There has been some serious lack of backbone when it comes to the schedule on my part and I intend to ratify that.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4fourGraphics
I was actually somewhat thinking of going another route...

Why not have a "pro" class (more for 2wd buggy than anything) and the rules would be simple. If you turn 26 laps (or whatever the lap count is decided for each class) in at least 2 of your qualifiers or mains, you run "Pro Mod Buggy." That way it keeps all the super fast competitive guys racing with one another (like they generally would do in the A-Main anyways) and then everyone else just runs the normal classes without the label of "novice" as I don't feel like it's an apt description considering the amount of experience most of our weekly racers have.

For those asking about the race schedule, I spoke with Brad tonight and we will be restarting our alternating week schedule. This weekend will obviously be offroad, then the next will be onroad, and so on... Unless I am overruled, my intention is to stick to the schedule as posted regardless of rain outs, other races, whatever.... There has been some serious lack of backbone when it comes to the schedule on my part and I intend to ratify that.
I still think splitting the class is going to hurt it. I still believe there is not enough and it will water down the class. The only way I got faster was running with the fast guys. One of the funniest races I have had here in GA was against you my friend. This was when I was just getting back into racing from a 10 year vacation. On a little front yard track in North GA. It was some "GA Electric Championship" race or something (not sure on the name, but got a t-shirt). You and I battled it out in B main for the entire race. That race let me know that "Hey I'm getting the hang of this again". If was not racing and learning from the fast guys each week I don't think it would have happened.

So in short... I think we need a deeper field of racers. And we get that by growing the class not splitting it up. The easy thing to do for now is to do a resort after round one or just do some adjusting when setting up the heats. You know who is who.

Ok about the schedule. How about we don't make it all our nothing. Meaning lets alternate the days not the whole weekend. For example say if this week was Friday off-road and Saturday on-road. I would race Friday because I know there is a good chance of rain Saturday and any other track would get rained out.

Just my .03

BTW if none of that makes sense ignore it. It is almost 4am.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think a novice or rookie class is a great idea. People tend to loose interest in racing when they know they can't compete on a higher level. I also think a stock and mod class is needed eventually. Let stock be 17.5 or something like that.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Might as well go for blinky stock if you go for a stock class.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
Might as well go for blinky stock if you go for a stock class.
You volunteering to monitor it? LOL. That is the problem somebody has to watch ESC settings.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
You volunteering to monitor it? LOL. That is the problem somebody has to watch ESC settings.
They already run a blinky 17.5 class for the on-road touring cars at HotShots. That is why I mentioned it.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
They already run a blinky 17.5 class for the on-road touring cars at HotShots. That is why I mentioned it.
Gotcha.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I really wish we could keep Fridays both on and off-road all the time! Betters my chances of racing!

I look forward to things picking up even more now we are heading into indoor weather season!

Once the field has thickened (A LOT) I would like to see Sportsman (mod) 2wd buggy, stock 2wd buggy. and mod 2wd buggy PRO. It would be nice to have a pro mod class for just the FASTEST, a sportsman (MOD) class for the guys who want the motor like the fast guys but want a chance of an a main win, and a stock class were they can ALL go race to gather, so the slower guys can pace the faster guys in a class where the motor helps even the field (you could even have a stock tire rule to even the field even more)

This is just a dream........ I know we are far from that kind of reality

Currently my back is miserably blown out...... I really want to come out and race tonight, but I can barley carry my equipment much less marshal, if anyone could help me marshal tonight I might feel better about coming, just hate not being able to do my racer duties......
Old 09-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

IMHO 3 heats worth of mixed buggy with a reshuffle seems to work well. There is no shame in a B-main win in that group. Maybe split it up for a trophy race so people more people have a chance at a Trophy.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

In onroad classes its alot easier to see if a car is in blinky or not just by watching it on the track........ Also the only time on road cars are tech'd is at a larger event when we every one goes thru tech before thier round. Otherwise its run on an honor system but like i said its alot easier to see the difference on onroad.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Looking forward to some dry racing tomorrow.

Brian
Old 09-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hexonox
In onroad classes its alot easier to see if a car is in blinky or not just by watching it on the track........ Also the only time on road cars are tech'd is at a larger event when we every one goes thru tech before thier round. Otherwise its run on an honor system but like i said its alot easier to see the difference on onroad.
You can see a huge difference offroad too. If this class was introduced you could also do random inspections and inspect the winners. If they don't know when you're checking they can't prepare for it. I run my cars in blinky mode but run 7.5t motors. If I pencil in a 1 before the 7 does that count?
Old 09-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE
You can see a huge difference offroad too. If this class was introduced you could also do random inspections and inspect the winners. If they don't know when you're checking they can't prepare for it. I run my cars in blinky mode but run 7.5t motors. If I pencil in a 1 before the 7 does that count?
I run an 18.5 in blinky them!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.