Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread*** >

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Old 08-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

32 Entries or something like that for the 2nd Friday night race!!!! That is a taste of things to come!!!!

Great competition, most of the best around showed up last night and laid it down!

We all have to be patient with Kieth and Brad, it seems Jlaps has a mind of its own last night. Looks like the folks from Jlaps need to head to hotshots asap and make their product function correctly!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah, I had a ton of fun last night. I have to thank Carl for helping me out last night making it possible to race last night.

Qualifying went far better than expected considering the level of competition. Sadly the main didn't go quite as well but that is how it goes sometimes.

I'll be back out to race again in a couple of weeks. I know you guys will get the kinks worked out of the computer issues.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by synap2012
32 Entries or something like that for the 2nd Friday night race!!!! That is a taste of things to come!!!!

Great competition, most of the best around showed up last night and laid it down!

We all have to be patient with Kieth and Brad, it seems Jlaps has a mind of its own last night. Looks like the folks from Jlaps need to head to hotshots asap and make their product function correctly!
ewww jlaps. junk.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

to bad they don't use rc scoring pro
Old 08-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Loaded up and ready to race some 2wd buggy and 4wd buggy. Will be there as soon as I can and can help with track stuff if needed
Old 08-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Great racing last night all around and an AWESOME car count to boot. I would like to apologize once again for the computer issues. As far as I'm aware, Bob is on his way up to the track today to look into getting it fixed. Even after having a few guys leave early, we still managed a B-Main in 2wd SCT and 2wd Buggy. Congratulations to friday night's A-Main winners:

4wd SCT: Andy
2wd 1/10 Buggy: Eddy Cordoba
2wd SCT: Cole Ogden

For complete results, click HERE!

We're having another race today at 4 o'clock and we've already got several drivers setting up their pit areas and even a few getting some practice in early. The track was watered last night around 1:00 am and is still a bit slick this morning. However, the more laps we can put on the track, the better it will be. Come on out to HotShot RC and enjoy some close racing!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

And THAT is how we do it!!! Great racing across the board today in all classes! Got our JLap hick-ups out of the way early and ran through 3 rounds of qualifiers (7 heats total) and 5 total mains in less time than it took us to run 2 rounds and mains last night. Easily the race of the night was the 2wd Buggy with 3 drivers swapping the lead lap after lap the entire race. SCT 2wd was a pretty wild race as well. Just an awesome night overall. Thanks to everyone who came out and made tonight one to remember.

A-Main Winners:

4wd SCT: Andy
2wd 1/10 Buggy: Mark Moon
2wd SCT: Chris Jones
2wd 1/10 Stadium Truck: Mark Moon

For complete results, click HERE!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

another great day of racing at hot shots rc . another great crowd and great racers. I only wish I was one of them good to great racers lol lol lol . anyway it was a great day.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I really had a blast at Hotshots! Can't wait to get back to race on the super fun track.

Brian
Old 08-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys, I had a great time Friday night, I nearly hate to mention this idea but it's just and idea, leave Friday night racing open racing, but Saturday night have a mod class and stock if you have enough entries.

The reason being if Hot Shots broke up the large classes, SCT and 2wd buggy
there would be more racers in there own skill level, for example if a racer had not ever turned 21 laps in a race or qualifer they would run stock, over 21 laps could run Mod.
This would thin out the traffic in mod and give another racer a chance to win stock class.

Just an idea what do you guys think?

Carl Knight
Old 08-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Wow, What a A main that was in 2wd buggy Sat!!!!

Some of the best racing around for sure!!!

Keep us posted on the schedule, we want more dirt racing
Old 08-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

I agree with Carl, we need a sportsman/rookie 2wd buggy class.

Enforce a simple 23 lap break out rule, you get more than 22 laps you get bumped to expert 2wd buggy.

This would make for cleaner qualifiers for sure!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

I think Carl has a good idea, but stock class is a motor spec class, where mod is open motors. I think maybe splitting the class into 2wd mod buggy and PRO 2wd mod buggy is where he was going. You could add a spec class buggy class as well that some people in either class could run as well. Just another class to add. Make it a 17.5 motor class in SCT and buggy. That being said, you could run a 17.5 in the mod class as well as spec, extra track time, the main difference is the temp of esc and motors. The mod motors do have more power, but lets face it, you can't really use it on the track. Just my opinions as well as others elaborated to my thoughts. Also with the spec class, the guys that have RTR cars would have a class and might not be as intimidated or hesitant to race.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

I could see a sportsman and a pro 2wd buggy class.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Not a fan of splitting the class. What would be better is to arrange the heats or do a resort after round one. I think it should mean something to make the show (A main). Gives guys like me something to shoot for No offense to the nitro guys but thats how it should be. Not a fan of splitting a class. .02

Had a great time during the weekend!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.