Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Turtle Trax Hobbies expanding, place your vote. >

Turtle Trax Hobbies expanding, place your vote.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turtle Trax Hobbies expanding, place your vote.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Liquor license
Old 04-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tinasam
They are backordered and that is the only reason we don't have them in. We've already placed an order for more. Transponders should be in in less than a week now, they take 2 to 3 weeks to get.

TLR22 parts aren't going to happen, Losi is a Horizon hobby only part and they want us to place a 15,000 dollar order to start up with them. That ain't going to happen, sorry.
Sorry, I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. I am just trying to help by giving honest feedback. I know everyone at TT is doing their best to provide a quality RC experience.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cptxaggie
Sorry, I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. I am just trying to help by giving honest feedback. I know everyone at TT is doing their best to provide a quality RC experience.
Oh you didn't ruffle at all! I was just explaining why we don't have Losi parts. Its not that we don't want to stock stuff for you guys, its just right now we don't have that much fundage to throw at them We still are puttering along on a cash only basis, no loans.

I appreciate the input
Old 04-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ninja
Would those be VTA legal?
I can be bought.

AS for TT I would not worry about Losi. Just keep going as you are. If Losi does not want to be part of the racing scene there are other 2wd buggys out there that do a very good job getting around the track. I have seen some very fast Duatrax cars and trucks. I don't know if sportwerks is still in but that was a very good car for the price I wish Traxxas would build another buggy and truck, the schumacher is wonderful but pricey. Just a thought.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Gas stuff makes the most sense. There is a huge offroad gas following here in GA but not a good place to buy race-ready supplies. If you start stocking gas supplies, you attract those gas guys as well as give them some exposure to electric racing. Parts for gas get sold + potentially more racers on the track (and their wallets).
Old 04-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dane
Gas stuff makes the most sense. There is a huge offroad gas following here in GA but not a good place to buy race-ready supplies. If you start stocking gas supplies, you attract those gas guys as well as give them some exposure to electric racing. Parts for gas get sold + potentially more racers on the track (and their wallets).
+1 Can't believe I just voted for gasholes........but it makes cents.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dont think you need to do anything but continue to be the best indoor 1/10th offroad facility in the area. Expand if you find a bigger building or another opportunity like that, but I dont care if you sell gas car parts or RC Heli parts. Parts, Trucks, Losi stuff,,, that all comes and goes. Just continue to do it all well.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I dont think you need to do anything but continue to be the best indoor 1/10th offroad facility in the area. Expand if you find a bigger building or another opportunity like that, but I dont care if you sell gas car parts or RC Heli parts. Parts, Trucks, Losi stuff,,, that all comes and goes. Just continue to do it all well.
+1 I'm gettin good at this.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

DD

I would really like to see TT expand into the Adult novelty business. You know there are just never enough of them around and I am sure it would increase your drop in traffic.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness
DD

I would really like to see TT expand into the Adult novelty business. You know there are just never enough of them around and I am sure it would increase your drop in traffic.
Well since we are already battery operated electric only, might as well....
Old 04-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BrentH
Liquor license
Indeed !!

Also, I would suggest some sort of oval program. Some way you could arrange an oval race for folks that prefer chasing their tails in circles....I was a dog in my former life. Might be a way to sell more stuff....sprint cars/oval pan cars etc etc

PS: I heard that medical Marijuana was a Growing business.....get it...growing...the double entendre...I snicker

Last edited by Aardvark; 04-07-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: PS
Old 04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

how bout becoming a durango dealer......apparently replacement parts are in high demand
Old 04-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rednck21
how bout becoming a durango dealer......apparently replacement parts are in high demand
If I can con somebody into ordering a DEX410 and there 4x4 SCT I can get set up with them. I have to order 2 kits and a supply of parts before I can be a dealer for them. There such high dollar stuff I am worried about taking the gamble on them. I am currious about there 2wd buggy when it comes out though.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

I had forgotten about kyosho, very good 2wd and 4wd. Tamiya keeps coming out with new and very good offroad but you have to buy them when they come out before they are discontinued about every other week. Very sad.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
I had forgotten about kyosho, very good 2wd and 4wd. Tamiya keeps coming out with new and very good offroad but you have to buy them when they come out before they are discontinued about every other week. Very sad.
They can get Kyosho now. The only problem is I am the only one that runs a Kyosho regularly(only 2 others around for a total of 3) and the durability means I am stocked for parts for a long time already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.