R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Georgia Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/)
-   -   TLR 22 Builds (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing/500114-tlr-22-builds.html)

cptxaggie 04-05-2011 06:35 AM

TLR 22 Builds

I know there are several of folks that got their 22 this weekend. Started your build yet? What is your progress? Any issues encountered?

I am mostly done with bag C, either I lost or got shorted a 5x10 transmission bearing. I am impressed with the kit, so far - everything going together extremely well - not touched the dremel yet!

I will see if HT has the bearing today, otherwise I will go ahead and finish it up this week (minus ESC & battery).

kikcaffine 04-05-2011 08:21 AM

I hear the build tolerances are obscene on that car.

cptxaggie 04-05-2011 09:03 AM

Yeah, it is going together like a 3D jigsaw puzzle. Everything is lined up and tight fitting.

My only issue has been that the sub-bags are not marked, having to hunt around for the right bag or just dumped all of them and worked from there.

BrentH 04-05-2011 10:38 AM

Built the Mid-motor 22 yesterday. My take:

Pros: Nice quality on all the parts. Hardly any flashing and no part trees. I like the metric screws and mostly used the 2.5mm hex. Lots of parts are keyed in and the fit is perfect. Big bores are nice. The attached slipper hole changer thing is cool. Its built like a brickshithouse and should be very durable. Didn't run into any problems during the build. A very enjoyable build.

Cons: I'm still not sold on the steering rack. It binds at full throw left and right. The fit isn't tight enough to keep tiny debris out....stuff is going to get in there. The question will be if its enough to affect performance. The tranny also seems pretty tight on the four gear. I'm sure it will wear in though, you do have to make sure nott to overtighten the tranny bolts. Parts organization could have been better as stated above.

Overall, I think this buggy will be very competetive and force others to up there game. Even if it doesn't win championships the quality of the vehicle far surpasses anything out there right now. Can't wait to test drive one.

cptxaggie 04-05-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by BrentH (Post 8918079)
Its built like a brickshithouse and should be very durable.

Yep, I was looking for the words to explain that aspect of it!

I am doing the mid-motor as well, what set up did you use to start with? Did you cut the shock bladders?

BrentH 04-05-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by cptxaggie (Post 8920120)
Yep, I was looking for the words to explain that aspect of it!

I am doing the mid-motor as well, what set up did you use to start with? Did you cut the shock bladders?

It's not mine....just building it for Carl. So I just built it with the kit setup. I read about the cut bladder set-up Evans ran. Personally, I would not cut them to start. You would also need the 3.5 block, castor, springs, and kickup to complete that setup. Plus, I heard the kit setup is not bad in both configs.

cptxaggie 04-05-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by BrentH (Post 8920558)
It's not mine....just building it for Carl. So I just built it with the kit setup.

Yeah, I agree. I was leaning towards the kit setup, anyway. Thanks.

Atomicsickness 04-06-2011 08:13 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/IMAG0218.jpg

It was a very nice build. The car feels really solid. The shocks have to be the smoothest of any I have ever built. The only concern I have is the transmission seems to be a little stiff. I think it will break it an be fine though.

I went with a combination of the kit setup and some of Dustin's.

Ninja 04-06-2011 03:05 PM

I hate to be off topic, but how do you like that Gens Ace LiPo?

Eddie C. 04-06-2011 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness (Post 8923025)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/IMAG0218.jpg

It was a very nice build. The car feels really solid. The shocks have to be the smoothest of any I have ever built. The only concern I have is the transmission seems to be a little stiff. I think it will break it an be fine though.

I went with a combination of the kit setup and some of Dustin's.

I call shotgun 3 weeks from now when you ready to sale it like you did w the .1 lol jk looks good!

JustWill75 04-06-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ninja (Post 8924861)

I think they are some very good packs with good power and competitive with much more expensive packs.

Atomicsickness 04-06-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ninja (Post 8924861)

I like them. They perform well and you cant beat them for the price.

cptxaggie 04-06-2011 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am pretty much done with the kit part. Just need to get an esc, wire everything up and paint the body.

Brent, If you dont mind I am going to go with black and yellow.

BrentH 04-07-2011 07:11 AM

Your just ruffling all kinds of feathers today! Thats not my yellow color in the pic. I run Daytona yellow, Cuz it goes fasssst!

FATKAT 04-07-2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by cptxaggie (Post 8926371)
I am pretty much done with the kit part. Just need to get an esc, wire everything up and paint the body.

Brent, If you dont mind I am going to go with black and yellow.

Thanks for the pic of Eddie and a nice Charvel :nod: