Drama Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I am part of Kik's club but I'm not paying.....

I kid I kid.

My thing is how about not corner marshaling my car with your feet.

I wreaked I know, my fault, but don't walk over there and flip it over twice with your foot.

It was a older cat to. Other than that, nothing really to complain about. We have to much fun.

If you ever have a need to bust up all your stuff and throw your RC body around, then it's time to just chill.

Somebody also needs to teach that guy in the Thunder Tiger buggy how to drive.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ha ha ha,,,, you mortals and your turn marshals! JK

I have an issue with yelling "marshal" as soon as my car crashes
(I guess I could yell worse things)

I think the problem with marshaling is there is no credit one way or another (unless you believe in karma)

Trophy races need to add 2 more trophies to events
1 trophy for the best marshal
1 trophy for the worst marshal

Should keep people on their toes

fyi: one big reason I come to a race is to see full grown men pitching a fit over their toy car!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
My thing is how about not corner marshaling my car with your feet.

I wreaked I know, my fault, but don't walk over there and flip it over twice with your foot.
As part of the club with a history of back problems, and as a Chiropractor. I took it upon myself to make a tool for turnmarshaling. I took a little shrub rake with the soft plastic rake portion and then put a section of swim noodle on it to pad it. I think I was succesful at making something that will not bust up your race ride, but half the time the car is in a position that you have to bend over for it anyway. So overall it was a fail, but it was nice to have something to lean on. Shepherd's crook. I may start using it again.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

here's some drama that is near and dear to me. Chip Rodgers R-Woodstock and state senate majority leader, will refuse to put to a vote allowing counties to vote on whether or not to allow sunday beer sales. The state reps bow to the pressure ofthe Tali-baptisits and won't allow us to practice true democracy......I vote, and I watch what you are doing. If I'm not buying beer on sunday by the time the next electionn rolls around......you won't get my vote again Rodgers.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

I will vote for him to cancel your nay vote. How does it feel to no longer count lol
Old 02-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Suspended

it won't cancel it out....it will still be a lost vote. of course, all he has to do is let me come grab some free beer from him on sunday and it will be all good
Old 02-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

But I wasnt going to vote but now I am
Old 02-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
As part of the club with a history of back problems, and as a Chiropractor. I took it upon myself to make a tool for turnmarshaling. I took a little shrub rake with the soft plastic rake portion and then put a section of swim noodle on it to pad it. I think I was succesful at making something that will not bust up your race ride, but half the time the car is in a position that you have to bend over for it anyway. So overall it was a fail, but it was nice to have something to lean on. Shepherd's crook. I may start using it again.
If I remember right I saw you at the outdoor tt with it! I give ya an A for ingenuity and effort!

Turnmarshalling is what it is. But our community as a whole can do a better job!

We gotta start with ourselves! Lead by example! And teach the young kids the right way.

Basic list of do's and don'ts that we are all guilty of:

Do Not:
-Have a conversation while marshalling.
-Watch the race (I know its hard but focus on your area)
-Sit down. I don't care if its a club and there's a chair there.
-Work on a car that has broke. Set it aside and if they wanna come get it fine. But, its a dis-service to those still running if you neglect your spot.
-Don't go out of your area to marshal.
-Don't leave to the race is over.

Do

-Do watch your corner. Pretend every car that goes by is you!
-Do give the right of way to vehicles coming through while marshalling a wrecked car.
-Do the best ya can and don't get hurt!

As drivers: Do not yell at the marshalls! They didn't wreck you. Can you try and get there attention, yeah but don't get angry.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrentH
Do Not:
-Sit down. I don't care if its a club and there's a chair there.
-Work on a car that has broke. Set it aside and if they wanna come get it fine. But, its a dis-service to those still running if you neglect your spot.
-Don't go out of your area to marshal.
-Don't leave to the race is over.

Do

-Do watch your corner. Pretend every car that goes by is you!
-Do give the right of way to vehicles coming through while marshalling a wrecked car.
-Do the best ya can and don't get hurt!

As drivers: Do not yell at the marshalls! They didn't wreck you. Can you try and get there attention, yeah but don't get angry.
This has been a public service announcement from Thug Daddy..... we now resume normal drama already in progress.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

We gotta start with ourselves! Lead by example! And teach the young kids the right way.
Reminds me of a song the great Randy Watson once sang accompanied by the smooth stylings of his band Sexual Chocolate.
I believe the children are our future.
Teach them well and let them lead the way.
Show them all the beauty they possess inside.
Give them a sense of pride...

Old 02-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Post em up
Let me try my hand at some editing so its not 16 minutes of "other"...

I havent even really watched these yet, I was kinda disgusted at how it went down... I was there, it was my car... twice... I didnt get the one of Joe but i saw he had time to walk off the stand before his car was even "marshaled"...

Pretty sad that it happened in the mains too...

Edit here: instead of some harsh public name calling, ill probly just carry these with me on my laptop and they will be there for your viewing pleasure in my pit area
Probly gonna double duty and run fri and sun this week, got some buggy work to do.

Last edited by GizmoJunkie; 02-17-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

I really like it when they get to your buggy in record time only to flip you right back on your lid and go for it again and do the same thing.3rd times a charm i guess. I saw this first hand at the first round of the GCS. Or they put you on the wrong side of the track. o well it happens i guess but still frustrating none the less.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Flipmeover
I really like it when they get to your buggy in record time only to flip you right back on your lid and go for it again and do the same thing.3rd times a charm i guess. I saw this first hand at the first round of the GCS. Or they put you on the wrong side of the track. o well it happens i guess but still frustrating none the less.
At least they see you. A few people they didnt even see. Im going to rig up a high pitch speaker on mine when it flips.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Theres an app for that!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

If I remember right I saw you at the outdoor tt with it! I give ya an A for ingenuity and effort!

Turnmarshalling is what it is. But our community as a whole can do a better job!

Basic list of do's and don'ts that we are all guilty of:

Do Not:
These two are the ones I have trouble with. Especially the second one and especially if its a good race.

On the rake, It works fine if the target to be marshalled is upright and just facing the barrier, or facing the correct heading, but on its side. Then you can just nudge it with the rake and not have to bend over. That is great, but if its flipped every which way you have to pick it up, the rake is no help at all except as a walking cane. If there are several targets stuck together then the rake is taking up a free hand that could be unpiling buggies.

Right now I just try to be careful not to slip that lumbar facet. That sucks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.