racing at 3

Classes
stock sct
13.5/19t 2wd
1/10 open
1/8 e-class
1/8 truggy
1/8 buggy

Also open esc rule at this race in all classes.

TT guys were you at? This race was placed on the 31st and not the 1st for a reason.

Also will have pics a soon as the pipes are back in place.

Last edited by motesracing; 07-30-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I agree, I had a really good time racing with the TT guys. They are some of the best 2WD buggy racers I have ever seen...

Come on down guys, and give it a chance.....You can go home with a Trophy!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I think I will try to swing by for this one.

Did you guys get power out there yet? I still do not have a generator.

How big are jumps with the new layout? Yes I am a pansy and I do not want to sail my buggy off of a 12' jump
Old 07-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Last edited by cptxaggie; 07-27-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I may come to run open with my xxx-t.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

I'd like to see pics!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness
I think I will try to swing by for this one.

Did you guys get power out there yet? I still do not have a generator.

How big are jumps with the new layout? Yes I am a pansy and I do not want to sail my buggy off of a 12' jump

He was hoping the power would be in this week. But so far nothing has went right with that. If you need you more than welcome to hook in to my generator.

There was no big jumps that I know of. There is just a lot of jumps in this track layout. Im thinking lap times are going to be in the 1 min range.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motesracing
He was hoping the power would be in this week. But so far nothing has went right with that. If you need you more than welcome to hook in to my generator.

There was no big jumps that I know of. There is just a lot of jumps in this track layout. Im thinking lap times are going to be in the 1 min range.
One minute?! Where did he get the other 20 seconds? Lots alot!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rednck21
I'd like to see pics!
Ill get some as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by BrentH
One minute?! Where did he get the other 20 seconds? Lots alot!
It may not add 20 secs but Im sure It going to add at least 10 secs. The last track was real forgiving. This one has a lot more jumps and rythem sections to it and turns. This track will be more of a driver and setup track. For the speed demons. The back strait is 20 feet shorter but still over a 100 feet long.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It may not add 20 secs but Im sure It going to add at least 10 secs. The last track was real forgiving. This one has a lot more jumps and rythem sections to it and turns. This track will be more of a driver and setup track. For the speed demons. The back strait is 20 feet shorter but still over a 100 feet long.
Sounds great make people drive more and learn setup. This will also help your efforts to control the esc thing. More stop and go technical sections and less "dragstrips". I am sorry I can not attend this weekend as I am neck deep in trying to get our new place operational and work a fulltime job. Good luck to all of my "crew" who go. I encourage you to attend and promote harmony between all the tracks in GA this is what we need and the years to come will be great. Good luck to all and I promise I will make it out there sooner or later.

Gene Samuels
Old 07-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
Sounds great make people drive more and learn setup. This will also help your efforts to control the esc thing. More stop and go technical sections and less "dragstrips". I am sorry I can not attend this weekend as I am neck deep in trying to get our new place operational and work a fulltime job. Good luck to all of my "crew" who go. I encourage you to attend and promote harmony between all the tracks in GA this is what we need and the years to come will be great. Good luck to all and I promise I will make it out there sooner or later.

Gene Samuels
We are hoping thats what this new layout will do. It will be tested this weekend. I plain on running a stock truck with good tire and 12t a few lap to see how it compares.

I know what you mean with work and all. Repo company, Transport company and the small hobby business I dont have a lot extra time myself. Thats why I have not made it up there. If I get a sat off Ill be up.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know what you mean with work and all. Repo company, Transport company and the small hobby business I dont have a lot extra time myself. Thats why I have not made it up there. If I get a sat off Ill be up.
We may just have to meet in the middle and race it up in someones yard
Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
We may just have to meet in the middle and race it up in someones yard

We could just meet over about cumming at the mall and use the speed bumps for jumps. They got lights.

Ill be at l-ville on the 7th. Im trying to work it so I dont have to work sunday night. If I can pull it off Ill be over.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Guys track will be in great shape.

We did bump the start time up to 3pm.

Come on out and test them driving skills. New layout lap times on a dry track was 1:03 with the track wet it should drop to around 50sec for electric and mid to low 40s with an 8th scale. The track was very slick when we were testing. Nothing water cant fix.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default New Track Layout...

Motes,

Unfortunately, for 1/10th scale, it was rather disappointing. I ran a stock SCT, and the spacing of the jumps were just too far to get a rhythm. There were a group of us that all run Tekins, and even playing with the boost & turbo settings, we just couldn't get enough out of a 17.5 to clear any of the doubles. The step up could only be hit from the left and had to be timed just right to land on the top without rolling over or planting it head on into the stepped-up hill. The track was extremely slick as well throughout the day.

Best times were as low as 47 seconds, but most of us were right around 50 seconds. The 1/8th scale (nitro and electric) seemed at home of course as their instant traction and HP could boost them over each of the doubles and the step up. The open class electric saw the 4x4's have more success, but Metalsoft's 8.5 powered buggy could only clear the first of the doubles in the middle.

I honestly think though that to retain an electric crowd, the track needs to be more of a compromise. Loganville is a good example, and of course TT is perfect for 10th scale.

Anyway, I'd like to see others weigh in, but the sense I got from the 1/10th scale SCT drivers I talked to was similar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.