Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL r/c supercross 7/24 and 7/25

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

??? You got to be joking.If a new racer buys a RTR.. The last thing he is worrying about is the speedo setting..lol Most all new speedo has some kind of timing advance and you wont others to turn them off? lets see how that work out.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-man
??? You got to be joking.If a new racer buys a RTR.. The last thing he is worrying about is the speedo setting..lol Most all new speedo has some kind of timing advance and you wont others to turn them off? lets see how that work out.
Your right the last thing a new racer needs to be worrying about is esc setting. He probably need to work on his driving. At least then he knows its his driving and not his esc settings.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I hope it works out. Any idea when night racing starts?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BrentH
I hope it works out. Any idea when night racing starts?
The first night race was last week. We start at 5 we get done around 9:30 or so under the lights.

I hope it all works out too. I dont care much for the rule myself. Im one of the ones that will have a adj esc with the timing off. It suck knowing there is more there But I think what we are going to see is a closer race. It will force the driver to be very smooth and not make mistakes.

All I ask of everyone is this. Lets just give it a try if it works great. If not we will do something different. As it stands right now the advance esc are winning ever race at this track. The advantage is just to big to over come. We are going to look at running 17.5 with boost in the 13.5 class. Once it is tested the call will be made.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motesracing
Practice is 10 and races are 20. We run three qualifiers and the main. The qualifiers are 8 mins and the mains are 10 mins.
how many truggies and buggies are you having weekly may come down to race on sun
only ten min mains for truggy and buggy?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

a 17.5bl on w/timing advance & boost is quicker & faster than a 13.5bl w/no assist....
Old 07-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by toofast55
how many truggies and buggies are you having weekly may come down to race on sun
only ten min mains for truggy and buggy?
Truggies around 5 or 6
Buggies around 10 or so

Nitro classes run 5min heats and 20min mains.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctouringracer
a 17.5bl on w/timing advance & boost is quicker & faster than a 13.5bl w/no assist....
Definitely!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

No racing this weekend. See first post.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html

The new hotwire software is out. It has some interesting changes.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hello all. I'm just returning to rc after about an 18 year retirement. SC is what got my and many of my friends interested in rc again, especially the idea of an even playing field. I've been involved in many forms of class racing both circle and drag racing over the years. What has shown over and over in the automotive industry to kill a series, is the constant rule changes which speed up or increase the power of the vehicle. SC was great because it was economical. Now we are putting esc's in our trucks that cost more than the rtr cost its self. I do understand that buying a new brushed motor every week or two is expensive and gets old so somthing had to be done. I think everyone on here would agree that the only thing that will keep this hobby growing is to have an economical class that almost anyone can afford and be capable of winning with there initial investment. I think what motesracing is trying to do is great and will probibly grow the class, and the hobby.

My suggestion (which probibly wont work now because everyone has already bought high end esc's) would be to run in the spec class (if you want call it spec still) traxxas brushless motors and esc's on training mode. that would be the spec motor and esc for the class. That setup is close to as fast as a titan 12t, they are cheep to purchase, that would eliminate burning up 12t's, and talk about an even playing field. But like i said earlier since everyone already has made such an investment this prob won't work. It would however be a posibility of a combo to allow in to help make it more affordable to newcomers.

Thanks for all your doing to try and give everyone a place to race.
Eddie
Old 07-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pro306
Hello all. I'm just returning to rc after about an 18 year retirement. SC is what got my and many of my friends interested in rc again, especially the idea of an even playing field. I've been involved in many forms of class racing both circle and drag racing over the years. What has shown over and over in the automotive industry to kill a series, is the constant rule changes which speed up or increase the power of the vehicle. SC was great because it was economical. Now we are putting esc's in our trucks that cost more than the rtr cost its self. I do understand that buying a new brushed motor every week or two is expensive and gets old so somthing had to be done. I think everyone on here would agree that the only thing that will keep this hobby growing is to have an economical class that almost anyone can afford and be capable of winning with there initial investment. I think what motesracing is trying to do is great and will probibly grow the class, and the hobby.

My suggestion (which probibly wont work now because everyone has already bought high end esc's) would be to run in the spec class (if you want call it spec still) traxxas brushless motors and esc's on training mode. that would be the spec motor and esc for the class. That setup is close to as fast as a titan 12t, they are cheep to purchase, that would eliminate burning up 12t's, and talk about an even playing field. But like i said earlier since everyone already has made such an investment this prob won't work. It would however be a posibility of a combo to allow in to help make it more affordable to newcomers.

Thanks for all your doing to try and give everyone a place to race.
Eddie
Ive seen many times over the years very good class get kill by racers pricing them selfs out of racing. 2 years ago at a race I pulled a band new slash out of the box 2 hours before race time. Changed the receiver in the truck and raced. There was 20 trucks at that race. I qualified 2nd and Curtis M. Tqed. Curtis broke on lap 2 and I took over the lead and went on to win. With a bone stock truck.

Now that same truck plus another 250 in tires and brushless system you might get close. Some people dont have that extra 250 but what to race and have a chance.

Now with the rule in place. I can get new guys on the track for $360 (thats car batt and charger) all day long and with the confidence that every one has close to the same speed car. By the rules we were running $650 will get you started with a competitive ride. Its that last 300 that kills it.

Our goal is a very simple one put new guys on the track get them hooked. Then hopefully they will speed that extra they have to have to run other places competitively. But if we cant get that new guy on the track. We all lost the race.

The only reason this rule got the final thumbs up from Andy and I was. No one No one had to buy any thing to make the change. It was a rule change that dont cost a penny to comply with.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

whats a good inexpensive brushless for 2wd sc i have a velenion but i know its illegal. could i run it on training mode (50% power) how well will a 12t hold up to the new rule i have plenty of those still.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pro306
whats a good inexpensive brushless for 2wd sc i have a velenion but i know its illegal. could i run it on training mode (50% power) how well will a 12t hold up to the new rule i have plenty of those still.
I would think that the 12t would be faster than a 17.5 with new rule.But with the 17.5 you don't have to change it every other week to keep it running good.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Its simple, build the track to your racers needs. if you build the track right a brushless advantage over a stock truck is minimal other than you dont have to run a new motor every week. Durring the GCS people would go to the track with 4 fresh motors, 1 for every heat. your going to spend the money one way or another, someone is always willing to spend that money to win. Brushless just takes that having to buy $100 of motors EVERY WEEK out of the equasion. In the long run its a lot cheaper. You can get a good ESC and motor combo cheap if you look in the right places

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.