Sugarbowl

Old 07-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sugarbowl

Is the Sugarbowl open to certain people on certain days? I drove by there yesterday and pulled up to the gate. The gate has a chain and three pad locks on it. Does anybody here have permission to practice, race, or bash there? I have a Slash and a SC8 That I would love to try out there. I have never been on a track. Please let me know if there is any access available to the track.

On a side note if there are any other offroad tracks in the Hall, Gwinnett or Forsyth County are please fill me in.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It is closed. Some people have the code to the padlock, it is hit or miss to catch somebody there. The offroad track is in bad shape, almost unusable and the drivers stand is dangerous.

Try:
Turtle Trax in Rome
Atlanta Supercross in Lawrenceville
Loganville
VRP in Brooks
Dalton
Battlefield in Rossville
Hobby Hangout in Douglasville
others...

see List
Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This weekend is a race in Rossville GA - even if you don't race - it would be a good time watching some great racing. I'm sure you can run your Slash in the SCT class. I think we have one other sc8 or rustler nitro powered - I bet we could get you in a class...

Last edited by offr0aden; 07-06-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: I think we have one other sc8 or rustler nitro powered - I bet we could get you in a class...
Old 07-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here is what the track config looks like

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the quick replys. And thanks for the invite to Rossville. A 5 hour round trip might be a bit much for me right now though.

I will try to hit up the track in Lawerenceville. It looks like its only 45min away.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Dremeler
I will try to hit up the track in Lawerenceville. It looks like its only 45min away.
When you get there ask for Jason Motes, he is very helpful and racing newbie friendly.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the Tip
Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cptxaggie
When you get there ask for Jason Motes, he is very helpful and racing newbie friendly.
Who is that guy?? I sure hope I run into him.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick replys. And thanks for the invite to Rossville. A 5 hour round trip might be a bit much for me right now though.

Come on by we will be glad to have you. Im always there at every race. I drive a white dodge with motes towing on the rear window and pulling a white trailer. If you need any help just come find me Ill gladly help you out.

Also there are a few guys trying to start a sc8 class. So they will be really glade to have you.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default sugarbowl

there is still a few people who go up there.... i go there 3 or 4 times a week .... i race on road.. but there is people on the dirt track also... there is some who maintain the track and is in decent shape... i have the gate code... hit me up...
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Is the Sugarbowl open to certain people on certain days? I drove by there yesterday and pulled up to the gate. The gate has a chain and three pad locks on it. Does anybody here have permission to practice, race, or bash there? I have a Slash and a SC8 That I would love to try out there. I have never been on a track. Please let me know if there is any access available to the track.

On a side note if there are any other offroad tracks in the Hall, Gwinnett or Forsyth County are please fill me in.

Thanks
hit me up i have the gate code
Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by cptxaggie
It is closed. Some people have the code to the padlock, it is hit or miss to catch somebody there. The offroad track is in bad shape, almost unusable and the drivers stand is dangerous.

Try:
Turtle Trax in Rome
Atlanta Supercross in Lawrenceville
Loganville
VRP in Brooks
Dalton
Battlefield in Rossville
Hobby Hangout in Douglasville
others...

see List
You are wrong budy.
Many people have the code. As far as you are playing no body is going to bother you.
I go there all the time. More than ones a week.
The off road track is in very good shape. Dusty (since there is not water) but good.
The stand is in good and safe enough to let my kids stay with me.
The driveway is the only bad part. A low profile car wont go thru. A regular sedan will do it.
And here it is a link where you can watch some recent videos of the track ww.youtube.com/user/JuanDavidHobby
Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Excuse me, buddy.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=NitroChef tC3;7637973]hit me up i have the gate code[/QUOTE

just wisper it to me here on the forum board,no one will hear. lol
Old 08-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Where is the track in Lawrenceville at? I live in Grayson, which is right around the corner!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.