Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turtle Trax May 1st

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The sun is now shining on TT and the clouds are gone, track is ready and were going to race for anyone that is having thoughts about the weather we are good to go. We've got a good crowd of SCTs and a few buggys with no rain in sight
Old 05-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Go get them Jim!!! I'll see you guys next week.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah...Ok...keep rubbing it in!
Old 05-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
The sun is now shining on TT and the clouds are gone, track is ready and were going to race for anyone that is having thoughts about the weather we are good to go. We've got a good crowd of SCTs and a few buggys with no rain in sight
Originally Posted by cptxaggie
Yeah...Ok...keep rubbing it in!
Yeah, do that some more please. I knew if I came to work today that the weather would work out.

I'll be out there about 6 to put some laps under the SCT. I might drop by tomorrow as well.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry guys, life happened agin. The ignition switch on the wifes car went out. I went to to the dealer and got one $160 later I have a new switch in hand. Way easy to put in but...it did not work. I found out this morning there was a straw jammed in the shifter that kept it from working. Not that my 8 year old knew anything about it. Of course the parts dept is closed on Saturday. I'll unpack the stuff and try again for the next one. Too nice of a track to keep missing out.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone for letting me come out and mess around. Next time I go i hope to have my transmission problems cured and my transponder installed.
and Jim, im glad I could help out with turn marshalling. Next time your there and you would like me to turn marshall i will be more than glad to
Old 05-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Weather worked out great all day long. Some good racing in SCT and buggy. Good to see some old faces back out there running again.

Congrats to Brent on the buggy win. 1st, 2nd and 3rd within about 4 seconds at the end of eight minutes. It was fun to watch. Maybe next weekend I'll put my buggy back together and run some laps with everyone.

Uno de Mayo was muy bueno!!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

thanks colby, and adam for turnmarshaling for me. The race was a good one to see. 3 buggies swapping the lead back and forth. close racing.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Weather was awesome all day! Go figure.

Thx Shuan. Jim smoked us all day in his losi. Default win.....but I'll take it!
Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Smile Sorry for da long post, its late, wifes asleep, I'm bored.

How was the SCT race?

I'm bumed we missed another raceday. Specialy with weather like we had. I bet the TurtleTrack was in tip top condition. Stinkin baseball is eating up all our time.
We did get our RC fix Friday night at Dalton Raceway. We where just spectators but we got some great info for my buddy's 1/8th nitro truggy thats been giving us fits.: We also had an awesome time watching and shooting the bull till almost 1 am.

I finally got a brushless motor in the SC10 so Taylor won't be making the brushed motor stink bombs any more.

We are running the SC10 with an LRP Vector X-11 13.5 with LRP Sphere ESC and I have it geared at 75/23. Does anybody else have anything to compare with? I had it geared 75/24 and I made a 10 minute run with a couple pit stops to check temps. After 10 minutes on the backyard dirt track, my temp gun (my index finger) said it was close to the upper limits heat wise. I could leave my finger on the can for a quick 4 count and not a millisecond longer. Thats why I dropped a pinion tooth, that and the fact that TT is pretty tight and technical.

Adam, have you started gearing your SC10? Did you run it? Where are you running the battery? I was told to mod the battery hold down to run the battery all the way back.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fishn or Racin

Adam, have you started gearing your SC10? Did you run it? Where are you running the battery? I was told to mod the battery hold down to run the battery all the way back.
I've done some work with the SC10 but I'm still running a 21.5 in my truck. I'm not sure how to gear one of the vector motos as they are a little higher reving than the Duo motor that I'm going to be running, also I will be adding some boost via my speed passion that you will not be able to do with the Sphere ESC.

Right now I've got the boost dialed way up on that 21.5 and its almost as fast as Bo, and Richards SCT's on 13.5 and 17.5, I just dont have the punch off the line.

I'll be more than happy to lend a hand with gearing when ya'll make it by though. I have a temp gun and a box of pinion's we can try until you figure out which one you need to buy
Old 05-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had fun everybody. Thanks for putting up with me.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Right now I've got the boost dialed way up on that 21.5 and its almost as fast as Bo, and Richards SCT's on 13.5 and 17.5, I just dont have the punch off the line.
My vast psychological training and years of field experience have enabled me to pinpoint your psychopathological condition.

Delusions of Grandeur noun - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are. Often referred to as the "Deet Da Deez" or "TIMMAY!!!" in North America.

also see megalomania - BTW - This isn't the annual clearance sale at the Mega-Lo Mart in Arlen, TX.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"Delusions of Grandeur noun - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are. Often referred to as the "Deet Da Deez" or "TIMMAY!!!" in North America."

That's pretty much how I wake up every morning. Big Plans for racing, take no prisoners, Dang the torpedoes!. Then by noon I'm still working on the honey'do list. By late afternoon I start wondering where the day went, the cars are still sitting here.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fishn or Racin
How was the SCT race?

I'm bumed we missed another raceday. Specialy with weather like we had. I bet the TurtleTrack was in tip top condition. Stinkin baseball is eating up all our time.
We did get our RC fix Friday night at Dalton Raceway. We where just spectators but we got some great info for my buddy's 1/8th nitro truggy thats been giving us fits.: We also had an awesome time watching and shooting the bull till almost 1 am.

I finally got a brushless motor in the SC10 so Taylor won't be making the brushed motor stink bombs any more.

We are running the SC10 with an LRP Vector X-11 13.5 with LRP Sphere ESC and I have it geared at 75/23. Does anybody else have anything to compare with? I had it geared 75/24 and I made a 10 minute run with a couple pit stops to check temps. After 10 minutes on the backyard dirt track, my temp gun (my index finger) said it was close to the upper limits heat wise. I could leave my finger on the can for a quick 4 count and not a millisecond longer. Thats why I dropped a pinion tooth, that and the fact that TT is pretty tight and technical.

I would suggest that you go down about 3-5 teeth on the pinion. If it's hot in the backyard, it will be much hotter on the track. 75/23 is what people are using with the 17.5 motors. 75/18 will let the motor run much cooler and last much longer. Also, you won't miss the reduction in top speed at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.