R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Georgia Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/)
-   -   TURTLETRAX April 25th (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing/390588-turtletrax-april-25th.html)

Team Turtle 04-18-2010 07:19 PM

TURTLETRAX April 25th

Sunday April 25th club race

Track open at 10AM and Racing begins at 2PM

We can run 3 rounds and a main for $15 or 2 rounds and a main for $10 its up to you guys who have to get up monday. 2 rounds will cut an hour off the day and put us finishing up a little after 5PM. I don't mind either way it's up to you guys just let me know on here and we will go with the majority.

As far as Saturdays will are thinking of starting a little later in the day. Was thinking of starting first round at 4PM and run a little later into the evening to run the mains in the shade and a cooler damper track. Again voice your opinion and we will go from there. I still want to treat this as a "club" and have all of your opinions taken into consideration.

Rfury 04-18-2010 07:23 PM

I'll be there. I doubt I will run 2 classes. I won't have my second battery pack. I will probably just run SCT so I can shake the bugs out of that truck.

thumper360 04-18-2010 08:55 PM

I like the idea of 2 and a main myself, but I like more time on the track also so its a win-win for me. But saturdays starting later is a great Idea for sure.

rctouringracer 04-19-2010 08:27 AM

The Saturday program sounds awesome! I'm down!;)

JustWill75 04-19-2010 09:32 AM

You guys are so luck. Because of my job I work every Saturday.

One day I'll be sick on a satuday. Oh yes my friends I will be sick (EVIL LOL)

danny sawyer 04-19-2010 09:37 AM

later sat. works better with me easier to make it up after work

K_Spec_RC 04-19-2010 10:35 AM

I like the idea of a later Saturday, it increases my chances of being there on time :D For Sunday, it doesn't matter to me, you know I'll probably stay till the sun goes down anyways..

LMRacing 04-19-2010 11:26 AM

I'll have my SCT this weekend (or at least I should have) adding another SC10 to the crowd :sneaky:

It wont be runable till next weekend at the earliest though, I had to scrap my 13.5. time to break down and buy a new one :( The question is Orion, or Trinity :confused:

mxrich 04-19-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by JustWill75 (Post 7291715)
You guys are so luck. Because of my job I work every Saturday.

One day I'll be sick on a satuday. Oh yes my friends I will be sick (EVIL LOL)

It always works for me. Last week it was the black plauge, before that it was a war wound, then I had a hangnail, before that it was some bad chiken soup the boss's wife made (everybody hated it anyway) Give me your work# I'll tell them I can hear you coughing from here.:lol:

JustWill75 04-19-2010 01:45 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I may have to save that for the State Race

liqfrce 04-19-2010 03:48 PM

Do you think you will ever run nitro out there? looks like a fun place.

Randy Nukem 04-19-2010 04:52 PM

Looks like I may actually be able to make it this weekend. Whats the dominant motor in stock SCT? Are people running 13.5 now? I need to check out last results an see how manys running too I guess.... Cant wait.

You better be there GT40........

LMRacing 04-19-2010 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by liqfrce (Post 7292972)
Do you think you will ever run nitro out there? looks like a fun place.

There are a ton of places in GA to run nitro, we wont ever run it. Nitro cars are heavier and end up causing bumps and grooves in the track that makes the electric cars more difficult to run.

Also nitro tracks are much larger than our track is and the jumps are spaced differently. I ran an e1/8th at the track a few times and its just not any fun because I couldn't open it up. I quickly sold it and gave up that it would be a fun idea to run an e1/8th class out there.

Randy, yes 13.5 is the prodominent motor being run right now. Some people are hanging on to the brushed stuff though. A bone stock slash has been in the top 3 more than a handful of times out here, the brushless only gives you the ease of never having to worry about your motor going bad, the straight isnt long enough to give much of an advantage to the 13.5's over somthing a little slower

Team Turtle 04-19-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem (Post 7293220)
Looks like I may actually be able to make it this weekend. Whats the dominant motor in stock SCT? Are people running 13.5 now? I need to check out last results an see how manys running too I guess.... Cant wait.

You better be there GT40........

13.5 or 17.5 either way both are fast enough. 13.5 will pull the 17.5's on the straight but without a sweeper and all the jumps and curves you will be right back on the 13.5's tail. So both are fine tires, are the biggest improvement. We had 16 SCT'slast weekend and there were about 8 or 9 guys missing for a big crawling comp in AL.

BrentH 04-19-2010 05:38 PM

For me...

I like the 3 quals and a main for Saturday. Sunday, I'd lean more to the 2 quals and a main. Whatever works best!