Does that work better than Pepsi?
No just easier to get a hold of. Why don't you go feed your sheep
Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
No just easier to get a hold of. Why don't you go feed your sheep

Huh?

Quit being stingy. Where's the NOS syrup?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Huh?

Quit being stingy. Where's the NOS syrup?
Oh you know don't play dumb...... If NOS had syrup would spraying it on the track make you car faster?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 17.5 vs 13.5

I know that I haven't really earned the right yet to debate with you guys but I thought I would share something most of you already know. It seems that everytime I see an electric class get built rules and regulations on spec vs non spec seems to always get in the way of racing - Touring car is not cheap (i realize that someone is probably gonna make a smart ass comment about that but oh well) and either we let people run what they brought out like Kumpol's last message post regarding 10.5 thru 17.5 or we keep it regulated to motor/tires only. The switching of motors is expensive to most and we will lose racers by making this change - nobody likes to get beat because of horsepower, skill is one thing, power another. I vote we keep it 17.5 so that ALL the guys from Nexus can race without dropping another hundred bucks (I dont mind but some people are really struggling right now) and everybody had a blast last time - lets grow the core group and then if theres enough interest, lets just do a stock clas and an open mod - screw a 13.5 or a 10.5 - i'll put the 4.5 redline back to use - if we want to go faster we should just consider the other racers financial position first or have enough people racing that the class could use splitting up anyway. If we had 20 people just electric show up, noone would care what motor it was cause you'd be racing your ass off anyway!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i will be there bright and early Dane and Eric you still want to pit near me and use the generator?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King Nitro
What ever happen to the days of no bumping up in the mains? You get three qualifiers to do your thing. To me it kinda takes away from those that worked there way into the main by doing there best. Why should anyone get that extra shot at others expense? Am I missing something here?

Steve
I don't think it takes away from the "A" qualifiers. Why do you think that? Who's at a disadvantage because someone bumped? Or maybe this is directed at me because I bumped up and won the "A" hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder?
LOL JK but I see nothing wrong with bump ups.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Xpress
Exactly. Why does it matter?
I have to agree Bob. We are racing outside again. I really don't care who's doing it as long as it function as a club and the "club" has what it needs.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've always been a fan of bump ups. To me, It makes the people who want to get in the A race harder to avoid finishing 10th and thus becoming the BQ. And it makes those in the B race harder to try and make the A. A win win if you ask me

And like everyone else has said, I'm glad you guys were finally able to pull it off. I went by HT last week and walked the groove where the track was. It looks like it'd be a lot of fun to race. Maybe one day this summer I'll pull the motor and ESC out of my buggy and come run with you guys!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I don't think it takes away from the "A" qualifiers. Why do you think that? Who's at a disadvantage because someone bumped? Or maybe this is directed at me because I bumped up and won the "A" hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder?
LOL JK but I see nothing wrong with bump ups.
Its not directed at you Marcos or anyone for that matter. The reason I dont care for bump ups is because I feel that in qualifying,thats just what it means.Everyone does their best with the set amount of qualifiers. Qualifying to me means do your best you can with what you bring to the track each heat race. Bump ups to me is like giving someone a 2nd chance because they didnt bring it when they had 3 or 4 chances already. In short,I feel it should be,"Throw down or tough Sh*t". There's always the next race to do it better.
Its just my view.

Cant wait til race day!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason douget
I know that I haven't really earned the right yet to debate with you guys but I thought I would share something most of you already know. :
Everyone is welcome to voice their opinion - no "earning" required....
Old 04-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

I have to agree Bob. We are racing outside again. I really don't care who's doing it as long as it function as a club and the "club" has what it needs.
It's just a simple question I asked......really doesn't matter to me. I was there helping out for the love of racing!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I do not agree with BOb. We have something good here. Why would you want to go back to something that did and will not work. My thanks to all of you who made outdoor racing possible.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andy4
I do not agree with BOb. We have something good here. Why would you want to go back to something that did and will not work. My thanks to all of you who made outdoor racing possible.
Am I missing something here? What did I say to agree or disagree on? I never said anything negative towards racing at HobbyTown. I haven't said a word about doing anything different.

I was there at the first race helping as much or more than anyone else. If I remember correct if anyone needed a pitman I was there, if a turn marshal was needed I was there.

I have nothing against Nexus putting on these races but then I saw the GO-RC site updated with race results and race info. So I asked a question!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
Am I missing something here? What did I say to agree or disagree on? I never said anything negative towards racing at HobbyTown. I haven't said a word about doing anything different.

I was there at the first race helping as much or more than anyone else. If I remember correct if anyone needed a pitman I was there, if a turn marshal was needed I was there.

I have nothing against Nexus putting on these races but then I saw the GO-RC site updated with race results and race info. So I asked a question!
Bob....it's been a group effort to make this happen. Nexus Racing is a business entity and has nothing to do with it. Again this is a group effort. And I mentioned a while back...a lot of work has been done by Danny. We, onroad races, have been helping him with a short notice.
It's been a success so far. We will have to be tight and push this forward a far as we can.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

well the weather on the forecast, for this weekends says its going to be scattered rain showers. If we do get rained out for this weekend are we going to do it the following week? I need to know so i can ask off from work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.