Wiki Posts
Search

Series 5 NGSNS the good, bad, and ugly

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Series 5 NGSNS the good, bad, and ugly

We just got home, and first things is MANY THANKS to DION for putting on another great race for us!!!! MUCH THANKS Brooke for running the clock and keeping us in check. Together you both make a great team!!!

The track was fast, smooth, and a blast to run.... I've never been let down by all your hard work and efforts... My hats off to you Dion!!!

Racers... most all of you... Once again we were faced with many children on the track, while many of you were wrenching on your RC's. This really became a problem for several of the classes, that were trying to run. I say this as the frustration levels kept rising, the lack of turn marshals made it very difficult to run other classes. We even at one point had to stop the warm up, reset the clock to get more people on the track to help. This can not happen at a series race. I was very surprised that at one point during the Pro buggy main, a little girl was kneeling down in the grass looking over the far left turn by herself. All that needed to happen was for one car to over shoot, and hit her smack in the face. I don't even want to think about telling that story....

Also, and I'll say this softly, if you are running two classes, you should help out in one of the other classes not sit one out because you can run two classes back to back and then only TM one race... I'll leave it at that..

Also, Sportsman ... "SPORTSMAN" (For lack of a better word) we are setting the example for our children and other new comers in the hobby. The trash taking in the stand and the screaming at the children... HAS TO STOP... Period..

If the sport causing you that much frustration and anger, please find something that makes you happy and set the example to your children and other children alike. I'll leave that alone ....

This is the first time I've left the track feeling like Dion really caught a lot of flack for childish behavior from us Adults... And I'll use the term Adults said lightly...

Please everyone... we are the future of this sport ... let's keep it fun and let's keep it a family event... it's not like we depend on this to pay our bills.

For me a bad day at the races still brings us much happiness as long as we are with friends, both adults and children alike ...

Thanks all
Old 09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offr0aden
We just got home, and first things is MANY THANKS to DION for putting on another great race for us!!!! MUCH THANKS Brooke for running the clock and keeping us in check. Together you both make a great team!!!

The track was fast, smooth, and a blast to run.... I've never been let down by all your hard work and efforts... My hats off to you Dion!!!

Racers... most all of you... Once again we were faced with many children on the track, while many of you were wrenching on your RC's. This really became a problem for several of the classes, that were trying to run. I say this as the frustration levels kept rising, the lack of turn marshals made it very difficult to run other classes. We even at one point had to stop the warm up, reset the clock to get more people on the track to help. This can not happen at a series race. I was very surprised that at one point during the Pro buggy main, a little girl was kneeling down in the grass looking over the far left turn by herself. All that needed to happen was for one car to over shoot, and hit her smack in the face. I don't even want to think about telling that story....

Also, and I'll say this softly, if you are running two classes, you should help out in one of the other classes not sit one out because you can run two classes back to back and then only TM one race... I'll leave it at that..

Also, Sportsman ... "SPORTSMAN" (For lack of a better word) we are setting the example for our children and other new comers in the hobby. The trash taking in the stand and the screaming at the children... HAS TO STOP... Period..

If the sport causing you that much frustration and anger, please find something that makes you happy and set the example to your children and other children alike. I'll leave that alone ....

This is the first time I've left the track feeling like Dion really caught a lot of flack for childish behavior from us Adults... And I'll use the term Adults said lightly...

Please everyone... we are the future of this sport ... let's keep it fun and let's keep it a family event... it's not like we depend on this to pay our bills.

For me a bad day at the races still brings us much happiness as long as we are with friends, both adults and children alike ...

Thanks all
That is how i feel too!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down selfish ass racers..!!!!!

I personally believe that alot of you " racers " as you want to call your self and sportsman... who come to the tracks and depend on Ed and Dion to provide you a place to race.. It is very very clear that you DO NOT give a CRAP about the rules... Turn marshals has always been a problem since I have been coming to these races for over a year now .. !!! I believe that the race or the even warm up sessions and qualifies should not be allowed to start unless every one is in their positons.. There are to many people taking advantage of this and it is very sad to see how you " racers/ adults.. show your lack of appreciation for the rules... I personally believe that all of you who don't make it a point to marshal and I can name names.. but I won' t go there .. Need to apologize to Dion .. he DIDN'T even race because he could not depend on you so called adults to marshal.. How damn sad is that... It really only shows me that you are a bunch of selfish people.. I am very pissed off at this race.... And I really do not care who likes it and don't ... If you have time to stand around and bullcrap with your buddies then you should make it a priority to marshal that way at least the man providing you with a place to do your sport .. can also have a good time... !!! I am not speaking for Dion at all I am speaking for my self and what happened and what I saw... I think you need to check your priorities and do what is required in order to have a decent race for everybody .. Not just your class of running... I can only hope the begging for turn marshals on a regular basis stops.. But who I am kidding when it has happened at every race that I have been to .. Grow up .!!!!! !

Last edited by TetraCichlid72; 09-05-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

I've got to give some Props to a Pro Buggy racer I believe his name is Garrett. He just built his first buggy (Hot Bodies D8) - stayed up all night (Building it) to run it his first time at Dion's - took first place in the Pro Buggy and man, this kid can drive. It was a joy to watch him take the corners clean, land every jump. It was a great show of dedication to the sport and sportsmanship!!!

I actually talked to him after his run and he said he was trying out some BCE parts I think longer rear shock towers and lighten chassis plate. Everything else was stock from the kit.

Garrett - great run, keep it up, it was great to see your efforts pay off!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

My Dad suggested maybe they should change the name of the Sportsman class, to Sportsman-less class...

Dion, great show! Track was awesome all day, and I had a total blast racing on it. It's by far my most favorite track I've run on, and I look forward to round 7 just to get back and try and redeem myself.

Good seeing everyone again, well most of everyone... Only piece of advice I can offer for the marshalling situation, buy like 30 kids from some third world country and make them do it (I know where you can get some cheap!)...

As far as bad attitudes go, I have one and I call him Evil Roy bO...

Old 09-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Hey bO - we didn't see a whole lot you and your Dad today. Seemed like you both were fighting it. The little we did talk, was all good.

I'll slow down for you next series... promise ...

At least when Evil Roy bO comes out.. he is ready to race

See you all next round!!!

Last edited by offr0aden; 09-05-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

I had a thought ... I think next series .. all the buggies should run Pro ... let it be a bash to the finish... Last buggy running main event... No holds barred...

We can have everyone TM for the race... 30 minute time limit.. rolling start... Put it all on the line!!!

Ya .. come ON..

I believe I said to Nick .. I'm going to install a plastic I-Beam to the front and rear of my buggy... Gotta to protect the investment...
Old 09-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Hey bO - we didn't see a whole lot you and your Dad today. Seemed like you both were fighting it. The little we did talk, was all good.

I'll slow down for you next series... promise ...

At least when Evil Roy bO comes out.. he is ready to race

See you all next round!!!
Yeah my buggy was good during the qualifiers, the first round I forgot to take off my hack-magnet, so I spent alot of time spinning around and riding around on the wing of someone else.

As far as bad attitudes, I'm one of the worst, I once cut a dude's ear off for tapping on me in Wal-Mart, turns out I had dropped a dollar and he was returning it to me. Boy did I feel bad...

Old 09-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default ...

Thanks man. You need to hurry and get yours! I'm thankful for Dion and all of the work he does. He has helped a lot to get where I am now. Do you have any videos of my car offr0aden? If so can you post it in the hot bodies buggy forum. Thanks again
Old 09-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default saturday's race

great race. this was my first time watching.i hope i helped out i tried to. i learned alot. dion did a great job . hope to be racing soon, not sure what class i want to start in . man those carsa are fast
Old 09-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default turn marshal's

why is this a problem? i had a good time doing it. its called helping other racers race. i know im new but there was plenty of adults there if every adult tm'ed 1 race there would have ben enough for all the classes.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by john davis
why is this a problem? i had a good time doing it. its called helping other racers race. i know im new but there was plenty of adults there if every adult tm'ed 1 race there would have ben enough for all the classes.
John,

Thanks for coming out, hope you enjoyed yourself and thanks for the help. If you have any questions on what buggy or setup, tires, fluids, etc feel free to ask anyone of us.

You asked the magic question, your 100 percent correct there were / are a bunch of adults. Many of them were working on their cars while there son / daughters where on the track. So we the ones that are on the track and working extra hard for the next race and cover a 6 or 8 year old from running onto the track while 4 or 5 cars are coming full speed, makes for a hard day. Not to mention these younger children are unsure of a car flying bye at 20 plus miles an hour, yeah its cool to them watching and being that close, but the parents should be the ones on the track as the race before, there were adults turning your car over.

Even my 14 year old son, I have to school him on goofing off during a race to make sure his heads in the game and not spacing out, but that's just me, because soon will come a day that he will be running around the track and he will want / expect the same in return.

Honestly folks... after your qualifier, you set your stuff down and TM for 5 to 6 minutes. Then you have the rest of rounds of classes.. say 15 to 20 minutes... then a 15 minute intermission. So say 25 to 30 minutes.. Do you really think that extra 5 or 6 minutes after the race is going to make that much difference. I know this is a competitive sport and we all get worked up after a bad run... but we have to treat others with the same respect you receive.

John ... sorry about jacking your post ...
Old 09-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

I'm only human to. And to be honest, I would not have drove 2 hours to this race if it had not been for the support from Dion and some fellow racers that helped me get my engine in tune and my front diff to stay together to make the race.

Take the good with the bad, I need to follow my own advice as I also find myself with not enough time to get my ride 100 percent perfect.

But I laugh about it and push on!!!

I love this sport and hope that we can all come together and enjoy it equally as much if not more!!!

[rant] over [/rant]

Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default the race

my grandson and i had a blast. i will come back and turn marshal some again. what i am afraid is going to happen is if others dont help dion, he is going to get burned out and we wont have a track to run at. so we need to do some things to help out. he likes to race too. i will help all you all got to do is tel me what is needed and if i dont know how show me ill be glad to help or ill try too.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

her name is April.

as for the race.....i have nothing i can say on a PG rated forum, other then the track was really nice to run on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.