Wiki Posts
Search

TURTLTRAX 8/16 @ NOON

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
I wonder why the 2 Kyoshos running basically the same setup look the same.

Also, while I am thinking about it, they won't look so similar for awhile. We are headed different directions on out setups in the future.
I would not change anything about your buggy. I also drove kieths and it's good too. That might be my next buggy!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was not fully happy with it. It had a little oversteer and I had to stay on top of it. If I could hang on to it and catch the tail when it stepped out it was very fast. I just don't think I am good enough to drive it like that all the time. I basically went back to the setup I had previously. All I had changed for last week was the roll center.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

What would your opinion be on having the 2wd class split to have a "pro" and "sportsman" group or are you guys happy the way it is. I have been getting several calls and we are about to have some top guns running buggies again. The 13.5 is more than fast enough for the track and keeps wear and tear down to a minimum. I want everyone to feel like they have a chance to win and we are about to have some sponsored drivers racing with us who are gonna school me. Or if you are happy the way it is we won't change a thing. I want the 2wd class to grow and not have people get discouraged and quit. I have seen this happen in the past and don't want a repeat. I feel we are gonna have a huge group of electric racers by the end of the year and I want everyone to have fun. I know cars break and things happen that are out of your control but the main thing is to have fun. If you have an opinion and don't want to voice it PM me.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

It's fine the way it is for now. Later when the turn outs get bigger then splitting the class would be good.
I know that the reason I'm slower is because of me and my ability to drive the car and judge set up changes needed to better the car. This puts me in the way most of the time and being in the way is no fun.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
What would your opinion be on having the 2wd class split to have a "pro" and "sportsman" group or are you guys happy the way it is. I have been getting several calls and we are about to have some top guns running buggies again. The 13.5 is more than fast enough for the track and keeps wear and tear down to a minimum. I want everyone to feel like they have a chance to win and we are about to have some sponsored drivers racing with us who are gonna school me. Or if you are happy the way it is we won't change a thing. I want the 2wd class to grow and not have people get discouraged and quit. I have seen this happen in the past and don't want a repeat. I feel we are gonna have a huge group of electric racers by the end of the year and I want everyone to have fun. I know cars break and things happen that are out of your control but the main thing is to have fun. If you have an opinion and don't want to voice it PM me.
Whatever is best to help grow the class if fine with me. Pro and Sportsman might be the way to go if there are going to be that many fast guys. I like racing in as big of a field as possible but it is not fun to be in the way of people who are way faster than you. I don't really care about the winning part of it (Good thing for me!) but it is much more fun running with guys at similar speeds. That is why I love the Slash so much - the better drivers will still win but you don't have to be worried about getting smoked down the straights. Yesterday was my first time running buggy and it was great fun but I shouldn't have been running in the A main. Hope I didn't break anybody's stuff. I hope to get better but I know I will never be as fast as most of the people running buggies so if we could get a good size field of Sportsman I would be all for it. The best thing about Turtle Trax to me is the atmosphere is so laid back, nobody gets mad and the schedule moves along at a great pace. Hope that part never changes!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

^^^^Ditto what Randy said^^^^
Old 08-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Questions?? Tires?

Got a tires question for 1/10 buggy. I have the B4 I am putting together and am curious which tires I should have on hand for racing. So far I have a set of Pro-Line Bow-ties and the Low Profile 4-Rib M3 on order. I was looking at the JConcepts Double Dee's Green. What other rear tires are recommended?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Bow-ties, hole shots, double dee, and any other similar tire will work. The Goosebumps will work if the track is really wet but that is a rarity. I run holeshots and double dee most of the time.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not a dude, but I thought Double D's were always a winner
Old 08-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know its more hassle but I do like it when you reshuffle the fields after say the first heats to get everyone in the same heats closer in times. Maybe not every heat but at least after the first heat. That way you dont have me messing up one heat, and GT40 messing with the other one
Old 08-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

I just want to stay away from the Bo'doser.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

I just don't want anyone to feel intimidated. You are by no means in anyones way. If they are fast they will find a way around you. I was thinking of just having a PRO class that would eventually lead to modified. And then just regular stock buggy. I remember as does Mark when we ran at Dalton and there where guys running stock who could be winning in the mod class but they wouldn't move up and keep things even.

We can do a resort that is no problem at all. Also was talked about doing group starts in qualifiers to hone skills in that field. Doind a resort after each round would be like running mains all day. FUN FUN FUN thats what it's about I will worry about being serious when we travel to big races.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If we had enough drivers for 3 or more heats I would say split them up. Until then i think it is a better idea to just sort again after the first qualifier.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I just don't want anyone to feel intimidated. You are by no means in anyones way. If they are fast they will find a way around you. I was thinking of just having a PRO class that would eventually lead to modified. And then just regular stock buggy. I remember as does Mark when we ran at Dalton and there where guys running stock who could be winning in the mod class but they wouldn't move up and keep things even.

We can do a resort that is no problem at all. Also was talked about doing group starts in qualifiers to hone skills in that field. Doind a resort after each round would be like running mains all day. FUN FUN FUN thats what it's about I will worry about being serious when we travel to big races.
AMEN Brother to the sandbaggers in stock class
Old 08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think leave it too, having faster guys on the track helps the slower races get better and faster,I do agree with re-shuffle after 2 rounds this as always groups faster and slower people together,it also looks better and word get's around faster when you tell people we had races down to a E or F-main....SWEET..!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.