Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Fall Off-Road Championship Series: Augusta R/C & Madison County R/C Ga. >

Fall Off-Road Championship Series: Augusta R/C & Madison County R/C Ga.

Fall Off-Road Championship Series: Augusta R/C & Madison County R/C Ga.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fall Off-Road Championship Series: Augusta R/C & Madison County R/C Ga.

Fall Off-Road Championship Series 2009 Race Season

This will be a 4 month series
3 months of racing 2 times a month
1 month finals
Nitro Classes: Buggy/Truggy
Electric Class: Spec Slash
$20.00 entry per Nitro class
$15.00 entry per Electric Class (If running Slash only)
$10.00 each Additional class
Everyone must have transponder.
Trophies to be handed out at each race of this series top 3, possibly 4th if according to turn out for class. If class has a very low turn out it still can be ran for points but trophies may not be awarded.
$14.00 of first Nitro class entry fee goes to track to cover trophies and time.
$10.00 of first Electric class entry fee goes to track to cover trophies and time.
$6.00 of first Nitro class entry fee goes to Championship Trophies and pot.
$5.00 of first Electric class entry fee goes to Championship Trophies and pot.
$6.00 of second and third class entry fee goes to track to cover trophies and time
$4.00 of second and third class entry fee goes to Championship Trophies and pot.
Sponsor items to give away at each race as door prizes if available.
Sponsor items to be given away at finals if available.
Sponsor cash to be given away at finals if available.
Need to sign up on rcsignup.com for this event will help the races started on time.

Race Format: Classes - Nitro Off-road & Electric 3 Qualifiers Each Class

Qualifiers A Main B Main C Main Lower Lower
1/8 buggy: 6 min 20 min 15 min 7 min 7 min 7 min
8 car mains + 2 Bumps.

Truggy: 6 min 20 min 15 min 7 min 7 min 7 min
8 car mains + 2 Bumps.

Qualifiers A Main B Main C Main D Main Lower
Slash Spec: 5 min 7 min 5 min 5 min 5 min 5 min
8 car mains + 2 Bumps.

Track Race Dates for Off-Road Series:

Augusta R/C: August 15th Rd1
Madison County R/C: August 29th Rd 1

Augusta R/C: September 5th Rd 2
Madison County R/C: September 19th Rd 2

Augusta R/C: October 10th Rd 3
Madison County R/C: October 24th Rd 3

Madison County R/C: November 14th Finals.

Good racing and good luck!!!!

Last edited by bigmanrc; 08-03-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Ok guy's and gals I have updated a few things for our Off-road championship race.

You can now go to our website and click on the rcpoints manager to follow your point progression during this series.

Also each class in this series will be running for there own points so if you you want more than one chance to win cash just run one of the other classes. 1/8 Nitro Buggy 1/8 Nitro Truggy and Spec Slash.

Please start sending me emails with your name or place your name on this thread so we can start now updating the RCPoints Manager with your names of those that want to race for the cash with us.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What are the chances of winning or placing well in the point series if you miss the first race?

I can make it to all but the first race

Thanks
Old 08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Dont worry about missing one or two of the races as long as you make 5 out of 7 you will have a chance to win in your class. We are hoping that this will be a fun race for everyone and yall make some cash at the end.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome then I will make it out

I race in the Slash Class, but I am curious with the boom in 2wd buggy when do you think some of these point series races will include a 1/10 scale electric 2wd buggy?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Direct link to the rcsignup page Please sign up it will help everything go smoother.

http://tracks.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=1058

Direct link to the rc points manager page

http://www.rcpointsmanager.com/viewer/bobbyb73/48
Old 08-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by synap2012 View Post
Awesome then I will make it out

I race in the Slash Class, but I am curious with the boom in 2wd buggy when do you think some of these point series races will include a 1/10 scale electric 2wd buggy?

Thanks
Im sure if some of the 1/10th guys would let the track owners know that they would show up for races they would add it. We here at Madison County R/C was looking at doing some stuff with 1/10 but not many people had in put. I would like to set up a race for the using a handicap system that way all levels of racers can run together but have equal amounts of opportunity to win.

Let me know ruffly how many are interested and we will set up some races for yall no problem!!!

Thanks
Bobby
Old 08-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

IF THE RULES DON'T STATE YOU CAN DO SOMETHING THEN IT'S NOT LEGAL

Slash Spec

CHASSIS
1. Modifications of any type to the chassis plate, lower braces, receiver box, battery brace and related parts are not allowed.
2. The battery must be placed in the battery tray. The foam battery spacer may be placed behind or in front of the battery when using a 6-cell battery pack, or removed when using a 7-cell battery pack. Cutting or otherwise modifying the spacer is not allowed.
3. The side nerf bars, front and rear bumpers, skidplates and body mounts may not be removed or modified.(THERE MAY BE AN EXTRA SCREW ADDED TO THE REAR BUMPER TO BETTER SECURE IT.)

SUSPENSION
4. Modifications of any type to the suspension arms, shocks, shock towers, hub carriers and related parts are not allowed.
5. The stock shock pistons must be used in their factory positions and may not be modified. The Traxxas Aluminum Shock Caps ( 2667 aluminum shock caps) are legal.
6. When refilled for maintenance, the shocks may be filled with any weight fluid. The shocks must be properly filled with oil.
7. The stock shock springs must be used in their factory positions. Springs may not be shortened or otherwise modified.
8. Spring preload may be adjusted using only the supplied spacers. Additional spacers may not be used.
9. Front toe-in and front and rear camber may be adjusted within the travel range of the factory turnbuckles and rod ends.

DRIVETRAIN
10. Modifications to the gearbox, transmission gears, slipper clutch, driveshafts and bearings are not allowed.
11. Each track must set a pinion rule based on what is best for the individual track. All racers must run the specified gear. Gears must be made available for inspection if requested by other racers or race officials. Spur and pinion gears are allowed to be after market replacements for the Traxxas.
12. The differential may not be locked or modified in any way.

BODY, WHEELS AND TIRES
13. The factory wheels must be used and may not be modified in any way. The tire may be changed as long as you stay with factory 2.2
14. Softening compounds or other traction aids may not be used.
15. A Traxxas Slash body or aftermarket body specifically sold for the Slash must be used and may not be modified in any way other than the addition of decals or paint. The body must be mounted using the factory body posts. The body must be trimmed using the factory trim lines, and may not be modified in any way other than the addition of decals or paint.

ELECTRONICS
16. The original Traxxas XL-5 speed control and Titan12T motor must be used. In the event of motor or ecs replacement the Traxxas XL-5 and Titan 12T must be used. No other esc or motors will be allowed.
17. Aftermarket transmitters, receivers, and servos may be used.
18. Motor and Esc connectors may be changed or eliminated. (Note this may void any warranties from Traxxas)
19. The motor's label must be intact. Motor modifications of any type are not allowed.
20. Piezoelectric gyroscopes or other stability-enhancing electronic devices are not allowed.

TRANSPONDER
21. The transponder must be mounted beneath the Slash body, either on the body itself or on the chassis plate.

BATTERIES
22.NIMH, NICD 6 or 7 cell packs are allowed.
23.Lipo 2S are allowed and must add weight in the battery box only to equal the 7 cell weight.

REPLACEMENT PARTS
24. Only Traxxas original replacement parts may be used or aftermarket parts specifically noted in these rules.
25. The following Traxxas upgrade parts are legal for Slash racing: 2667 aluminum shock caps.
26. The following aftermarket upgrade parts are legal. RPM gear cover.

The idea for this class is to keep it spec and affordable. In the process of the year we may find other areas where an upgrade part or aftermarket part may be needed to make the trucks more reliable. Because of this additions may be added at any time. Upgrade suggestions must come from the participating tracks and be based on an unusual amount of breakage.

Any and all of these rules can and will be enforced at any given time. At any time race director/track owner feels the need to inspect a car and racer refuses racer is automatically disqualified from the race and will lose any points given for that day. If any racer is found breaking these rules more than one time during any given race racer can be disqualified from round on first offense on second offense racer can be disqualified from the event for that day or for the completion of series. Refund of racers money for being disqualified will not be allowed and all points for racer may and can be completely removed from series.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Track is looking good for racing tomorrow in Augusta Ga.

See yall there,

Racing action starts at 6:30pm
Old 08-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks to all that came out to run in Augusta for the first race. I was told that there were racers set up all around the track before the rain started. No heats were ran so we will be rescheduling this race.

The updated race schedule will be posted ASAP.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmanrc View Post
Thanks to all that came out to run in Augusta for the first race. I was told that there were racers set up all around the track before the rain started. No heats were ran so we will be rescheduling this race.

The updated race schedule will be posted ASAP.
Great meeting you Bobby and Jonette, finally got some sleep (not counting while i was driving) after Coty made me help him clean his truck. I imagine i won't be up for much longer.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

We had a great time with yall in Mississippi over the weekend. Glad so see yall made it home safe.... Congrats to Coty on placing at the race and getting on the News had to be cool to.

http://nitrooffroad.rcprosites.com/

If yall are in Savanna for South East Rd 3 we will see yall there.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Here is the updated flier with the start times for each track:

Old 08-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guy's it takes a while to set up the info on rcsignups so yall can register for these events. Not only does this help us to have your info ahead of time to help us be able to start on time but by using rcsignups we are getting more publicity out to a larger audience by yall using there site which in turn gives this event and other events a better chance of good racer turn outs. So take a few minutes and sign up it really will help a lot.

Thanks guy's and gals

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=1098

Last edited by bigmanrc; 08-22-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

We are going to be basing the Trophies for each class off of the entries on rcsignups.com and so far its not looking like we will be giving out more than first place for any class. So for those of you that can sign up you need to. The tracks cannot afford to purchase or should they need to purchase 1st 2nd and 3rd place trophies for each class when there is hardly any signups showing.

From what I was told there was an easy 20 racers at the first round in Augusta that got rescheduled because of rain. So there are plenty of yall that are wanting to race so lets get signed up if yall are wanting to get trophies at each round.

Thanks
Bobby&Jonette

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service