Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TURTLE TRAX 6-27, 6-28

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

we look forward to seeing you out there Kik!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You and Gene do a great job at running the track and concessions, but you need to clean house with your IT department. The squeeky voice anouncer is okay, he just can't hand count anyone past 9 laps Not real sure what he's doing with that other finger. You should never have to worry about any computer problems with all the tech's onsite but it happens every week And now the photographer is laying down on the job, he teases with some good shots then slacks in the heat Oh yeah and that dang slushy guy that still hasnt shown up yet. Anyone have GT40's number? Just teasing with everyone, just bored at work it just started raining......
Old 06-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
You and Gene do a great job at running the track and concessions, but you need to clean house with your IT department. The squeeky voice anouncer is okay, he just can't hand count anyone past 9 laps Not real sure what he's doing with that other finger. You should never have to worry about any computer problems with all the tech's onsite but it happens every week And now the photographer is laying down on the job, he teases with some good shots then slacks in the heat Oh yeah and that dang slushy guy that still hasnt shown up yet. Anyone have GT40's number? Just teasing with everyone, just bored at work it just started raining......
the software that we are using has flaked on us. We have all the results. Keith has just been busy and it has affected the updates.
Adam's been working a great deal, but this week he's finally got some time off, I'm sure he'll post a few pics when he can.

I know you are teasing Randy, but I really am trying to keep everyone happy despite when things are just blowing up all over the place.

Oh, and I shot the slushy guy yesterday by mistake. My bad. I'll go look on craigslist for a new one
Old 06-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

My lies are better when there's no results posted to argue the facts. Pictures, well they just prove some of the stuff people say about Shaun There is one thing I wish you could fix, and it shouldnt be all that hard. Fix it so my GPS only thinks its 30 mins to get there. When that thing logs on and says 2 hours til destination the yukon cry's Oh and on the slushy guy I really thought after all the teasing last week he'd show up.

Any plans yet on the start time?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I talked to Adam on Saturday after the races and we have a plan to deal with the technical issues Now the hand count... that's a different story
Old 06-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does starting at 4 or 5 sound good to everyone? We've got no lights, so I'm just trying to make sure that we are going to be done before 8 or 9. Please post a yea or nay on the start time, or PM us.

And yea, remember we're brand new to being on this side of the racing, so give us a few weeks to get used to it.

Keith and Adam have some ideas working to deal with the techy stuff, it may be a Vista issue that is eating the files so we are going to try a non vista computer to see about it. The second week nothing saved, at all, not a single thing. This week I've the results, but they didn't save in an html file to auto upload, Keith wasn't there either. Next week should be better, we're learning.

Those without a transponder are going to have to rely on the hopes that we'll catch you going around the track. In the case of transponders that stop working for whatever reason, it may take us a second to realise that and start to hand count. We hadn't run into that before, so it took a second to figure out how to hand count someone that is in the computer as having a transponder.

This was longer than it should have been. I hope everyone that plans to attend this weekend will vote on what they'd like to see for a start time, 4? 5? post or pm please
Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

4 would probably work best for me, at least that way you dont have quite as many hours in the dead heat of the day, but I could get home before 11ish.

On the transponder issues, whats the odds of someone being so fast they sling the transponder out of thier car? Out of a slash at that
Old 06-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

4:00 should allow us to finish up before it gets too dark to race. People will need to realize that starting later will put more importance on being ready when your race is called to the track. No 10 minute grace period so you can finish eating your wiener or launch a Sea Pickle in the Porta John.

4:00 Round 1
5:00 Round 2
6:00 Round 3
Disco Break!!!
7:00 Mains

This would get us done by 8:00.

On a sidenote: My LapsFree is doing the same thing with the HTML files. I'm running Vista and it won't create any HTML files.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Do you have any idea how long my drive is.
It's a bit longer than Turtles.
If we don't finish until 8 O'Clock it may be as late a 9 O'Clock before I get home with packing up and all
Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was down working on the track today around 9 to 11 so the morning thing is out. It was hot as hell. So we will go the later route. Start between 4 and 5 should still be done before dark. We can not split the heats and run full heats during the qualifiers that will save a little time as well.

LOST AND FOUND DEPT IS ALSO OPEN!

I found a blue thumb screw and what appears to be a hinge pin brace I think. Also have a slightly broken losi esc fan blade

Next week late start get here and set up before 4 pm and we will try running later in the day. Track will still be open all day for practice we just won't officially start til 4 or 5.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Now we just need to bring that Ping Pong table down by the track so we can have something to do until 4:00 rolls around. Game - Set - Match!!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
LOST AND FOUND DEPT IS ALSO OPEN!

I found a blue thumb screw and what appears to be a hinge pin brace I think. Also have a slightly broken losi esc fan blade
LOL. Well 2 of the 3 lost items are mine. I need the blue thumb screw but you are more than welcome to keep the fan
Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Now we just need to bring that Ping Pong table down by the track so we can have something to do until 4:00 rolls around. Game - Set - Match!!
With all that spare time, since you'll be there like 6am. You could monkey up the driverstand and tie off a couple of poles and rig some tarp to it for some of us less heat friendly types.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
With all that spare time, since you'll be there like 6am. You could monkey up the driverstand and tie off a couple of poles and rig some tarp to it for some of us less heat friendly types.
How about a completely enclosed driver's stand with AC and tinted glass. Not good enough you say. Well add individual digital themostat controls for each driver position on the stand. Getting better Randy? Now add some custom adjustable plush seating. That's right, there will be NO standing on this driver's stand. So kick back, relax and enjoy life 6 minutes at a time. Don't forget your Squishee as you leave the stand. Oh yeah, there's a 300 flavor Squishee machine right on the driver's stand.

How does that sound?
Old 06-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
How about a completely enclosed driver's stand with AC and tinted glass. Not good enough you say. Well add individual digital themostat controls for each driver position on the stand. Getting better Randy? Now add some custom adjustable plush seating. That's right, there will be NO standing on this driver's stand. So kick back, relax and enjoy life 6 minutes at a time. Don't forget your Squishee as you leave the stand. Oh yeah, there's a 300 flavor Squishee machine right on the driver's stand.

How does that sound?
Where is this track I have the bulldozer here ready to plow mine under to go race there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.