Thanks GCS.....

Old 06-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default Thanks GCS.....

For completely taking a on the 1/5th guys on saturday. We all really appreciate it.

Also the guy who owns Savannah raceway, really you bitched because they stopped the races for 15 minutes? Seriously???
Old 06-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (98%+)

It was a waste of time, 6 or 7 cars, not to impressed with the cars or anyones driving... keith got out there and turn some laps all the others was just chaos. uneventfull..
Old 06-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Just some FYI. The buggy your little pro driver was running was a 4wd. All others were 2wd. I wasn't too impressed with his driving skills myself.

Anyways it doesn't matter how many cars were racing.We had just as much
right to race as the GCS did.Our racing was scheduled way before the GCS race so you were the ones intruding. Obviously alot of people were impressed . I know there were quite a few people watching us and then coming over asking about them. I agree there not for everyone but they are still RC's. And we like them.

Next time your down at the track come find me. I always have mine with me and I will be more than happy to let you try it out. I bet you'll change your view. They are funner than you think.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Look people the crowd was there because of the GCS and im sure it helped the owner out with the bills and also stired up some interest in 5th scale so there are no losers here i say 108 entries to say maybe 10 thats alot of money difference so be happy for the owners and the sport and quit bitchin. Its all the same big or small you have to go where the money is to keep the doors open.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I think it was pretty stupid NOT to let the 1/5 guys run whenever they wanted to. They couldn't run because of the noise?? That is so stupid. If there was any noise issue it was the LOUD generators running all fricking day, just so some out of shape old man can sit in their trailer (where they cant hear their generator) soaking up the AC and watching TV.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P.LOWERY
It was a waste of time, 6 or 7 cars, not to impressed with the cars or anyones driving... keith got out there and turn some laps all the others was just chaos. uneventfull..
It's funny you'd even base your comparison to a 4WD vehicle that weighs 1/4 of what a baja weighs. That would be like putting your buggy on an on-road course and comparing it to my DM-1.

Regardless of the headcount the guys racing were also paying and should have been given the same attention.

Alain
Old 06-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (98%+)

What i dont get is why you guys blame the GCS? Vince wanted and let the GCS come in, the GCS didnt just show up and take over. If you are mad and got your feeling hurt, be mad at Vince not the GCS. Talk to him about it dont get on here and bash the GCS. If i was a track owner i would let a series come in and cash in when i could. It was just one day out of the year. This will help you guys more than hurt in the long run.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

I had fun running Vince's car. As for you hairdog I will be more the glad to run a 2wd drive car and out run you again. As for it being waste of time it was on a race day with 108 1/8th scale entries. You guys wanted to boycock Vrp if he didn't let you race on that day when you should be glad he got a great event like the GCS. VRP has to pay the bills and GCS brought in a lot more money in one race then you guys will in a year.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P.LOWERY
What i dont get is why you guys blame the GCS? Vince wanted and let the GCS come in, the GCS didnt just show up and take over. If you are mad and got your feeling hurt, be mad at Vince not the GCS. Talk to him about it dont get on here and bash the GCS. If i was a track owner i would let a series come in and cash in when i could. It was just one day out of the year. This will help you guys more than hurt in the long run.
Thanks Patrick. The GCS had nothing to do with the 1/5 scale event. We wanted them there to help show the others that there is more to rc than 1/8 scale. I believe Vince may have underestimated the crowd, and he tried his best to accommodate everyone. If I and not mistaken, the 1/5 guys ran for free, am I right? I enjoyed watching the big cars out there and I know others did as well, so in all, your day may have been slow and boring at times, but I'm sure you guys peeked some interest by being there, now dont go and turn that off by jumping all over the host track and causing a stirr.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The biggest issue really is not with the GCS. I raced in that race too. The biggest gripe is that our racing was not run as stated. It went from a 2 moto race to one race and a 15 minute bash session. All because people were bitching that they were too loud.

It's water under the bridge and a new day. Hopefully everyone learned from this and have a better plan next time. I had a blast all day at both races other than the issue I stated . Boy was it a long day.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Keith Manton2
I had fun running Vince's car. As for you hairdog I will be more the glad to run a 2wd drive car and out run you again. As for it being waste of time it was on a race day with 108 1/8th scale entries. You guys wanted to boycock Vrp if he didn't let you race on that day when you should be glad he got a great event like the GCS. VRP has to pay the bills and GCS brought in a lot more money in one race then you guys will in a year.
I seem to remember that you were only a half lap up on me running that 4wd buggy after the "track" was wet down. I'd love to take you up on that challenge if its available to all.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Keith Manton2
get'em Keith
Old 06-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
I seem to remember that you were only a half lap up on me running that 4wd buggy after the "track" was wet down. I'd love to take you up on that challenge if its available to all.
Sounds like a call out to me?? Are ya scared
Old 06-17-2009, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

If I recall I lapped the field the first moto and the second moto the only reason anyone was close to me was due to the caution flags. So yeah next time I am there I will be more then glad to drive one of the 2wd cars.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ryno 67
Sounds like a call out to me?? Are ya scared

Go instigate else where

Sounds good Keith.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.