Wiki Posts
Search

RC at car shows.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RC at car shows.

The Saturday before last, I took my VTA car to the cruise in that was in Dalton. I drove it up and down the street among the real hot rods and the pedestrians, including toddlers. I stopped it and answered questions whenever someone would ask. I had a lot of fun and tried my best to promote RC racing. I also had fun just running the car around.

You have to be really careful because you could hit someone and hurt them. You could also hit a hot rod that someone has their fortune and time invested into, or someone might run over your RC. But with a little discretion you can make a lot of new friends in a short period of time.

Would anyone be interested in joining me the next time I do this?

The Cruise in schedule runs as follows:
First Friday (I think) Calhoun - Old downtown
Second Saturday Dalton - Hamilton Street, Downtown
Third Saturday Canton - ???
Fourth Saturday Cleveland TN - Old Downtown Square, Courthouse
Old 05-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

If i still had my on road id definitely be up to it.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

might be able to join you in cleveland
Old 05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

I will be meeting some friends for dinner in Cleveland tomorrow night. I will try to have my VTA car with me to take to the Cruise in after that. They start in the mid afternoon around 5:00, many get there before that. Many stay all evening. Hope to see you there. If not then there are many other opportunities.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

ill bring my toys tomorrow.. can you call me and give me directions?? i get off at 6
Old 05-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

pmed you my number..i work at village green.. that is where i will be coming from
Old 05-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Scuba I had fun running with you at the Cruise in. I think we were good ambassadors for the sport, and we showed differrent aspects of it.

The next Dalton Cruise in will be June 13. Cleveland June 27. Keep my cell number. Everyone else you missed out on some fun. I will have to bring some more charged packs next time.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

When I worked at the Peach Bowl (mid 90's), we did exhibition races at the World of Wheels car show for several years. People were packed three deep during the main. Can still hear the crowds.
Also the club in Chattanooga (also in the 90's) did several races at Eastgate. It also attracted a crowd.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Definitely worth it.. Cant wait fot he next one. Good representation of on-road and off road. The kids were loving the VW and we had a pretty decent crowd watching when we would stop and goof off.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Three
When I worked at the Peach Bowl (mid 90's), we did exhibition races at the World of Wheels car show for several years. People were packed three deep during the main. Can still hear the crowds.
Also the club in Chattanooga (also in the 90's) did several races at Eastgate. It also attracted a crowd.
I can remember helping out at Eastgate when Gary and Francis were active with the club. I might have been there once at the WOW.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I go to different schools in Dalton and i leave "RC Driver" mags on the shelves where the kids can find them and get ideas on how to ask thier parents. Many people just assume it's like the toys from Radio Shack, they have no idea there is a whole other level to these cars. I can't leave the Xtreme Rc mags due to the "Professor of the month".
Old 06-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Snoopy,

you wanna do nightfall sometime?
Old 06-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

anybody up for it next saturday?
Old 06-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Night fall is usually so crowded with the bikes and the people are so thick. Then theres the beer and the police. Not like theres anything illegal about a few guys bringing RC stuff to a public event, but I can easily see us getting told to leave. IDK. Might try it sometime.

This Saturday the cruise in is at Canton. Honestly I have never been to one there so I cant help much in that effect. Next week Cleveland, If anyone is interested this is the one to be at. We are trying to stay with electric stuff since we are puttering aroung really slow in the midst of pedestrian traffic and ultra expensive hot rods. VTA cars are instantly popular, but also Slashes (or similar Desert trucks) It would also be cool if anyone has a crawler or ten they could bring, or an RCGT style car.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Night fall is usually so crowded with the bikes and the people are so thick. Then theres the beer and the police. Not like theres anything illegal about a few guys bringing RC stuff to a public event, but I can easily see us getting told to leave. IDK. Might try it sometime.

This Saturday the cruise in is at Canton. Honestly I have never been to one there so I cant help much in that effect. Next week Cleveland, If anyone is interested this is the one to be at. We are trying to stay with electric stuff since we are puttering aroung really slow in the midst of pedestrian traffic and ultra expensive hot rods. VTA cars are instantly popular, but also Slashes (or similar Desert trucks) It would also be cool if anyone has a crawler or ten they could bring, or an RCGT style car.
couple weeks ago on the first night for it there was someone running a rc boat in the big fountain across from where the bands set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.