Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
NEW OFFROAD TRACK (electric only) >

NEW OFFROAD TRACK (electric only)

NEW OFFROAD TRACK (electric only)

Old 05-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
Have you run 1/8 much come one dude they wreck a track or at least make it un runable for 1/10. I don't want to run the class down I am just choosing not to offer them at my track. Everyone has thier favorite thing mine is 1/10 offroad. I have not run on a track catered to electric only since the old Dalton track indoor So after much deliberation we decided to build a 1/10 electric only track. Sorry if your offended in any way but you could always pick up a xxx or b4 and come run with us your would be more than welcome at that point. Look forward to racing with you at some point.

Gene
i wasnt trying to be a dick i was only asking.... and to answer your question, No, i have not done much rc racing....

Alex
Old 05-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sweet! I am more creative than I thought. Thanks, Gene.

Chad, I see no reason you can't run 19t with the 13.5. AFAIK, 13.5/19t are grouped together in the ROAR rules as well.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
No problem Gene, I cant wait to come play!
So you finally got an off-road car Keith? What did you get?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01
i wasnt trying to be a dick i was only asking.... and to answer your question, No, i have not done much rc racing....

Alex
The weight of 8th scales will dig into the track creating divots and ruts and all sorts of bad things for the smaller and much lighter 10th scale cars.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
Question answer time
1. 1/8 scale heres my opinion and it's not to make anyone mad. There are at least 4 tracks with in 2 hours from here that run 1/8. I am building this track for 1/10 only I don't care for the 1/8 nitro cars and the 1/8 electric ones will tear up the track just like a gas car. I want to grow the 1/10 electric classes around here and those guys do not care to run with 1/8 scalers. Not shunning the class just won't run them here.
2. Classes will be this for now Spec Slash, 13.5 buggy, 13.5 truck, 4wd no more than 8.5 as the classes grow we will open it up to pro mod if desired.
3. Transponders will not be furnished you will need your own personal. AMB or cloned but we will have the AMB system.
4. I know it hasn't been asked but i'm offering it up beforehand. Tires anything from bowties to smaller pin tire such as holeshots, square fuzzies, etc. should work fine. I played around on the straight today and was hooking awsome with bowties plenty of side bite and good on power steering.
Looking forward to running on the track, but I do have one question. Why would you limit 4wd to 8.5, I definately do not have the money to go out and buy a 8.5, if I did have the money I would spend it on a personal transponder. If your going to run mod 4wd (which thats what a 8.5 is) why would you limit it?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Fenstermacher
Looking forward to running on the track, but I do have one question. Why would you limit 4wd to 8.5, I definately do not have the money to go out and buy a 8.5, if I did have the money I would spend it on a personal transponder. If your going to run mod 4wd (which thats what a 8.5 is) why would you limit it?

I think the big thing first would be bring whatever you have. Once it becomes more set then maybe they'll figure out what limits to set. I think that has alot to do with PT's 2wd class growing. Not alot of rules just show up and run. I havn't heard anyone busting on anyone for what motor they had, not yet anyway.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Positive thoughts.... positive thoughts......lol Ya better get this track running soon, or the forums will strike.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
So you finally got an off-road car Keith? What did you get?
Yup! I will be picking up a Slash soon
Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Gene everything looks great so far. Cant wait to come race there. Question about motors...i will be running brushed so is 19t ok for the 2wd buggies and trucks. also im running a 10x2 in my xxx-4 for mod? Just want to make sure those are cool

Keith great job on the graphics
I have been running 19T in my buggy and it seems to keep up OK at PrimeTime. Ask "The Professor" he got to run it against a 13.5 buggy the last race day. Mine was also 6 cell and his was Lipo.
This track has a much longer straight so any short coming will show there. You will just have to out drive them in the infield
Old 05-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

I would think that a solid 19t should be faster than a 13.5.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
I would think that a solid 19t should be faster than a 13.5.
A built 19T is actually closer to a 10.5 with a 10.5 being just a tad faster. An average 19T should be close enough to run in the 13.5 class. Even if it is faster you have to remember that brushed motors will experience brush fade while a BL will remain constant the entire run.

13.5/19T sounds fine to me. Let's just get out there and race!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
13.5/19T sounds fine to me. Let's just get out there and race!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I got to pull the trigger on that buggy of Turtles tonight and let me tell ya This Is Going To Be Some Fun

Hurry Turtle and get that thing finished. You didn't look to good to me this afternoon maybe you should call in sick tomorrow or something.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Best of luck in your track building because I know it is very hard work. I love seeing tracks being built in Georgia. It seems that we are always behind the west coast and if we keep growing here in the east coast maybe we can give them some competion. If you have any questions about building your track feel free to call me at 423-280-6085 beaucse i have some building experience and have learned from my own mistakes.. I will offer this advice on your track, build to drain from the begining. Also, as for transponders, get yourself a few handout transponders because every race that I have had at my track there have been several people who use them.

Thanks Dion
Old 05-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
Positive thoughts.... positive thoughts......lol Ya better get this track running soon, or the forums will strike.
How right you are my arch rival!!! I really think that is the biggest problem with RC - too many classes with too many variables - on-road, off-road, Nitro, Electric, 2wd, 4wd, stock, mod, brush or brushless, 13.5, 17.5, 4 cell, 6 cell, NiMh, Lipo, 1/8 scale, 1/10 scale, F1, Touring Car, Mini, Truck, Buggy, Slash, etc., etc. It really gets overwhelming after a while. I am tired of chasing the class of the month. Glad to see Gene is sticking to 1/10 electric at least. I'm sure Team Turtle will have a first class facility. The only downside I see is that I know he and ShaunMac were very instrumental in the racing we had going on at PrimeTime and I fear this new track will be the final nail in the coffin for PrimeTime Hobbies. I know this is not Team Turtle's intent, I just don't think there are enough racers to support both tracks. I know I won't be able to run at both tracks on a given weekend so I will choose whichever one has the best turnout. I think I was the only one who was actually from the Calhoun area that ran at PT. There just doesn't seem to be any interest in the Calhoun area. I have my theories why but that is for another day. The good thing is that this hobby is just way too much fun to ever die. It is just so much fun that someone will always have a track. I do think it would help tremendously though to cut down on the options. All we really need is a class for people like me and Nukem and a class for the fast guys!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.