R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Georgia Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/)
-   -   oval and offroad racing at sugarbowl (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing/262466-oval-offroad-racing-sugarbowl.html)

spdwayrcr 03 12-26-2008 08:23 AM

oval and offroad racing at sugarbowl

ok guy s been talking to jan and we have discussed sta racing at sugar bowl off road slash and 1/8 and 1/10 scale oval racing 21.5 grand national car or spec nastruck any ideas or thoughts

MadRussian 12-26-2008 10:18 AM

I want to race on the offroad track, its awesome!!!
I would even contribute to a timing system if we could get the track going again.
Its a shame its only kinda going now, it has the potential to be an RC Six Flags

cptxaggie 12-26-2008 11:12 AM

I am interested in a Spec or limited Slash class there. I am only 40 minutes away!

RcRick 12-26-2008 02:20 PM

I would love to see it happen if someone was willing to put in the effort and time to do it right and would work with the loganville track.
Iwould be willing to help out with whatever I could.

offr0aden 12-27-2008 01:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not to kick up a bunch of old dirt, but I can recall a few conflicts of interest when it came to racing at the bowl. One was, in part of the lap counter not compatible with personal transponders, and the rechargeable / hand outs not counting laps, and or not holding a charge. This, caused several conflicts when the last series race was run between the Bowl, Loganville, and Rodslingers. And in the end, pulled the supporters to Loganville, and Rodslingers, where they could run personal transponders.

For the few, true bowl supporters, they know we use to use the onroad system and kept the races going. Also, many folks had a hand in keeping up with the bowl, like Paul E. John T. the Hodges brothers, Steve (Scoop Away Schmitty), Big Play Ray, and myself, to name a few. I know that, we had planned one weekend to dig up the power lines to fix the short in the power boxes up top by the one water spicket and the one over looking the oval track. I have the equipment to tap out the short or clean up the breakers, whatever the issue is. A few railroad ties and some gardening, along with some packing and sweeping. The track would be ready to go in no more then a couple weekends, with some good help. being cold right now, I know I have some extra weed killer and my rakes, tiller, and tools are just sitting.

This could be a really good thing - I'd love to see it happen!!!

Oh the good times we've had at the bowl!!! I'll have to post up my bowl pics and videos.....

monster95 12-27-2008 01:34 AM

I would love to help out in anyway.

I just bought myself a Slash, and was thinking about the offroad track at the Bowl. I actually wanted to head up there sunday, if that'd be alright Bob.

TRYMY4.0 12-27-2008 05:07 AM

I was there last weekend and he locked both gates.

I really dislike the offroad course there. Obviously the Sugar Bowl was built for On-road MEANING he favored on-road and spent more time on the on-road course.

-Ant.

RKeasler 12-27-2008 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by TRYMY4.0 (Post 5214136)
I was there last weekend and he locked both gates.

I really dislike the offroad course there. Obviously the Sugar Bowl was built for On-road MEANING he favored on-road and spent more time on the on-road course.

-Ant.

I've raced onroad at the Bowl a few times and even though the onroad track is topnotch it seemed like the offroad track was pretty nice as well maybe I'm wrong.

Rod

TRYMY4.0 12-27-2008 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by RKeasler (Post 5215142)
I've raced onroad at the Bowl a few times and even though the onroad track is topnotch it seemed like the offroad track was pretty nice as well maybe I'm wrong.

Rod

Maybe there is another one? Now, I've NEVER been to a track other than the Sugar Bowl. I have seen countless vids of other tracks that have huge turns, lots of room. The sugar bowls track is just very narrow and hard to navigate.

Now, maybe it is b/c I suck and can't for shiot, hence why I want to try a larger easier track to maneuver.

-Ant.

TRYMY4.0 12-27-2008 02:41 PM

Double post, my bad.

-Ant.

kikcaffine 12-27-2008 06:21 PM

^ its a very techincal small track. The area was originally layed out before there were alot of nitro trucks. It was mainly electric buggys and trucks. That time you and I ran up there, the track was grippy. It will just take a little bit of running and it will be perfect.

offr0aden 12-31-2008 04:03 AM

Here are a couple videos from the Sugar Bowl - Enjoy:

Video 1

Video 2

RcRick 12-31-2008 10:42 AM

The SugarBowl is a kinda technical,but the layout is one of the best flowing tracks iI have ever run on and one of the most fun tracks.
And the dirt is premium red clay,just add a little water its like magic.

TRYMY4.0 12-31-2008 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by offr0aden (Post 5229864)
Here are a couple videos from the Sugar Bowl - Enjoy:

Video 1

Video 2

Are these recent?

When I went the track was very muddy, i guess I would need more practice. I was trying to go to fast i assume. Sick vids!

-Ant.

cptxaggie 12-31-2008 01:28 PM

ok, when? This weekend? Saturday looks good, mostly sunny & 55!