Slash class at dalton rc

Old 12-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lil Dalton Rc
i have a secret tu what about motor stickers changin em up just kidding we need to stick to the rules
LOL! I thought about stick a 12T Traxxas can over my vxl Motor and trying to make it look legit, I figured I'd just cut one of the wires off and keep my lid on
Old 12-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

good idea but dont lets keep it fair to keep the cost down this is going to be a cost friendly class
Old 12-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I say box stock everything and no changing any of the electrics. Use the stock servo along with the stock ESC and motor. Bodies and batteries will be mostly open. LiPo and some NiMH options. Maybe 6-7 cell NiMH and 2s LiPo? Any body that is made for the slash would be fine. Stock wheels and tires as well.

To keep cost way down you should just use LiPo's. You only need 1 pack and a low voltage cut-off to be safe. Maybe even specify max mah of like 4000 or less.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rfury
I say box stock everything and no changing any of the electrics. Use the stock servo along with the stock ESC and motor. Bodies and batteries will be mostly open. LiPo and some NiMH options. Maybe 6-7 cell NiMH and 2s LiPo? Any body that is made for the slash would be fine. Stock wheels and tires as well.

To keep cost way down you should just use LiPo's. You only need 1 pack and a low voltage cut-off to be safe. Maybe even specify max mah of like 4000 or less.
A 10 year old, should be able to get a slash for Christmas, come with a generic battery and win... That's how I see it, li-po only isn't cheap by any means...

Most decent/safe lipo chargers are in the 90+ range, without a DC power source... That's a good 7 cell and a Dynamite Prophet in just a charger... How's that keeping cost down?

Old 12-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm not racing this class but if any servo where allowed that would be a huge advantage to someone with money to spend (Coty), A cheap lipo or regular niMh battery would be cost effective and still give good run time
Old 12-17-2008, 04:50 AM
Tech Initiate

how many racers were in the slash class this weekend at the toys for tots race
Old 12-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lil Dalton Rc
how many racers were in the slash class this weekend at the toys for tots race
5 All together...
Old 12-17-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Initiate

well i am getting 1 and so is my brother also we have some comming in the hobby shop
Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd almost consider driving up from Columbus for that.

My thought, and one i've seen elsewhere is box stock except:
- Any tx/rx
- Alum shock *CAPS* optional (seems to be the one thing that breaks, though mine haven't yet)
Old 12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

come on up we have a ga clay track that is well maintained i kno because my dad is co owner and i am there every day
Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I say run them as is as they come out of the box. A lot of good intentions on spec classes get ruined with changes. But, and you knew this was coming. With my experiences with Traxxas they do have poo poo servos and will have to be replaced at some point. The shops could get together and come up with a low cost replacement from any brand name company and say "That's it!" the only one you can get for this and it is just to make it dependable. I've been told the rest of the truck was very tough and did not need anything else. We are doing the same this year in F1 with a spec class. The rules are set and very very hard to change. If there is a change it usualy comes to next years series depending on what it is.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

i am in gust got one to day
Old 12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Initiate

i totally agree out of the box stock but battery limit on lipo say yes or no if you agree dont give a comment just a simple yes or no
Old 12-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVAC4&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVSS3&P=SM

I use the basically the same charger. I have the model that came before that one. Keep the LiPo's small then they stay fairly inexpensive. Still not as cheap as NiMH packs but most people buy more than one NiMH pack. You only need 1 LiPo.

As George said, we may need to specify a "spec" servo replacement if it becomes an issue. Need to keep it as close to the box stock truck as possible.

I have one of these on my Wish List. Maybe I will have one by the time the weather gets warm.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Please post the rules for this class as soon as possible, Christmas is just around the next turn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.