R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Georgia Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/)
-   -   Everybody say "GOODBYE" to quadruple jump at Battlefield (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing/245907-everybody-say-goodbye-quadruple-jump-battlefield.html)

bigde2001 10-05-2008 02:15 PM

Everybody say "GOODBYE" to quadruple jump at Battlefield

To all sissys, wimps, cry babys, and scardy cats!!!!:):):):) Just joking Josh and Randy im not only talking to the two of you.:lol::lol: After some input and consideration of other racers I have decided to remove the quad. Thru the next week I need input on what to put in that section. My plan is to have it done by next series race. All input will be considered and I will begin working on it on the 13th of this month.

Ryno 67 10-05-2008 02:54 PM

But thats what your track is famous for?? Everyone talks about the quad. I know, i know just because Dalton boys have it down now your gonna take it from us:nod::cry::cry: Just for that i'm not bringing 3 gallons of water just one for your fuel bottle. I don't know what you could put there that could ever be that controversal as the quad is?? Maybe a mtn size tabletop?? OH well goodbye mr Quad hello bunch of sissies.:lol::lol: Anyway your the man do what you want to. maybe a 50 foot double with about two foot of sand in the middle interesting??:confused: I know a 50 foot double with sand in the middle and a chair for Monkey handler in middle for taking pictures:nod:And another chair for Brandon and a catchers mitt for catching cars in mid flight?? Seen him do it before?? I just don't know maybe you can come up with something awesome for the quad is gonna be hard to beat. Anyway just cutting up with everyone so hope no one gets there pants in a wad. Be interesting to here what racers may want.

NuthinFancy91 10-05-2008 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by bigde2001 (Post 4906693)
To all sissys, wimps, cry babys, and scardy cats!!!!:):):):) Just joking Josh and Randy im not only talking to the two of you.:lol::lol: After some input and consideration of other racers I have decided to remove the quad. Thru the next week I need input on what to put in that section. My plan is to have it done by next series race. All input will be considered and I will begin working on it on the 13th of this month.

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:mad:

They don't have to hit the quad, that little trigger we all pull back, also goes forward. If there is not quad, build a pit and stick all the "sissys, wimps, crybabies and scaredy cats" inside of the pit!

:D:sneaky: Seriously though, who says they have to hit it as a quad? If the jump doesn't require the high speed burm, it stinks, that's the coolest feeling is going from WOT down the stretch, tap the brakes nail the throttle and hitting the Quad :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

My .02

toofast55 10-05-2008 06:54 PM

ok i can settle this for you i know you didnt like that strr making the associated look bad! SO leave the first two alone and make a table top out of the last two.so for SOME of us that can jump it still will be able to clear the whole dang thing. PROBLEM SOLVED

Flying Monkey 10-05-2008 07:15 PM

A loopty loop!:nod:

NuthinFancy91 10-05-2008 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey (Post 4907550)
A loopty loop!:nod:

A huge magnet!!!!!

bobbyblaze 10-05-2008 07:46 PM

i was finally off work today and went by the track around 4pm..... i saw the quad for the 1st time i was like dang thats a jump &hell of great idea, i crank my truggy up and it was a guy out there with his sons asking to do the quad i was like scared but i triple it & nailed the front end on the quad all because of that little fear in me but after that the quad seem like a triple jump all excited but i'm bumbed & missed out all the action on the quad, again Dion great idea on making the quad....it will be well missed:cry:

jspurgin 10-05-2008 09:03 PM

I say a badass step-up with a cool flowing rhythm section after it..:nod::nod::nod:

toycardriver 10-05-2008 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by bigde2001 (Post 4906693)

Do I need to post the video of me making the quad anytime I wanted it??? Dont have to remove it, just fix it.

bgbelden 10-05-2008 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by toofast55 (Post 4907461)
ok i can settle this for you i know you didnt like that strr making the associated look bad! SO leave the first two alone and make a table top out of the last two.so for SOME of us that can jump it still will be able to clear the whole dang thing. PROBLEM SOLVED

I like this

bgbelden 10-05-2008 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by jspurgin (Post 4907999)
I say a badass step-up with a cool flowing rhythm section after it..:nod::nod::nod:

And that

bgbelden 10-05-2008 10:48 PM

It's racing right? Well i feel that you should make it where it takes skill to go over whatever you put there, i learned that the QUAD was not in my best interest to try if i wanted a smooth landing and having a faster lap. Loganville has a jump that if you hit it fast it will send you 30' straight up and you'll come down straight on your nose so to win you need to hit it very slow even though it's a jump it does'nt mean you have to jump it. I say keep the QUAD and fill in between jump 2&3 to make that a tabletop for slower traffic.
Let's say that Coty, Paul, Ed, and Kieth are some of the fastest 1/8 scale at the track. Well Ed and Kieth have no problem clearing the QUAD but does that make them faster than Coty or Paul ? No. Coty is the faster driver at this track and he triple-single's it every time, nothing breaks and he ends up winning. It's racing henceforth it's supposed to be hard. I do think the middle needs a tabletop for electric's though.

bigde2001 10-06-2008 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by toycardriver (Post 4908217)
Do I need to post the video of me making the quad anytime I wanted it??? Dont have to remove it, just fix it.

What needs to be fixed on it? Be specific with your answer because I need the input. I want to make the proper adjustments to section of track.

monkey handler 10-06-2008 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ryno 67 (Post 4906761)
I know a 50 foot double with sand in the middle and a chair for Monkey handler in middle for taking pictures:nod:

Just put a piece of plexy glass up over me so I don't have to worry about being hit and I will sit there:p.

toycardriver 10-06-2008 06:58 AM

Combine the third and fourth piles of dirt ( I know it'll only make it a triple) but it needs a bigger sweet spot. If you combine the third and fourth piles and give it a lot more run out room you will be able to safely make it and softly land the B44s. Instead of them slapping the ground and sounding like a frying pan hitting the floor. As of right now we have a huge run at the takeoff of the quad, if you hit it full speed you case the landing. If you hit it full speed then chop throttle you flat land in between the third and fourth. I have no problem with the heigth or the distance, it just needs a little more margin of error on the landing, and water for traction.