R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Georgia Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/)
-   -   GO/RC Officer Nominations (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing/216810-go-rc-officer-nominations.html)

Boosted561 04-12-2008 04:43 PM

GO/RC Officer Nominations

***THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED***

These following paragraphs are taken directly from GO/RC's Bylaws. Let's get some nominations going. Please post the name of the individuals and position you would like to nominate them for. Nominations will close 1 week after this posting and then we go to vote. Please leave this thread for nominations only. Other GO/RC discussions should be placed in the other thread.

Please read the definitions of each position and nominate the one you think best suits that position. This is not a popularity contest. Nominate the person you think is best suited for the position. Do not nominate someone just because they're your buddy and you think they have cool socks.

***IF YOU NOMINATE SOMEONE, PLEASE LET THEM KNOW AND DISCUSS WHAT'S INVOLVED TO SEE IF THEY WANT THE POSITION*** THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT IF THOSE INDIVIDUALS DON'T POST ON THIS FORUM.

There will be four officers that are elected by the Membership annually. The positions are – President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The Elections should take place shortly (within 2 months) after the beginning of the new season preferably at the January meeting. These officers can appoint those committees that they see fit to help over see the day-to-day racing activities such as track committee, banquet committee, etc. …

President – Will be responsible for presiding over all club meetings and is also responsible for making decisions about members in good standing. President is head of the Executive Committee and represents the Club in legal matters.

Vice President – Is responsible for the day to day running of the races. The VP fills in for the President whenever the President is absent and is a member of the Executive Committee.

Secretary – Is responsible for publishing the newsletter, keeping up an active membership record and being a part of the executive committee. The Secretary fills in for the President and Vice President in the event that they are absent.

Treasurer – Is responsible for keeping up with the money for the Club. Depositing race fees and sponsor fees and paying the bills. A monthly report is submitted to the Secretary prior to the printing of the newsletter so that the financial condition of the Club can be reported to the members. The Treasurer fills in for the President, Vice President, and Secretary when they are absent.

Race Director – Is responsible for managing the race program, timing and scoring and announcing the event. Is not part of the executive committee.

The Officers are encouraged to meet monthly to discuss the Club, their plans for improvement and other Club business.

An Officer can be recalled by a 66% majority of the members in attendance. A two-week cooling off period is required between a motion of recall (with required second) and a vote by the members present. This action will take place at the track prior to qualifying.

Bob Malphurs 04-12-2008 05:19 PM

Thanks for getting this started!:nod:

Bob Malphurs 04-13-2008 06:46 AM

It would be nice to have a vote at the race on 4/20. Maybe we could do absentee votes by e-mail. [email protected] is the clubs e-mail address. If we can get them in by midnight 4/19 and print them we can do the count by the end of racing.

I would like very much to carry on as race director. It's "my thing" you might say! Also if considered for a position on the EXCOM would gladly accept.

jammincrtjames 04-13-2008 08:34 AM

I guess I will go first. The only problem I have is not knowing everybody, but I can nominate based on who I know now.

I nominate;

President - Danny Sawyer

Race Director - Bob Malphurs (as long as you can add an extra lap to my times)

Treasuror - Kumpol

mike henderson 04-13-2008 09:03 AM

way to go bob

colonrc 04-13-2008 11:26 AM

ChadRacing 04-13-2008 11:53 AM

Heres my nominations:

President: Danny Sawyer

Vice President: Kumpol

Secretary: Marcos

Treasure: Eddie Colon

Race Director: Bob Malphurs

My nominations were based on exp. I have been racing here in Georgia for the past 8 years, but been in the hobby for 14 years bashing. I known Bob since the Sugar Bowl opened its onroad track, and he has done a great job running the races and would liek to see him keep that part going. Been racin with Danny, Kumpol, Marcos, and Eddie since Toys for Boys was opened. These 4 have always been at the tracks helping when needed and always knows what is going on.

Boosted561 04-13-2008 02:18 PM

President: Mark Lutes

Vice President: Kumpol

My nominations are based on the people I've seen who have gotten the ball rolling or have kept the ball rolling in reference to the group. Not only are these guys available just on race day. But they have gone beyond race day and put some effort into getting this club off the ground. I think these people are important to the growth of the club and should stay involved on the EC in some capacity.

shadow102 04-13-2008 03:47 PM

president= bob malphurs

vp= mark lutes

treasurer/secretary (possible to make this one position?)= kumpol

race director= bob malphurs

genesisG4 04-13-2008 06:42 PM

guys...I am honored to have some nominations but as a result of some recent discussions...and after giving it a lot of thought I will have to respectfully decline any potential officer positions.

Boosted561 04-13-2008 06:44 PM

Shadow,
I wouldn't combine those slots. Both of them are a significant amount of work just for one person. As a matter of fact all these positions are alot of work. It's not just hanging out at the track being friendly. I hope those nominated know the work and commitment involved outside the track.:)

bighurt98 04-14-2008 04:37 AM

Nominations!

President: Danny Sawyer:nod:

V President: Marcos Moten

Secretary: Jeff Epperson

Treasurer: Kumpol

Bob Malphurs 04-14-2008 05:23 AM

These people being nominationed need to contacted to see if they want the position.

D-man 04-14-2008 07:47 AM

President- Danny Sawyer :nod:
Vice President - marcos Moten
Secretary- Jeff Epperson / co. Arun M.
Treasurer- Kumpol / co. Melvin
Race Director- Bob Malphurs / co. Me

Why the co. Becouse its going to be alot of work.
My nominations are base on RC.Exp. You have over 30 year of Exp. in my nomination.

colonrc 04-14-2008 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by D-man (Post 4353665)
President- Danny Sawyer :nod:
Vice President - marcos Moten
Secretary- Jeff Epperson / co. Arun M.
Treasurer- Kumpol / co. Melvin
Race Director- Bob Malphurs / co. Me

Why the co. Becouse its going to be alot of work.
My nominations are base on RC.Exp. You have over 30 year of Exp. in my nomination.

I vote for this line up :nod:so D if I can't make it next sunday you can vote for me.:nod: