Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Rd. 2 @ Cross Point Dalton >

Rd. 2 @ Cross Point Dalton

Rd. 2 @ Cross Point Dalton

Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

I had a good time. I brought my camera but never really had any time to take pictures. Seems I was either racing or marshalling all day. I liked the layout. Track had plenty of traction. It had good high speed & technical sections. The area getting onto the straight was a little tricky but by the end of the day most figured out how to deal with that uneven section of asphalt.

Don't forget about Melvin's new GA RECORD for most Muchmore tires gutted in a single raceday. The record stands at 3 right now.

Anyone that was running touring might want to take a moment and examine your pulleys for debris. I found a few rocks wedged in my pulley that really put a drag on the drivetrain.

When's the next race in Dalton?

Last edited by ShaunMac; 04-20-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think we are going to wait until later this year. But I may try to aquire use of a perfectly flat patch of asphalt in Heritage park. It is super smooth, brand new and no lines on it yet.

In which case we might do something as soon as I can get it lined up. The other thing is Im going to see if Dion will score it for us so we can use personal or house transponders.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
But I may try to aquire use of a perfectly flat patch of asphalt in Heritage park. It is super smooth, brand new and no lines on it yet.
I like the sound of that!! Do what you can Kent and keep us posted.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks George and Doc for the track set up as well as all the help. I just wish I could have borrowed a battery from George. Then I could of took his battery, pinion and body on to victory. Hopefully I'll be a little more ready next time. Body already on the way. Had a blast, thanks again.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I had a good time even though I only finished one race (which was a qualifier). The layout was fun, I do though disagree with Shaun about there being plenty of traction. None of the severly old tires I have hooked up enough for me to turn laps as fast as I could have with better tires. I'm sure if I would have some tires that are not so worn out I would agree with Shaun.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them in a race. In the main My car lost traction and I spun into a pipe. I sat there for about 9 to 10 secounds befor the turn marshall noticed me. Then on the next lap my servo tape came undone and my reciever came loose. My on and off switch is taped to my reciever. The switch touched the ground & turned my car off. Another problem I was fighting the hole main was my body, I was running my foam tire carpet body because my other one was trashed. Whenever I would turn right out off a turn the body behind the right front tire would get hung up on the wheel. I forgot rubber tires are bigger than foam.

Sorry my post is so long but I'm getting tired of the stupid mistakes and bad luck.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ryan what are you talking about? Do you mean more than once on the same day! YES! on all counts. You ran an awsome race, everybody saw that. I think several people were plauged with little weird things. Except Melvin.
If we had an award for very, very bad luck on a raceday he would have taken it before the first heat was over. We have all had those days but Melvin took a whole Summers worth with him but still put down some fast laps. The best part, not once did he go through it with anything less than a smile.
Chris, no problem about having to go in a hurry. Thank you for coming down as always. Oh, about today. I got caught. Just like I thought I would.
Shaun...slow down! Dangit! do I have to set the delay to -4 or something? Sorry about the rock. We cleand it the night before but the rain must have pulled a few in I did not see when I walked the track. Or, the other guys put it there for you.
I won 4-cell! Good grief. I had zip for traction all day for some reason. I mean zero point zero. So I just kept slippy sliding around all day while everyone else crashed themselves to death and I took the win. I'll take it. Did you guys see Doc? He was on a rail with Dex and Randy. Wow, the hometown advantage must be true.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not a drop of paragon all day. No sauce at all.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

In practice I only cleaned my tires and had plenty of traction. In the races I used Marinade and it helped improve corner entry more than anything. Paragon GE has never worked for me on asphalt. Now Paragon FXII works great on asphalt.

George - No worries about the rocks. It was about the size of a bacon bit. It didn't hurt anything on the car. I picked it out of the pulley, now everything is good to go.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Results:

F1
1. Gregg B
2. Dexter G
3. Randy P
4. George H
5. Dale S

F2
1. George H