Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New RC shop in Cedartown , GA

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New RC shop in Cedartown , GA

Hey guys im new to selling them but not new to the sport. Ive owned a powersports shop in Cedartown Georgiafor about a year now an recently decided to start carrying rc products including traxxas, hpi, associated and xtm. I dont have a huge stock right now but we are growing. I really need suggestions and opinions on a few things.

1. If I build a good dirt track how many of you guys would drive to Cedartown to race on a weekend? Oval? Road?
2. What products are you most fond of? (associated here)
3. Are any local clubs looking for sponsorships that you know of?
4. Is this the correct forum to ask such questions?

Thanks for your help in advance !
Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

ROAD COURSE!!! ASPHALT LARGE PLEASE
Old 03-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

1. Road - yes. Oval - Maybe. Dirt - Not likely

2. I drive a TC5 and parts support is little to none... so I'd say Associated. Also, there are a fair amount of Hot Bodies Cyclones in the area. But most of the onroad drivers have Xrays which are supported through Nexus Racing. However, there are a TON of offroad racers in GA so you;ll have to wait until they chime in.

3. I would say to get in contact with Kumpol about GO-RC (Georgia Onroad Racing Club)

4. Yes

Welcome to the forums. Though Cedartown is a bit far from me, I hope I can make it out there and check out your shop one day.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

about the same distance as sugarbowl for me so i would be down if there was a good outdoor onroad track since after sugarbowl is done there wont be one anywhere near here.

Besides the normal money makers (AE, traxxas, hpi ect.) stocking stuff for two or three of the highend brands such as xray, mugen, kyosho, and serpent wouldnt be a bad request.

And as stated get in touch with kumpol about GO R/C
Old 03-18-2008, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

hi you got pm
Old 03-18-2008, 04:46 AM

Build a dirt course of a scaled down motocross track all the on-road guys will of course say no to dirt tracks... so just build both... like the saying goes, if you build it they will come!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

we need a on-road track for sure like at sugar bowl
Old 03-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

were are you in cedertown
Old 03-18-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

OVAL CARS
Old 03-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I worked in RC for a little while. As K-Spec suggested you should stock parts based on what's popular in your area. You should also provide the kits for these parts. Since your mark up on the kits would be low, you'd make that back on the profit margin of the parts and support items.

As you're already thinking, you need to build a track. This will draw customers in and create a significant amount of revenue for you. If there's a racing location people will get interested and buy kits to race. They'll race and break stuff. Then they'll come in to buy your parts to fix it.

I vote for road.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

yeah theres only like 25 off road tracks in the southeast and well 2 on road tracks distance for me, my car only fits on 1 thats about to be a neighborhood, so i say make an on road track large enough to hold 8th scale nitro cars, if you can afford that is, and my sister lives in cedartown i think
Old 03-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Where abouts is cedartown? im a dirt runner (truggy) so i say dirt.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by joe_jenkins
yeah theres only like 25 off road tracks in the southeast and well 2 on road tracks distance for me, my car only fits on 1 thats about to be a neighborhood, so i say make an on road track large enough to hold 8th scale nitro cars, if you can afford that is, and my sister lives in cedartown i think
thats why i think an onroad especially in a 1/8th size would be beneficial...it would be the only track in the area so everybody would be pretty much forced to go there
Old 03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all of the replies! We are located at 425 South college St. in Cedartown which is a little south of Rome. What would you guys think about converting an old but usable parking lot into a track? I think this maybe easier and of course cheaper than building and asphaulting a new one? Thought? Im an offroad guy too so I dont know much about road courses but I love running nitro anything. Im sure having posted here though that help wouldnt be too far away if I have any questions. keep chiming in. this is great! Jeremy
Old 03-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

o ok your not too terribly far away form me. we might make a trip out there from time to time to run off-road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.