Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wonder if it would be possible to get some 1/8 oval guys together and run a demo race on a real oval, like North GA Speedway. You could hang the PT banner up and tell all of the spectators where the weekly races will be run.

I just bet you could draw fans of full scale oval to PrimeTime.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

misfitz28.....what do you run at Dixie?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I wonder if it would be possible to get some 1/8 oval guys together and run a demo race on a real oval, like North GA Speedway. You could hang the PT banner up and tell all of the spectators where the weekly races will be run.

I just bet you could draw fans of full scale oval to PrimeTime.

Good idea...there and Dixie....lots of guys would love to be racing the full size version...this is the next best thing to being there.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's how you do it! We are in Dirt oval country. The thing is that it's a Saturday thing which is when the full size guys race also. But the are tons of wannabe's in the stands that would see it as a way to race without the huge investment. I like regular dirt oval, (rooster tails are cool!) but they have a lot of maintenence. Smooth oval is faster and easy on the car. Go smooth. My pancars with wedge bodies and airdams waiteth.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

g4 were trying to decide if its going to be crate latemodels or limited lates. really dont have the money to be doing super lates right now.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by misfitz28
g4 were trying to decide if its going to be crate latemodels or limited lates. really dont have the money to be doing super lates right now.

For sure...it all cost a lot of money and the crate motor classes seem to make a lot of sense.
Do you remember Short Track Racing magazine that was published in the mid 90's....that was me.
I built a prototype asphalt super late model truck that was going to be a spec series with a sealed motor from Jasper Engines...back in 97 we could have sold a turn key truck for around 30K...the motors for late models were, and probably still do cost that much.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

yeah i actually subscribed to that mag and i think i still have a few issues laying around here somewhere. trying to trade my asphalt LM for a 2004 warrior dirt car. if not then i still have a 98 rayburn swingarm car that we could use.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

the right clay will coust it is a lot of up keep mantaning a good track
good luck
Old 01-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

i say stick with the track you are getting supporters for alrdy and that is onroad. I would fix that track even more. YOu tried to do the oval and offroad before and noone showed and the ones who did dont come anymore
Old 01-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I still think a dirt oval would do well even though onroad is the top dog at PT. What happens at a track though is more important than the track. Someone in the biz once told me that if you have a nice track and put on a great show that is where everyone wants to be. He was successful at it so I guess he knew something. His races were always entertaining and people drove there every week. Since the closest dirt oval now is in Bedford, TN, I think it may work. I guess it's just the region that keeps BDM from going well here. The late models do well and offroad trucks get a lot of entries along with the 1/8 crowd. That's fine, just get them there. Maybe I can get the old sprint car out for a few laps. Foam tires, gotta love'em!
Tommy, I still have those lights if you want to do this.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Pardon my ignorance about the oval, because I havent been back there to look at it, but couldnt you just drag the thing and get it smooth again. I mean did all of the dirt wash away? What happened to it?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Pardon my ignorance about the oval, because I havent been back there to look at it, but couldnt you just drag the thing and get it smooth again. I mean did all of the dirt wash away? What happened to it?

From what I understand, the dirt has too many rocks in it...I think that is the biggest problem. I am not sure of the "quality" of the clay.
A rockhound (landscaper machine) might be able to take the rock out? Otherwise, it needs some good Georgia red clay brought in..without the rocks.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Due to the lack of interest in dirt oval, I wouldn't waste time/money on it.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by waltuo
Due to the lack of interest in dirt oval, I wouldn't waste time/money on it.
I could not have said that better myself!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by genesisG4
From what I understand, the dirt has too many rocks in it...I think that is the biggest problem. I am not sure of the "quality" of the clay.
A rockhound (landscaper machine) might be able to take the rock out? Otherwise, it needs some good Georgia red clay brought in..without the rocks.
yup! thats pretty much the main problem. Also, there is a MASSIVE dip in the back straightaway. It's like the ground sunk in there somehow...

but anyways, I have to agree with Mike, no support = no investment...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.