Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
On-Road Racing in ATHENS? (Electric AND Nitro) >

On-Road Racing in ATHENS? (Electric AND Nitro)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On-Road Racing in ATHENS? (Electric AND Nitro)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default On-Road Racing in ATHENS? (Electric AND Nitro)

Anyone up for a couple of trips to Athens later this year ?

I work part-time at a hobby store in the shopping mall here, and we just received a memo that says they are supposed to begin re-paving the parking lot next week! The lot is WIDE OPEN and usually has plenty of space available - even on weekends...which would be great for both electric and nitro!
Even better, we have had permission to race on it before (we just haven't really done anything yet)...so getting the permission to run shouldn't be a problem.

I am not 100% on which areas they are repaving, but judging by the condition of the lot I am guessing it is the whole thing.

Athens is about 45min from the Gwinett county area and 1hr 15min from the Cobb county area.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thats close to a 2 hour trip for me... I think Shaun and I would be willing to make the drive, but it would be tough. and Mike is even further out than us, so I doubt that with his limited schedule he would be able to make to many races. But I know that Nexus is kinda far for some people and they still make it out... We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Man I wish this would have come up earlier in the year. Some new asphalt sounds like a lot of fun. I plan to begin running carpet in about a couple months to help prepare for the Snowbirds.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll run in athens.....it will be in my backyard soon
Old 08-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll try to make it, assuming my travel schedule lines up with the race dates.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

gah mike keep blowing us off for work.......just quit work so u can race.....
Old 08-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Man I wish this would have come up earlier in the year. Some new asphalt sounds like a lot of fun. I plan to begin running carpet in about a couple months to help prepare for the Snowbirds.
Well, as long as the weather is warm, we should be having outdoor races...that should give us time to sneak in a couple of races.

One side note...the "in between" period KILLS on-road racing...I have seen lots of racers quit or lose interest in racing because turnouts are super low when some think it is both too late in the season to be running on asphalt and too early in the season to be running carpet. I think most realize by now that I/we care a lot about helping racing in this area...I think it is very important that we do not suddenly stop racing outdoors because carpet season is just coming!

I just wanted to bring this up now because I would hate to see racing come to a halt around here when it is still 90+ degrees out .