Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok Mike hope you can make it when this race happens
Old 08-24-2007, 06:37 AM
bmr
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Chad,

I still have an F201 and my two of my pan car F1 creations. Unfortunately I can't get out to race like I used to. Now I have only one weekend out of every four free from work, but even that varies.

If all the planets and the moon align just right, I'll be there.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Chad,
I appreciate what you and George (& others) are trying to do to promote F1 in the Southeast. You came on the Easley forum and did a good job of talking it up but I tried to tell George that the interest wasn't there yet. The race was a flop. I don't even think it was counted as a "series" race.

I tried to go to the Calhoun race and it was changed at the last minute to the next weekend. It is obvious to me that NO ONE is in charge of this "series" and the races are held randomly and for some reason the location, date, and time are kept a secret among those in the select group!

Please try to keep me in mind when you are having or know of any F1 racing from Prime Time back this way (SC). I would like to play too but without a little advanced notice, I can't plan on racing. I really could care less about the "series", I would like a chance to race!!

Later,
Ned
I will admit the schedule has been messed up. But George and I talked about it and next year the complete schedule will be posted at the start of the year. It was supposed to have been posted at the start of this year but wasn't. As for the reason why the schedule changed was the like of participation. If racers are not coming to the races held in Chattanooga, Monteagle, etc. then it makes no sense to go to their track. The distance for us to come to Easley, The Bowl, etc. is the same as it would be for you all to come to Chattanooga or Monteagle. The tour is Not a secret society if you attend the races or read the form you will get a lot of info!!! Don't take this post the wrong way I don't race F-1 nor am I in charge of the tour. That's George. I run touring and host the the tour at my track when it comes to Monteagle. I also race and support Prime Time and Nexis as much as I can. I do post the results and points after the race to help George. The interest in F-1 doesn't look good right now when we have a race we get 3 to 4 times as many touring as F-1.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Hey Ned,

Trust me i got you in mind for this. I havent set a date on this race yet. I am waiting for the next schedule for Nexus. But also I am moving to Athens, Ga later this year so I will be closer to Easley. SO i plan on doing alot of racing there and at Nexus and aswell as other tracks. I am gonna post on Carolina site about his race as soon as i get more info on it so who ever has f1'a there can come and race and the tc guys can come to nexus also.
Great! Maybe you can coax 4 or 5 F1's for more than one race this fall. I would like to run some. Not really having much luck here in Easley in TC either, hopefully it's the hot weather. Joey and I are ready to try Nexus and Prime Time so your race is definately in the plans. In a dumber monent, I bought an Evolva so I want to go to th Bowl and see what a real race car is like...I'll probably bring a bunch of broken parts home!!! Also have the Spada and have started to break in the motor, I have run it on my street, which is rougher than Easley and it was fine. I think it will be really neat, I hope Kyosho will import it!

Later,
Ned
Old 08-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Default Reply to Budman

Budman,
Thankx for the reply. Having been racing RC cars since 1971 (Yeh, I'm older than dirt!), and multi-time club officer, series and special race director, and ROAR Regional Director, I am well aware of all aspects of the RC Car hobby. I surely can appreciate what it takes to organize and run races and series. Back in the day we had to use snail mail and the telephone to communicate, I feel it's much easier now.
That's why I'm so confused as to what causes the lack of good info on the F1 series. Last winter posts starting up on the Easley forum making the series seem like a big deal with lots of racers and a solid schedule. I've followed F1 since the early 1960's and was very interested in having a go at the races, expecting nothing but some fun. I requested information many times and got little. I still don't see why there can't be a site where the schedule is posted and updated as necessary and maps an such of where the tracks are located can't be made available. Rules should be available and points system and standings posted.
As far as the distance between tracks, I have a few comments. Some racers travel further than others so the races at the extremes of distance will naturally have fewer traveling racers. I was prepared to go to Monteagle (been there for concerts) but when no one but Chad and George came to Easley (I understand that a conflicting special BBQ? race was scheduled at the last minute and our race ceased to be part of the series), and when I went to Prime Time for their race, which was rescheduled at the last minute, (with no notice), and because of the general unfriendliness many of the F1 guys at the Bowl(certainly NOT Chad or George or Tommy if he counts!) I decided not to drive that far. Again uncertainty of having the correct weekend to drive for 4 or 5 hours being the biggest factor.
My point is that I want to race F1 when I can, I can't get interest stirred up here in SC either, so I really would like to be able to go to to other tracks to play. I hope thins go better next year and I'm hoping there can be some races yet this fall, we race outside all year at Easley!!

Thankx again for your reply,
Ned
Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Budman,
Thankx for the reply. Having been racing RC cars since 1971 (Yeh, I'm older than dirt!), and multi-time club officer, series and special race director, and ROAR Regional Director, I am well aware of all aspects of the RC Car hobby. I surely can appreciate what it takes to organize and run races and series. Back in the day we had to use snail mail and the telephone to communicate, I feel it's much easier now.
That's why I'm so confused as to what causes the lack of good info on the F1 series. Last winter posts starting up on the Easley forum making the series seem like a big deal with lots of racers and a solid schedule. I've followed F1 since the early 1960's and was very interested in having a go at the races, expecting nothing but some fun. I requested information many times and got little. I still don't see why there can't be a site where the schedule is posted and updated as necessary and maps an such of where the tracks are located can't be made available. Rules should be available and points system and standings posted.
As far as the distance between tracks, I have a few comments. Some racers travel further than others so the races at the extremes of distance will naturally have fewer traveling racers. I was prepared to go to Monteagle (been there for concerts) but when no one but Chad and George came to Easley (I understand that a conflicting special BBQ? race was scheduled at the last minute and our race ceased to be part of the series), and when I went to Prime Time for their race, which was rescheduled at the last minute, (with no notice), and because of the general unfriendliness many of the F1 guys at the Bowl(certainly NOT Chad or George or Tommy if he counts!) I decided not to drive that far. Again uncertainty of having the correct weekend to drive for 4 or 5 hours being the biggest factor.
My point is that I want to race F1 when I can, I can't get interest stirred up here in SC either, so I really would like to be able to go to to other tracks to play. I hope thins go better next year and I'm hoping there can be some races yet this fall, we race outside all year at Easley!!

Thankx again for your reply,
Ned
Wow, With your credentials you have it figured out!!!!! First, Like I said earlier I don't have anything to do with promoting the tour I gust post results for George and yes I agree it needs to be posted and your questions answered.

As for the BBQ the decision to to change the tour location and dates was made at the Bowl long before any date was set for our BBQ. I'm not sure why George did not tell you at that time or where you got your misinformation on this matter.

Unfriendly F1 Well I think if you ask anyone who has raced with me you will find that I am friendly with everyone (or at least I hope so). If you are referring to Heath I'm sure he don't give a damn what you think of him.

Our schedule is posted under Cooper Motorsports Schedule you are welcome anytime and we always have a few F1
Old 08-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can we please get back to the reason this thread was started for
Old 08-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Budman
Wow, With your credentials you have it figured out!!!!! First, Like I said earlier I don't have anything to do with promoting the tour I gust post results for George and yes I agree it needs to be posted and your questions answered.

As for the BBQ the decision to to change the tour location and dates was made at the Bowl long before any date was set for our BBQ. I'm not sure why George did not tell you at that time or where you got your misinformation on this matter.

Unfriendly F1 Well I think if you ask anyone who has raced with me you will find that I am friendly with everyone (or at least I hope so). If you are referring to Heath I'm sure he don't give a damn what you think of
Our schedule is posted under Cooper Motorsports Schedule you are welcome anytime and we always have a few F1
Budman,
Sorry to offend you, I only intended to let you know that I am not a rookie at this stuff. I may not "have it figured out" but I am only trying to add constructive comments. One of Chad's questions was "where are the racers?" I'd hoped to possibly shed some light on one possible explaination.
The BBQ Decision was made at the Bowl!?! Well a suggestion: if you want to grow a series you should think of including guys that are racing in the series in the decision process. If this is a dictatorship, you should at least inform those at the race. I got the misinformation on the race date from Prime Time's web site, the only place I could find any info at all. I learned that it was incorrect when I arrived at Prime Time on race day morning.

As far as unfriendly, I don't know who you are or who Heath is, and I guess if he doesn't give a damn what I think he is proving my point and makes it unlikely I would find him friendly. My experience was that I went into some hot shot trailer and tried to make conversion and felt pretty much unwelcome. I also went over and tried to make conversion with the guy with the really scale car, I think it was a Williams, and also felt unwelcome.

F1 really doesn't need me at all, it needs many racers and probably some new ones like me, oh that's what I think, forget about it!!! I'll try to stay out of ya'lls way, I'm obviously not worthy! Oh, by the way, you and I both know that the fact that I won at the Bowl was only beginner's luck and the fact that everybody else had problems.

Let's honor Chad's request and get the thread back on topic. I will not get involved in any more posts.

Ned
Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Budman,
Sorry to offend you, I only intended to let you know that I am not a rookie at this stuff. I may not "have it figured out" but I am only trying to add constructive comments. One of Chad's questions was "where are the racers?" I'd hoped to possibly shed some light on one possible explaination.
The BBQ Decision was made at the Bowl!?! Well a suggestion: if you want to grow a series you should think of including guys that are racing in the series in the decision process. If this is a dictatorship, you should at least inform those at the race. I got the misinformation on the race date from Prime Time's web site, the only place I could find any info at all. I learned that it was incorrect when I arrived at Prime Time on race day morning.

As far as unfriendly, I don't know who you are or who Heath is, and I guess if he doesn't give a damn what I think he is proving my point and makes it unlikely I would find him friendly. My experience was that I went into some hot shot trailer and tried to make conversion and felt pretty much unwelcome. I also went over and tried to make conversion with the guy with the really scale car, I think it was a Williams, and also felt unwelcome.

F1 really doesn't need me at all, it needs many racers and probably some new ones like me, oh that's what I think, forget about it!!! I'll try to stay out of ya'lls way, I'm obviously not worthy! Oh, by the way, you and I both know that the fact that I won at the Bowl was only beginner's luck and the fact that everybody else had problems.

Let's honor Chad's request and get the thread back on topic. I will not get involved in any more posts.

Ned
You didn't offend me, Again I do not run the tour that is George's job. And I'm sure your not a rookie. As for the constructive criticisms you can direct it to George it is his tour not mine. My track is doing just fine. I have happy racers and that is all that matters at the end of the race day.

The Hot shot trailer is mine, if you came in you meet me and Heath. I set in the front and Heath sets in the back.

The three F1s that show up at all the races were at the bowl when the decision was made. The misinformation you got was that the BBQ changed the date and it did not. The date was changed long before the BBQ came up.

You did a nice job winning the bowl, you stayed out of trouble and won. I would never say anything bad about that.

The hobby will go on with or without either one of us. I am 40 years old and been doing this since 1989. I try to get along with and help everyone I can . But I am to old to care what you or anyone thinks about me.

Chris Cooper

Last edited by Budman; 08-25-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Hello, I am Heath Mahar. Now let me first start by saying thanks to Chad for what he is trying to do, I think it's great. Next, without trying to sling alot of mud here I'm going to tell you exactly why all of this came about. Last year during the tour we went all over the place racing against the same 3 if we were luck 4 people, we didn't complain we just went. The top 3 driver from touring and F1 formed a group to aid in the decision making for this year. Now, we aoll gathered up and went to Carbondale, Ill. granted we got free rooms and lunch guess what, same people there that we race with at home. Unfortunately this race was not a big a success as planned but we thank Andy for his effort anyway. Here we come back home and same old story 3 of us running F1 and making an effort to travel all over the south to help the F1 scene, the tour is all over every forum you can find online and the race dates are much better this year than last where we might have a weeks notice where the next one would be! Anyway If you want to race F1 and you frequent any of the popular racing forums online you almost have to know about it, so guess what..... Still the same people!!! So at Atlanta we got with george since most of the top drivers from last year were there and we had an agreement that we would run the rest of the series between Monteagle and somewhere in Chattanooga when george found a place there. So from that point on we made other plans like our "BBQ". George said he was still going to go to easly but it would "not" be a points race. Well he comes back and post points for the race and his reason was he was trying to Ned some help "sponsorship" from rc indy cars and thats why he scored points and the other reason was to add names to the list of people who had run the series to make it look like it was bigger than it was. Of course we were told that easly was not a points race so yea we got pissed, we had a meeting and got it all worked out. Thats why the race at easly was dropped from the points. And, yes you beat me at Atlanta, I broke the car, but lets not forget I was TQ by over a lap on 2nd place and I didn't come on here trying to defend myself that I gotten beat when It was posted on Rc indy cars website that you had beat the F1 world champ and made it seem as you had dominated the field. Everyone has there day, that one was yours and not mine you stayed clean and won. As for me not being friendly, I came over and was talking to the guys you were with ( the guy who was running the new corally PHI) and was making conversation, when you came to the trailer and wanted to see the hyperdrive, you checked it out and then left I might have been stressed because I had a car with the bottom pod plate tore off of it and not another one to replace it. Sorry to have offended anyone but that is just straight factson how this whole little disaster went down. Hopefully this will bury this issue.

Heath