R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Georgia Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/)
-   -   Cross Point onroad next Saturday (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing/177414-cross-point-onroad-next-saturday.html)

mxrich 08-16-2007 06:01 PM

Cross Point onroad next Saturday

I went and checked out the area for the points race in Dalton. It's very easy to find. And if you like the asphalt on Monteagle you will find it's the same texture, smooth and fast. I am going to bring some extra pipes and curves to make a HUGE track for this race with lanes as wide as I can get away with. The Church is going to donate their trailer that folds down with a stage for a drivers stand and has it's own pa system built in. How cool is that! Indoor restrooms (AC) and probably concessions of one type or another. When you get off at the rocky face exit just go west. After you pass Cleveland highway (big intersection) just keep going straight until you pass a Dollar General store on the left. The sign for Cross Point is on the right about 1/2 mile. The electric sign will probably have something on it about the race. This place is so big Kent, his wife and I found at least 4 different spots to build a big track and we did not even cover the whole lot. One thing is for sure according to Kent. There will be a LOT of people there to watch this race (New racers?) so come on over and be ready next Saturday the 25th at 1 pm. See Ya There!

Rfury 08-16-2007 06:12 PM

Sounds like fun. I would love to show off for a bunch of perspective racers. Lets see if I can afford it. :)

TylerOwenby 08-16-2007 06:19 PM

we cant just keep getting new tracks cause then if everyone goes to different places no one gets big turnouts...

mxrich 08-16-2007 06:32 PM

This is not a permanent track. It is my portable wandering track that Chris is using right now. This will be the only race there this year. If it goes over well we will probably go back next year and set it up again. We go where people like us...we just want to be loved.:smile:

K_Spec_RC 08-16-2007 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by mxrich (Post 3588236)
we just want to be loved.:smile:

dont we all? ;) I'll see what I can do... Mike, you gunna try and make this one?

waltuo 08-16-2007 08:19 PM

This Mike? No, I doubt I'll make that race.

K_Spec_RC 08-16-2007 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by waltuo (Post 3588643)
This Mike? No, I doubt I'll make that race.

yup, that Mike... Just checking, if it looked like me and Shaun were going, I was going to ask if you wanted to car pull with us.

nickclark30171 08-24-2007 08:28 AM

how much to race? the normal $10

PRIME TIME 08-24-2007 05:07 PM

Dont forget guys club racing at primetime new entry time 12-1 sat for placks we need your local suport.:nod::nod:

TylerOwenby 08-24-2007 05:10 PM

good luck to everyone that is going hopefully some people will see the racing going on and decide to get one.

may the gods of rc racing bring u good turnouts......lol

ChadRacing 08-24-2007 05:10 PM

Well i will be at crossepoint hope to see everyone there racing

FATKAT 08-24-2007 06:52 PM

Anyone know what the turn out for this might be?

I'd hate to make the drive if no one is going to show!

ChadRacing 08-24-2007 07:03 PM

should be a good turnout since it is also a F1 allstar race

K_Spec_RC 08-24-2007 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChadRacing (Post 3612744)
should be a good turnout since it is also a F1 allstar race

I agree, its a shame I wont be there. BTW, Sorry about earlier Chad, phone dropped the call and my battery was low.:mad: GL to everyone tomorrow!

ChadRacing 08-25-2007 04:18 PM

This race was a blast. We had 5 F1's, 5 TC, and 2 Minis. The crowd was enjoying the racing. The racing itself was close and very good racing. Not sure on the final order on F1's but I was first and I think Brett was second. On TC Eddie was 1st then Cooper and Me and then NIck. We had free food also. Wish more could have came out. The track was big and fast. See you guys at the next race.