Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEXUS Racing - Saturday June 9th

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default NEXUS Racing - Saturday June 9th

Everyone ready for round 2 at NEXUS Racing? I'm looking forward to it. The last race was fun. I can't wait to see those TC5's out there tearing it up!

Saturday June 9th Schedule
- 10:00 Sign up & Practice
- 12:30 First Heat Starts

Track location: Nexus Racing parking lot - 2270 Northwest Pkwy, Marietta, GA 30067 (mapquest can give you better directions than I can, hehe; It's right on the way to Dave & Busters off of I-75.)
Size: 80' x 35'

Classes
Sportsman Touring
Stock Touring (Brushless/Brushed) - 13.5 BL and 27t brushed motors legal
Tamiya Mini - TCS rules (except for the tires)

$5 entry fee

Timing
We will have an AMB system ready to go and will do printouts for the races. If you don't have a personal transponder, don't worry...we will manually count you no problem.

AC Power
Yes, we will have AC power available.

Drivers' Stand
We're going to ask everyone to use either step-stools or chairs aligned by the track. I know that we have not done this around here before, but don't worry...it actually works very well and is very common at tracks around the country.

Available Trackside
Touring Tires (Take-Off, RP, MuchMore, Sorex pre-mounts)
Mini Tires, inserts, wheels (Tamiya Type A and RP30 Mini)
Pinion and Spur Gears
Bodies
Novak BL stuff
Orion Lipo
Transponders
Full Xray Parts support
Some items still available for HPI/HB
etc...if anyone needs anything special, just browse our inventory at http://nexusracing.net and let us know.

We're going to have all our race dates posted on the GA On-road Calendar so that there aren't any schedule conflicts:

I hope to see all you guys there!

Last edited by ShaunMac; 06-06-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i should be there racing this weekend Does anyone have knuckles for the mini coopers. I have one thats broke and would like to run it.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm soooo there. I don't need a transponder I'll be the one in last place, I should be easy to count
Old 06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

In preparation for the Saturday races, is it the norm to charge all batteries the day before the race or charge them right before racing? I have 4 batts total. Also I do not have a discharge tray so do you guys recommend using the 10amp setting for discharging using my ICE charger?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive
In preparation for the Saturday races, is it the norm to charge all batteries the day before the race or charge them right before racing? I have 4 batts total. Also I do not have a discharge tray so do you guys recommend using the 10amp setting for discharging using my ICE charger?
What batteries do you have?

For best performance - charge right before you run. There will be plenty of time inbetween heats to charge batteries.

Discharging - Usually 30 amps is the norm. 35 amps in some cases. 10 amps will be okay, but you will probably want to get a separate discharger that will discharge at a higher rate. Being a separate unit will keep your ICE free to be charging your next race pack. The higher rate will yield better performance from your batteries.

You're more than welcome to come by and use my EQ-Tray and discharger before you start charging. I'll be using my LiPO pack all day.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll be there! I cant wait to see how the TC5 does in a race. I just hope I can keep it off the "boards" Maybe the Mini will stay on its wheels this time too... Should be a fun race for sure. Cya guys there! oh, and Kumpol, what FD ratio did you say would be good? 39 / 124 will put me at 6.36. Will that be ok for stock? If so, I will need to buy one when I get there.

oh, Chad, I got you covered for the knuckles
Old 06-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
You're more than welcome to come by and use my EQ-Tray and discharger before you start charging. I'll be using my LiPO pack all day.
I am thinking going LiPO as well just for less hassle. Keep my Nimh for races they won't let me use the LiPO.

Did you have to mod the Cyclone to get the LiPO in it?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
I'll be there! I cant wait to see how the TC5 does in a race. I just hope I can keep it off the "boards" Maybe the Mini will stay on its wheels this time too... Should be a fun race for sure. Cya guys there! oh, and Kumpol, what FD ratio did you say would be good? 39 / 124 will put me at 6.36. Will that be ok for stock? If so, I will need to buy one when I get there.

Are you running Brushed or BL? If its cool enough less than 5:1 is the ticket on the BL systems. For brushed I have no idea.

I saw a couple of guys run down in the 4.4:1 area at a night race at PT. It was nuts.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OK cool thanks i can race my mini again. Also tell your bro I have his motor for him that day so he can run stock also
Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Shaun, please add "Sportsman Touring" to the list of classes in your post.

Should be another fun race! We're working on a computer cart and new printer to make things a little more efficient.

New stuff available at the race:
-Along with the TiR pinion gears on clearance, we now have a full inventory of PRS 64p pinions up to 50 tooth.
-Sorex 32R premounted tires. (RP30, CS27, and Muchmore back in stock as well)
-LRP Sphere 2007 TC-Spec ESC's should be available
-New Team Checkpoint chargers
Old 06-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
Are you running Brushed or BL? If its cool enough less than 5:1 is the ticket on the BL systems. For brushed I have no idea.

I saw a couple of guys run down in the 4.4:1 area at a night race at PT. It was nuts.
Cant afford brushless as of yet.. so I'll be rockin brushed for a while. at least until I can buy a GTB or XBR. I Assume Sportsman is the Novice class like it was last race? if so, I know I will be running
Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Cant afford brushless as of yet.. so I'll be rockin brushed for a while. at least until I can buy a GTB or XBR. I Assume Sportsman is the Novice class like it was last race? if so, I know I will be running
Well then give it all the gear she can handle. Just don't over heat it, but you already knew that.

I do run BL. I would be running about a 5:1 or a 5.1:1.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

currently, at 39/100 I have an FDR of 5.0 I know that will COOK the motor... and I have no idea why I bought that combo lol... not sure what the FDR is on it right now with 48p gearing.. 29/87 is what it is right now. seemed fine in test runs, but my ESC isn't performing right. I contacted Novak and they said to send it in, but it would cost me to do so... I asked if there was a way to upgrade to a GTB, but they said no... it was worth a try...
Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Hey Shaun, please add "Sportsman Touring" to the list of classes in your post.

Should be another fun race! We're working on a computer cart and new printer to make things a little more efficient.

New stuff available at the race:
-Along with the TiR pinion gears on clearance, we now have a full inventory of PRS 64p pinions up to 50 tooth.
-Sorex 32R premounted tires. (RP30, CS27, and Muchmore back in stock as well)
-LRP Sphere 2007 TC-Spec ESC's should be available
-New Team Checkpoint chargers
Are you still using CS27's? I've been noticing that they are breaking down rather quickly and forming grooves.

Hope to see everyone Saturday.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
I have 3 GP3300's @1.75V and one IB4200 that has cells @1.24v. I have one of those 20amp bulb dischargers but it has one busted bulb. I'll look you up at the track thanx for the offer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.