Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Possibly New Track In Cherokee County >

Possibly New Track In Cherokee County

Possibly New Track In Cherokee County

Old 05-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default Possibly New Track In Cherokee County

Hey Guys,

My step-father Tyrus Deal is really intending to buy some ground next to my new house to make a racing facility. This place Tyrus and i have looked out and is very flat it will probably be around 1 or 2 acres so it may end up being multiple tracks. We are still in the progress of looking at prices and things that we would need to have at our race facilities. I am asking every one to input what every one would need at a race track. track compound, pit area, counting systems, etc, etc. This will start off as a on-road track and later we will develop an off-road track. A hobby shop on site we come later or before track construction. So if y'all could please give me your input on this subject.

Thank You,
Tyler
Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This would be really cool if it goes through. I saw your post in the onroad section. It would be really cool ifyou could get support from a manufacture of some sort. Possably look to the more sucessful RC businesses in the southeast (EA, Nexus, so on..) to come in as the on site hobby shop or something. I'm sure both parties could benefit. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I am about 30 min. or so away, so its nothing for me to come out and help out. Good luck,, and keep us posted
Old 05-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

another thing i posted on the onroad section is it either can be 8 or 9 tracks or 3 or 4 outrageous tracks. you chose
Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

personally, I would like to see something like Cincinatti (http://www.virtualrc.com/misc/getimage.aspx?id=637701) or Fort Myers (http://www.virtualrc.com/misc/getimage.aspx?id=252401) Not nessisarally because of the Layout of the track, but more the facilitys in geeneral. Something that could hold BIG races. Something that could really make Georgia a hot spot for racing. You could be REALLY diferent and build an indoor ashpalt track that way we wouldnt have to worry about the rain like on sunday But of course, I realise that this takes both time and money. But if you could get a manufature's support, that could become a reality.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Addict

it will be indoor and it wont be like that because its really not going to be big enough for 1/8 scale gas and that is what those track are for. it will be like this

http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/images/done_l.jpg
Old 05-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That would be cool. My wife is in real estate so if you need some info on the sites you are looking at let me know. I live in Cherokee so it would be fun to have a track here.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

that picture you posted tyler...tat track looks like it has seen better days