Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Florida Touring Championship Series thread >

Florida Touring Championship Series thread

Like Tree49Likes

Florida Touring Championship Series thread

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:30 PM
  #1  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (87)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,291
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default Florida Touring Championship Series thread

Racers get ready for an new Fresh upcoming series race dates to be finalized
Mission statement
Promote & grow the hobby within participating tracks & work with all manufacturers to enhance the growth within the sport
Driver Progression support
Official Onsite Hobby Shop support Michaels Rc Hobbies
Simple classes & we will follow Roar rules All tracks must be Roar current members
6 or 4 races with 1 drop depending Track participation
Race fee $25 tracks will receive $20 Series collects $5
Spec Tire TBA $30
Top drivers per class will choose pro rated award options
1- Cash Payout Non Factory Driver
2- Event Series Driver Support Nationals or Similar large event
3- Equipment Support

Premier Classes
Touring Blinky 17.5, 21.5
Touring Mod
Promoters Class Host Track popular class F1 Hint Hint


All drivers that attend 4 or more races will receive Series Event T Shirt
Drivers that attend 50% or more can participate in Series polls at end of season

If any tracks are interested in hosting an event contact me as I will be reaching out to everyone in the upcoming weeks

Drivers Chime in with any ideas let's keep it positive

Last edited by GMartinez; 05-01-2017 at 06:07 PM.
GMartinez is offline  
Old 04-11-2017, 05:56 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,598
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Racers get ready for an new Fresh upcoming series race dates to be finalized
Mission statement
Promote & grow the hobby within participating tracks & work with all manufacturers to enhance the growth within the sport
Driver Progression support
Official Onsite Hobby Shop support Michaels Rc Hobbies
Simple classes & we will follow Roar rules All tracks must be Roar current members
6 or 4 races with 1 drop depending Track participation
Race fee $25 tracks will receive $20 Series collects $5
Spec Tire TBA $30
Top drivers per class will choose pro rated award options
1- Cash Payout Non Factory Driver
2- Event Series Driver Support Nationals or Similar large event
3- Equipment Support

Premier Classes
Touring Blinky 17.5, 21.5
Touring Mod
Promoters Class Host Track popular class

Pan car popular local classes Wgt,1/12,Supastok


All drivers that attend 4 or more races will receive Series Event T Shirt
Drivers that attend 50% or more can participate in Series polls at end of season

If any tracks are interested in hosting an event contact me as I will be reaching out to everyone in the upcoming weeks

Drivers Chime in with any ideas let's keep it positive

Great concept

Just my 2 cent, ditch the "3 cars make a class" all it does prolong the day and you never have enough turn marshals for the bigger classes
dawgmeat is offline  
Old 04-11-2017, 07:31 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,288
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

I might have to get a touring car. Sounds great George. Looking forward to hearing more about this.
GMartinez likes this.
fermanracer is offline  
Old 04-11-2017, 07:47 PM
  #4  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (87)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,291
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Also we are looking at the possible options of having the following sequences for the series
5 races 1Drop Asphalt Series during Feb March April May June
Marcos.J and dawgmeat like this.

Last edited by GMartinez; 05-01-2017 at 06:08 PM.
GMartinez is offline  
Old 04-12-2017, 08:41 AM
  #5  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (207)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,352
Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Also we are looking at the possible options of having the following sequences for the series
4 races Asphalt during March April May June
4 Races Carpet September October November January
would be nice to see the on road track in Ruskin getting into that series! looks like a nice track from the pictures that i have seen.
GMartinez, max_crox and ARCPETE like this.
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 04-12-2017, 07:50 PM
  #6  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 268
Default

Will your series have one day or two day events GM ?
427 COBRA is offline  
Old 04-12-2017, 08:31 PM
  #7  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (87)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,291
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 427 COBRA View Post
Will your series have one day or two day events GM ?
Joe it would be 1 day on Sunday
Saturday will be optional for the track to open for practice
GMartinez is offline  
Old 04-12-2017, 08:34 PM
  #8  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (87)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,291
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Progress Host Track update & will be reaching out to more tracks soon
We have confirmation from the following tracks

Village Raceway Royal Palm
Nuggett Ranch Raceway Arcadia
FullThrottleRcRaceway Kissimmee
Valkaria Raceway

Last edited by GMartinez; 05-01-2017 at 06:11 PM.
GMartinez is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 AM
  #9  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (207)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,352
Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Progress Host Track update & will be reaching out to more tracks soon
We have confirmation from the following tracks
Village Raceway Royal Palm
Nuggett Ranch Raceway Arcadia
FullThrottleRcRaceway Kissimmee
Awesome
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 04:43 AM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Jimmy Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,251
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Progress Host Track update & will be reaching out to more tracks soon
We have confirmation from the following tracks
Village Raceway Royal Palm
Nuggett Ranch Raceway Arcadia
FullThrottleRcRaceway Kissimmee
Hope to see valkaria on the schedule also.
Jimmy Morris is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 06:16 AM
  #11  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (207)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,352
Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy Morris View Post
Hope to see valkaria on the schedule also.
same here
chiefj48 likes this.
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 04-21-2017, 11:41 AM
  #12  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (207)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,352
Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)
Default

Maybe just an idea for any blinky class !

Attached Thumbnails Florida Touring Championship Series thread-img_0017.jpg  
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 04-23-2017, 08:57 AM
  #13  
pbr
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SW FL
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Would there be anything wrong about seeing if the carpet tracks running this series in some of the summer /rain months? I also 2nd a class has to enough entries to be able to turn Marshall .
pbr is offline  
Old 04-23-2017, 11:05 AM
  #14  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (207)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,352
Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Also we are looking at the possible options of having the following sequences for the series
4 races Asphalt during March April May June
4 Races Carpet September October November January
Originally Posted by pbr View Post
Would there be anything wrong about seeing if the carpet tracks running this series in some of the summer /rain months? I also 2nd a class has to enough entries to be able to turn Marshall .
George mention indoor races on the above quote
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 04-24-2017, 06:46 AM
  #15  
pbr
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SW FL
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Marcos , Oct. Nov and Jan are not summer / rain months.
Marcos.J likes this.
pbr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service