Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
What is wrong with touring car racing in florida? >

What is wrong with touring car racing in florida?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree95Likes

What is wrong with touring car racing in florida?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
Now to take this thread back to what it started as. If we all want to fix onroad racing it starts with attending races to boost attendance. Let's start with the next big event. Regionals... It's a race were the best of the state should be racing to see who is best. Plenty of classes offered including a lot of the "carpet" classes. big smooth track for those pan card to have some great racing. Hope to see y'all there.
I agree. We can't make racing Great Again by sitting at home and complaining about how bad attendance sucks. If we're going to make a difference there's no reason change can't start at Regionals. This race is for people all over. That means you Valkaria, you Daytona, you Orlando , you Ft Myers crew. Let's Unite and get back to how racing used to be. Leave your hurt feelings and rc politics at home and come race for the love of racing.
ASM, Marcos.J, dawgmeat and 4 others like this.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've talked to Izzy a little last week and it sounds like he has a good plan.
Glad you can empathize with how much goes into setting up a race and prepping a track, it ain't easy and it is a pure labor of love, but no one is complaining. But at the end of day they have to pay the bills and hopefully make a little profit.

After you guys finalize things, maybe make a faecook or youtube video to tell everyone what to expect.

Thanks Bill n Izzy!
SlowPoke Racing is gonna make RC Great again.

Originally Posted by BullFrog
guys it a business and they run their schedule.These guys running don't travel. He runs the same schedule every month.
And Jeff I've done what you said for more years than I can remember. Built 2 permanet tracks and many temp. tracks.Hauled the drivers stand that Superior bought from me. Hosted many State Races, a Regional and a National event.Most of the drivers that we have left have experienced this.
Both Izzy and myself are working on fixing things. Some of the racers have seen what we are going to do and some have not. If you have something constructive send it to Izzy or myself. Just a a note Izzy and I are meeting tommorow.You and everyone out there will like what we are planning.. The Series will be Great once again.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Village has a great club program going. There was something like 30 touring car entries a couple weeks ago for a club race. I'd love to see all those guys come out and race. I'm sure valkaria and 386 are the same. Everyone staying pissed off at each other will drive the hobby right into the ground and no one will get to race. So let's all just go race, have fun, high five each other and drink beers after. I got the first round.
ASM, DaveVera, Marcos.J and 4 others like this.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jimmy I will be running the village race. I will make announcement.a lot of my racers follow the series. We will continue to support the series. Some of the racers don't travel.

Last edited by greasy geek; 03-29-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just FYI to fix the problem. You must identify the problem. Just saying. If we don't we will be doomed to repeat the same mistakes.
GMartinez and hunts3lehigh like this.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First of all there is no" carpet classes".The series started with Stock and modified 1/12th. When 1/10th were made we included them (stock and modified) 1985. What races indoors also races outdoors .Touring did not come out until the late 1990's. We raced F1 several times in the state series.We also raced NasTrucks, Diggers, Legends, Offroad trucks to name a few.
By the way both Izzy and myself had a great discussion tonight. Also talked with others and got their ideas.It's funny as many of the ideas we have tried in the passed have been mentioned by many people. The series will be great again.Bye the way Izzy does not usually go to RCTech- I do.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BullFrog
First of all there is no" carpet classes".The series started with Stock and modified 1/12th. When 1/10th were made we included them (stock and modified) 1985. What races indoors also races outdoors .Touring did not come out until the late 1990's. We raced F1 several times in the state series.We also raced NasTrucks, Diggers, Legends, Offroad trucks to name a few.
By the way both Izzy and myself had a great discussion tonight. Also talked with others and got their ideas.It's funny as many of the ideas we have tried in the passed have been mentioned by many people. The series will be great again.Bye the way Izzy does not usually go to RCTech- I do.
Again Bill this thread is about the state of onroad racing in Florida not about fseara. When I said the carpet classes I was talking about the pan car classes that haven't been running on asphalt much in the last couple years. If you want to keep talking about the changes y'all are working on start a different thread
Old 03-30-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

ON road racing in the" series" was brought up in the orginal post. Both buisnesses that are carpet tracks should have been mentioned as they both raced that weekend. One raced non Touring car classes raced at state series and from what I here the other raced a class that is? I'm done.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

I think fseara has as much to do with on road racing in fl as anything. Theres no need for another thread. I'm glad to hear you and izzy are working behind the scenes to get the series going again. As far as who raced what on what day, it doesn't matter. Water under the bridge at this point. I'm hoping that going forward, the track owners can all communicate with each other and schedule their races on different days. It will only help the profits. If you work together instead of against each other, you'll all make more money. Have a club race on a saturday if someone else has one on sunday, or when the state series has a race, promote the other guys track and vice versa. I'm not trying to be all Mr rogers here but shit man I want to go to a state race and see a stock C or D main again.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Until we forgive each other we will never move forward. I'll do my part and say that I am sorry for any conflict caused this past year, especially to Pete Pepe for being caught in the middle of some things. Nothing personal to anyone, just my passion for r/c racing and the State Series! onward and upward!! Hope to be back and see everyone at the track soon!
Old 03-30-2017, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
Until we forgive each other we will never move forward. I'll do my part and say that I am sorry for any conflict caused this past year, especially to Pete Pepe for being caught in the middle of some things. Nothing personal to anyone, just my passion for r/c racing and the State Series! onward and upward!! Hope to be back and see everyone at the track soon!
Troy I like your approach so I forgive you for being mad at me for taking you out at the Superior race

Man I feel better I've be holding that in for a long time

Dave I like MF doughnuts Bowser
GMartinez and ARCPETE like this.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave Bowser
Troy I like your approach so I forgive you for being mad at me for taking you out at the Superior race

Man I feel better I've be holding that in for a long time

Dave I like MF doughnuts Bowser
lmao! Thanks Dave, and I'm sorry for that too.
ARCPETE likes this.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

So exactly what ideas can we incorporate to make touring car great again this is not a ? Regarding FSEARA
I had this conversation in the past & with Jimmy recently over the phone
1 Can we put together a Touring Car series
2 Overall incentive for class winners
3 How many races so no one gets burnt out
4 Spec Tires $25 a set
5 1 day race $25

Drivers we did this in the past it was call FER Florida Electric Racers
Sometimes a fresh start is what is needed
Florida Touring Series
6 Races 1 Drop
The main focus would be for Touring cars but also include other popular classes that are the average class for hosting tracks
Drivers get to vote on the incentive class winner
Ideas IMO I would like to see the series supported by a driver to represent the state by attending maybe nationals & be funded by series if it successfully grows maybe a couple of drivers or simple large events Reedy Race or Snowbirds just ideas
The winner of FER was Scotty Grey his $400 entry was fully paided by the series
Just food for thought
Before anyone starts ranting on who what tracks remember it's an idea the logistics is easier
Tracks that are interested share your input $25 race fee
Tracks receive $20
Tracks are responsible for tech,etc
Series receive $5 all proceeds are diverted to class winners to fund road trips or cash payout
Old 03-31-2017, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I like the idea of the series supporting a racer at a national level event. This would help with motivation to do well and a goal to shoot for in my opinion. Tires at 25$ a set I feel would be a good move. I would be more comfortable buy 4 sets at 100$ than 3 sets at 90$. Just my opinion.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

I agree. Also with race entries, 20 people at $40 is less money then 40 people at $25. It sucks for the people who show up to have to pay more to race because overall entries are down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.