Clermont area racing?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Clermont area racing?

Hello everyone, I'm looking into getting back into RC club level racing. I've been out of the hobby for a while and just recently moved back to central Florida, I see alot of old links and websites for some local tracks but nothing up to date.
Is wow raceway still around? I see full throttle in Kissimmee is still around but all I've seen is old dates for what seems to be higher competition level racing. And I was told there was a indoor carpet track somewhere.
I used to run nitro sedan but my car is probably way dated now, would love to get into 12 scale and short course off road also if anything is reasonably close. I have a younger nephew I like to get into the hobby also so the closer the better for him. If any one can post some up to date information on some local area club racing or some active links that would much appreciated.

Last edited by cobrajet; 01-20-2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Do you mean Clermont. There is rc revolution by the Orlando airport. Indoor carpet. And there is 386 raceway in Daytona. Indoor carpet.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Oh thank you, not sure why it auto spelled to that but yes Clermont. I was told that there was a few out door tracks in town and a 12 scale track just north of Clermont.
Is there any websites for local clubs, Facebook pages?
Old 01-22-2017, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

The best 12th scale racing is at 386 in Daytona. Check out 386 raceway. Com. Very nice indoor Carpet track. Very good competition.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you again. Very interested in trying out carpet, I just did pick up a new X12 to replace my old 4 cell s120 I used for asphalt, unfortunately I only have 13.5s and a few mod motors! but hopefully I can stop by one of those tracks in a few weeks.

I need to check out Kissimmee too, I'm hoping someone would give me some info on the track, is it competitive only? Kid friendly classes? Club racing? It would be nice to race were I grow up at and graduated high school from, I'm from the days of racing at the Osceola Square Mall before leaving to join the Air Force.

I'm guessing that Wow Race in Clermont way is long since closed? Any other Off road tracks? I live off St road 33 in Clermont so Groveland, Lake Land, Lees Burg, Orlando...In or out door off road. I did find East orange County r/c raceway but not alot of info on what classes are ran.

Its just crazy to think that such a heavily populated area with over 2million only has something like 2 hobby shops and not alot of options for RC racing. Just about every track link is expired or has no current updates. And almost absolutely nothing as fair as organized Clubs. I'm astonished, so little info here, the links posted here are out dated or bad, very discouraging for someone looking into getting into this hobby or even trying to get back in. Some one really needs to up date this forum, or has every one moved to facebook?
Old 01-22-2017, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

full throttle is kid friendly and competitive!!good people out there all the time and george and steve are good people !!check them out on Facebook
Old 01-31-2017, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Check out rc revolution in Orlando by the airport is a great indoor track. Ran 12th scale there this Sunday and had a blast. Talk to Georges Martinez. Great atmosphere and lots of fun
Old 01-31-2017, 07:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Tittle spelling is fixed , glad to see you back Jim! I'm getting into it back myself
Old 02-07-2017, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Rc. Revolution is redoing their indoor track. It's a very relaxed atmosphere. You should check it out.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes, very chill. #FermanApproved
Old 02-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

For contact info connect FB for quick replies
Fullthrottlercraceway
Revolution Rc