Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA Racers Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick update John. The Minnreg guys always do a great job. And thanks for gettiing the 3300 approved, looks like we were ahead of the ROAR curve on that one.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

So who is gonna go to the next state race... If anyone has questions about running in state race, please post them here. All skill levels are welcome in the series. We have a non-points beginnners class that is perfect for first timers.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

I plan on coming out for the next state series race.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

John, can we put up a rules change vote.

Foam Tires legal on carpet.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

I would rather not change that at this time. Remember that we are trying to keep the cost down. I think adding foams to our schedule would increase he cost for the less experienced drivers to much. I like the performance of the foams but we gotta look at the big picture.

john
Old 02-11-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Good Point, Maybe we can add a second promoters class for TC Foam at the carpet races.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

So Dino, you gonna come over for the FSeara Race at Speedline ? IMHO it is the best race of the year.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

I would be glad to come and visit.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:57 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

John, the Melbourne racers will be racing at the same location where we hald the Melbourne state race about 2 yrs ago. Very smooth, fast , clean surface. Actually I won stock TC at that race....hehehhehehe
Old 02-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

we need more solid tracks on our schedule so that we can mix it up some. Its already looking like this year will be better than last and next year looks promising already.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:59 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

John, any additional news or updates concerning the "traveling crew" you mentioned that would come and run all the races for the series? I do believe that's one of the best ideas I've heard in long time.

SM
Old 02-15-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Well Scott.
It was only just mentioned to me at the birds. The thought was that Scarecrow,Fox and Ledford would do it. They still had not reaaly sat down and determined what it would require for it to be worth their while.(cost to be paid them) I am all for it but yet I have to look out for the series first. If they could do it for a reasonable fee then it might be worth looking into. I think it is a great idea as they would be able to make it a show once again like it was in the late 80's. Currently we are evaluating the prospect of having Scarecrow do the april race in Coral Springs. He has mentioned what he wants as a fee but myself and Mr. Mitchell have not had serious talks as of yet regarding this issue. We did have a short discussion but more details needed to be examined before anything was set. Just asking would you be willing to pay a little more on the entry fee if you knew that the minnregg crew was putting on all of the races. Just Hypothetically speaking.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

John, I don't think anyone would hesitate to pay 5 dollars more ... thats 30 bucks. right... would that be enough ?

Not taking anything away from any other track, but those guys are the best. I am all for it.. For our race too. Consistancy is something that brings more racers, and having those guys do the race, is very consistant.

The Host club, would be responsible for finding an acceptable palce for the travelling crew to sleep, be it hotel, or club members houses ?.

Last edited by TimPotter; 02-16-2003 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Just an FYI, Eddie posted the photo's from the Awards banquet.

http://www.fseara.com/Frames/on-road-photos.htm

Also, I read that Speedline is gonna have Barry Baker at the March race. They will also have a paint contest... Way to go Joe, you put on a great EVENT each race you host.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Yeah that would be about 30 bucks. I think those guys do a great job however it looks kinda like this. First we gotta cover there travel expenses(gas meals room). Second we gotta make it worth their time to come and do it. All three of them have regular jobs and a regular club to run. Third is there enough money to pay them what it would take to cover the aforementioned expenses even if we raised the entry fee? Fourth would we lose racers because we upped the entry fee?(Griffins might be an example. they got like 5 entries for every race. thats like 150 just to start the weekend let alone a room and meals). I am all for exploring if it can be done and if so would the series racers be in favour of it by enough majority to warrant the changes in entry fee etc.... Keep kicking it around amongst the racers and promoters and lets see where this goes. Realize this upfront though... the only extra cash the series currently has is earmarked for the trophy fund. Perhaps one answer might be to limit the trophies to the top 3 in each class or something along those lines to help out if we wanted to go this way.

Send thought and comments.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.