Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PBRCRC Nitro Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Racers WANTED.ad for stores and maybe in bargain trader something cheap,,maybe bold

Mark,,,same as what ,,,microsoft??? what ,

Alucard ,,thanks man ill make sure Mark has that beer for ya,,ok..hahah what do you like Corona!!!ehh???

Well ask Marktur please how and when the sign up sheet will be ready to send payment i know he has it on the web now,,if you have seen it he did a great job and has spent many many hours doing it i could not have done that no way..iam a racer / track owner!!ha..now So look forward to you racing with us..make sure you bring a tent. Was a bit sunny there yesterday.
thats a good thing.

The costs for that promo race are listed on the site.

Thanks Don / bethesda rc speedway/pbrcrc
Old 07-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Racers WANTED.ad for stores and maybe in bargain trader something cheap,,maybe bold

Originally posted by indydrt
Mark,,,same as what ,,,microsoft??? what ,

Alucard ,,thanks man ill make sure Mark has that beer for ya,,ok..hahah what do you like Corona!!!ehh???
Actually, yes I do
Old 07-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Signup form

Originally posted by Marktur
I will have that fixed by the morning....it's a bug. (And I'm not ashamed to call it that -- how about you doing the same, Microsoft!???) he-he

Alucard, thanks for the support buddy. I got a cold beer for ya with your name on it when I finally meet you.

BTW - We're going to Ft. Meyers on Aug. 10 for the club race, to practice for the state series. You gonna make it?

Mark
I wont be able to make it to fort myers. To much stuff going on here. It would be nice though
Old 07-30-2003, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Track Support

I would like to say that I received calls from 2 of my customers that I refered to your track this past week. They showed up this past Sunday to race. Although they did not get to run (not sure why not) Their comments were that they loved the layout and will continue to show up to race and will help spread the word.

If this is not showing support for a new track from a local hobby shop, I don't know what is.

I will continue to show my support of your efforts and wil be more than happy to have flyers in my store for your events as well as continue to push my nitro customer base in your direction.

keep up the hard work...it doesn't happen overnight. I would know.

Regards,

Steve
God bless America and God save our local tracks!
Old 07-30-2003, 05:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default MDI

Steve, thanks for your support. I would like to say publicly that I sent your specific mail to the old email address (as that is how we've been communicating) and didn't realize it was now a dead mailbox.

I did not name your shop and you were certainly NOT the only one we asked for help, so please don't take it personally. We know you are sending people down, and appreciate the support.

I'd also like to mention to all the nitro guys, that we have been racing our little 12th scale rocket-cars on MDI's carpet track, which is really AWESOME!

It's got AC, bathrooms, food concession, rock-n-roll music playing, tremendous pit area, and LARGE driver's stand. Driving these smaller, and very fast cars really improves your driving overall. I'd like to invite any nitro-guys to come take a look on Wed. nights at MDI's killer track.

(Steve, please post directions!)

Also, MDI hooked me up with rock-bottom prices for my Associated 12L3, as usual, and Steve even assembled the 4 cell packs for me! I never liked batteries (except for using them in flashlights), but the 12th scale stuff is different, fun, and inexpensive. Heats are 8 minutes! During the summer, you can't beat it! No scorching sun, no mosquitoes...aaaaaaaah!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Support!

Thanks Steve nothin g i said was directed towards you or mdi
i know for a fact that you are spreading the word,,certainly do appreciate it all we must spread the love you know.

And yes it will take time,,mostly its alot of work and disapointing when after a hard nights work of setting up a 256ft track only 4 people show up nest day to race,oh well,

anyway i think i will get a 12th car going soon i know i keep saying that but now iam almost broke from this track and phsically worn out from it,

this weekends events have been cancelled for Aug 3rd
always call to make sure call number below thanks .

Don @ Bethesda Rc Speedway

561-441-5319
** always need help setting up and tearing down the track if you want to get paid to do it call me .
Attached Thumbnails PBRCRC Nitro Racing-p1010778.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default bad news,,,BETHESDA IS HISTORY SORRY

Sorry People i hate to say this with all the Sweat i have put into this,,and all nighters busting my butt but BeThesda Rc speedway is already history the club will not run there anymore,

The name Bethesda Rc speedway ..apparently was not permited to be used . Even after all the insurance info was listed like that i should have been notified of that but i was not. i knew this was a temporary location.
So under those circumtstances the whole club got booted i find this hardly to be the reason but none the less i was not getting the support i needed to build such a larege track in one day and tear it down the same day.
But i assure you everything in my capacity is being done to locate a even better and more permanent type track for the future of the hobby . and i will not give up.!!!!! i will not give up !!!!
Friday 12 noon i have already spoke to one person and i have 2 more calls to discuss this at other locations so hopefully somthing will pan out and only for a permanent track not temporary.
CALL ME 561 441 5319
Old 08-01-2003, 09:24 AM
Suspended

You mean the sweat that WE ALL have done...

This just isn't your loss, it's all of ours... the hours and sweat spent to build this and get it going..

We will not go gentle into that good night....
Old 08-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

that sucks! I feel for you man, i really do. i can only imagine how ticked off you are right now. I would say lets tear down my back yard and build a track, but i dont think my parents would go for it. Even if i do rent from em hehehehe
Old 08-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default thanks alucard

i dont giveup so so easy but a permanent situtation is really what palm beach county needs anyway so why fight trying to get this temporary situtation off the ground , i was going to have to move anyway so ,,i was hoping for something permanent at bethesda da,,ohwell,you live and you learn.thanks,,Don
Old 08-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Don, any news on the Nitro stuff ?
Old 08-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default nothing sorry

hi Spooky
Well sorry i have made a few calls and nothing,,the land is way expensive. can do it ,a lease maybe but cannot be track supported must have a store or something to help pay the lease. track would not survive otherwise,,,let alone with a store also hopefully would stay alive,unfortunatley this hobby is very very small, we are the little people,,youknow,,so ..right now iam putting alot of focus and time and energy on building my state series car 1/8 mrx3 gas , and getting ready for the series. etc.
So thats it.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Old 08-22-2003, 05:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Don, thanks for the info, I am sure somethign will come up. We do appreaciate all you guys are doing for Gas racing in Palm Beach.