Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
FSEARA 2016/17 Schedule & Classes >

FSEARA 2016/17 Schedule & Classes

FSEARA 2016/17 Schedule & Classes

Old 08-10-2016, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
The compound is different Solaris is going to a new supplier for rubber it will be 36 compound
Hope you get to test it at 386 prior to race 1 in about a month.... 36 shore for carpet and cooler temps sounds interesting
Old 08-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveVera View Post
Hope you get to test it at 386 prior to race 1 in about a month.... 36 shore for carpet and cooler temps sounds interesting

You're assuming the series cares about carpet racing. If they did they would spec a carpet tire.

Monti
Old 08-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Seems to be a lot of frustration around the series racing on both carpet and asphalt but not having properly prepared for both? Why not just pick a different compound for carpet vs asphalt? Idk, either way it's nice that a series exists at all....pretty rare these days for a traveling state touring car series.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monti View Post
You're assuming the series cares about carpet racing. If they did they would spec a carpet tire.

Monti
Unfair statement saying no one cares. It was brought up at the year-end meeting, but we do have a series tire sponsor and we need to be fair to them too. Maybe if some other manufacturer would step up and offer to sponsor/ promote it........
Old 08-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe I was a little too defensive in my post above, sorry but that's not my intent. Bad habit and I will try to be better. I do wear my emotions on my sleeve sometimes. The new State Directorship is setup that the track directors and track owners are the State Director Committee. If you have questions or suggestions please get with them as they are your voice. Get involved or your voice will not be heard. But as always, remember that each are volunteers and that we all do this because we love the hobby. Looking forward to be able to race when I can this year!
Old 08-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveVera View Post
Last 2 outings I ran Solaris 35H compound which is the same that we use for asphalt
It seems that any Tire will work on the new carpet
Monti Don't understand your statement on caring about carpet
If we did not care there would only be asphalt racing this is a series it has nothing to do with the Snowbirds or preparation of it there is about 5-10% of the series drivers that attend The Snowbirds
Preparing for the Snowbirds Is the responsibility of the driver not the series
Old 08-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
Unfair statement saying no one cares. It was brought up at the year-end meeting, but we do have a series tire sponsor and we need to be fair to them too. Maybe if some other manufacturer would step up and offer to sponsor/ promote it........
Yes you're are correct it was an unfair statement made by me. But not malice, I appreciate the series and what it is trying accomplish, I just don't agree with everything and that's ok. 👍 As for tire mgf I know of one and there could be tires for both asphalt and carpet you just need to ask and make a phone call.

Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Last 2 outings I ran Solaris 35H compound which is the same that we use for asphalt
It seems that any Tire will work on the new carpet
Monti Don't understand your statement on caring about carpet
If we did not care there would only be asphalt racing this is a series it has nothing to do with the Snowbirds or preparation of it there is about 5-10% of the series drivers that attend The Snowbirds
Preparing for the Snowbirds Is the responsibility of the driver not the series
Technically there is only two carpet races (one just moved to 386). It was explained to me in years past there was only one carpet race (minnreg) so why bother to have a separate tire. I get that and I can see the logic. But to now there are three carpet races why do we have to use the same tire? This has not been explained to me or a reason given other than "we felt this way".

The series provides a great chance for all the racers in Florida to gather and race. Driving time, hotel (now required for most to do both days), time, and personal schedule takes away from a racer who wants to support the birds and the series. Even if it was 2% of cross over why make it difficult or inconvenient for these racers. Why shouldn't a racer take advantage of a chance to race everyone in Florida as well as prepare for the birds. It's not like you can use the tires on asphalt and carpet after super glueing them for carpet?

If it's a series sponsor thing what does Solaris proved? Money, door prizes, or just tires at a discount?

Monti
Old 08-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When you have only about 30 actual racers per event and the amount of racers that attend the Minregg races and the birds it's about 30% that attended the last years birds.I guess the powers to be aren't that good in math- neither am I.
Someone made the statement earlier that this is a traveling TC series. Wrong this also has a pan car class- GT17.5. The series was started with 1/12th scale only until the 1/10 scale cars were invented by Bolink.
It does make sense to use two different compounds for the TC classes but I'm a pan car guy that races TC every once in awhile.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monti View Post
Yes you're are correct it was an unfair statement made by me. But not malice, I appreciate the series and what it is trying accomplish, I just don't agree with everything and that's ok. 👍 As for tire mgf I know of one and there could be tires for both asphalt and carpet you just need to ask and make a phone call.

Technically there is only two carpet races (one just moved to 386). It was explained to me in years past there was only one carpet race (minnreg) so why bother to have a separate tire. I get that and I can see the logic. But to now there are three carpet races why do we have to use the same tire? This has not been explained to me or a reason given other than "we felt this way".

The series provides a great chance for all the racers in Florida to gather and race. Driving time, hotel (now required for most to do both days), time, and personal schedule takes away from a racer who wants to support the birds and the series. Even if it was 2% of cross over why make it difficult or inconvenient for these racers. Why shouldn't a racer take advantage of a chance to race everyone in Florida as well as prepare for the birds. It's not like you can use the tires on asphalt and carpet after super glueing them for carpet?

If it's a series sponsor thing what does Solaris proved? Money, door prizes, or just tires at a discount?

Monti
Monti It's a work in progress for the track owners
Don't take it personal by feeling you need an explanation when in fact this season is a complete direction change
Past seasons minnregg carpet track would run a promoters class with the snowbirds selected tire
If the manufacter felt that the series was important they would have contacted us showing interest
With past directors not sure if that was the case
Old 08-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Regional Moderator

While it might be a little more competitive to have 2 different tires....ultimately, it's more work for someone.

We could have a different type for each track, but that's not realistic. One spec tire, all have the same advantage, or disadvantage.

Solaris has been a pretty good business partner to the series. He sells tires at a reduced rate, is willing to ship on a consignment basis, and donates raffle prizes. We looked at several different companies through the years, and EJ was easy to work with on a fairly informal basis. I'm not too sure what the deal is now, but that was my experience.

I'm not judging or saying change isn't good, but just my thoughts. See you at 386!
Old 08-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

All,

Why don't we just let something new happen, why can't something change that may be for the better? Maybe not? But if we do not change/try anything, as time has told, nothing will change on its own.

I think having all of track owners as the "Director" of the series and Dave Larry as the mediator, it has opened up good communication and has lead to some good things happening. Compromise is a must at this point, we can't just keep hemming and hauling over every little thing, it is not good for racing in Florida. Simply put, we need to grow the series that alot of people in the past have worked very hard to create. The local club racing got me into the Hobby many years ago, FSEARA is what kept me in the hobby and what ultimately got me back into the hobby 6 years ago. I am sure alot of you can say the same. For those that haven't come to an FSEARA race, try it. It is a great time with good people!

Although I can see the argument for a different tire at the Carpet tracks, it just doesn't seem feasible or attractive cost wise for the racer wanting to start and finish the series. I, personally do not have a preference either way.

As for the 2 day events, the majority of the racers over the last few years came for both the club race on Saturday and the Series Race on Sunday. We understand that a few cannot make it both days, but the majority have over the past years. It is impossible to please everyone, but the majority of the track owners agreed that this is worth trying.

Now, with all of the drama that has transpired over the past few months, it is not in the best interest of the hobby to continue to argue and have drama. It creates divide and is driving some away. It needs to stop or it will only get worse.

I look forward to seeing everyone at 386, I personally have never been but am finally looking forward to racing there. I hear great things about the facility. It is going to be a great year!

Kindest,

Robert
Old 08-17-2016, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88 View Post
All,

Why don't we just let something new happen, why can't something change that may be for the better? Maybe not? But if we do not change/try anything, as time has told, nothing will change on its own.

I think having all of track owners as the "Director" of the series and Dave Larry as the mediator, it has opened up good communication and has lead to some good things happening. Compromise is a must at this point, we can't just keep hemming and hauling over every little thing, it is not good for racing in Florida. Simply put, we need to grow the series that alot of people in the past have worked very hard to create. The local club racing got me into the Hobby many years ago, FSEARA is what kept me in the hobby and what ultimately got me back into the hobby 6 years ago. I am sure alot of you can say the same. For those that haven't come to an FSEARA race, try it. It is a great time with good people!

Although I can see the argument for a different tire at the Carpet tracks, it just doesn't seem feasible or attractive cost wise for the racer wanting to start and finish the series. I, personally do not have a preference either way.

As for the 2 day events, the majority of the racers over the last few years came for both the club race on Saturday and the Series Race on Sunday. We understand that a few cannot make it both days, but the majority have over the past years. It is impossible to please everyone, but the majority of the track owners agreed that this is worth trying.

Now, with all of the drama that has transpired over the past few months, it is not in the best interest of the hobby to continue to argue and have drama. It creates divide and is driving some away. It needs to stop or it will only get worse.

I look forward to seeing everyone at 386, I personally have never been but am finally looking forward to racing there. I hear great things about the facility. It is going to be a great year!

Kindest,

Robert
Well said Coop! I have not been able to consistently race each FSEARA round since I got back into the hobby in 2013 after being out of it for 12 years. I am committed to the series this year and feel like the 2 day, while challenging at times, gives it the Big Race feel that it used to be. Looking forward to some fun times ahead as I have been absolutely blessed by the great people involved! See you all at the track! The big 1AGOFST ARC is coming for ya...LOL.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default TIRES

All,

There was alot of discussion at the Nats regarding the tire that is to be used for the Carpet races in the FSEARA series. There was a vote by the track owners and it has been decided that the Jaco Blues will be used for all Touring Car classes at the Carpet Events only. We all thought it was a good idea to help the Florida guys be better prepared for Snowbirds by doing this.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ok....sounds good, so FSEARA will have the JACO Blue's to purchase for the Carpet State Race's ? ....
Old 09-13-2016, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes the series will have Jacos at the event

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.