Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion >

FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion

FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion

Old 04-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Apparently you guys have been talking about this for awhile now. Why did no one come to me and ask me about this? Chris came to me before the FullThrottle race and asked me is I had a problem with him being open and racing on-road. I told him have at it and do what you gotta do to keep the doors open. And NOW, I am hearing "how disrespectful" and "what a slap in the face" he's racing on-road during FSEARA. gimme a break. Have at it Coop, "Make FSEARA Great Again".
Old 04-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
Apparently you guys have been talking about this for awhile now. Why did no one come to me and ask me about this? Chris came to me before the FullThrottle race and asked me is I had a problem with him being open and racing on-road. I told him have at it and do what you gotta do to keep the doors open. And NOW, I am hearing "how disrespectful" and "what a slap in the face" he's racing on-road during FSEARA. gimme a break. Have at it Coop, "Make FSEARA Great Again".
Thats impossible with the train of thought demonstrated today. I'm out!
Old 04-22-2016, 02:45 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

You know, I just can't resist stating the obvious, so Robert and Pete, please listen to what I have to say; it does not matter if 386 runs road course on the same day as FSEARA. IT DOESN'T MATTER PERIOD. Hopefully, that's clear enough.

Here's why....if a racer wants to attend a state race, they will. Plain and simple. It is truly that simple. Trust me, there isn't a crowd of guys choosing 386 over a state race because it's open instead. The guys going to 386 WOULDN'T BE TRAVELING TO THE STATE RACE EVEN IF 386 WAS CLOSED.

Though I won't disagree that oval could be run.....it doesn't matter....and that's the point.

I pick and choose now. I may race or I may not. I spent my several years running every single state race and enjoyed my time in doing so. With that said, I will say exactly what I said this time last year and no one even responded to my post. Half the problem is this....hear me this time, there are tracks on the current schedule that do NOT have a local following and regularly scheduled races. That in itself is the problem. Not too long ago, every track on the schedule had a regularly scheduled race program except Minnreg and even then Minnreg was being run more often during the year.

How can you move local racers to a state following when half the tracks don't have a single local racer?

The Village and Valkaria have very good local programs and they encourage their racers to attend FSEARA events....and it works. It would be my suggestion that 386 gets on the schedule, and hopefully their following will become regulars on the FSEARA series. And also become dedicated followers so that.....HEAR ME....they wouldn't care if 386 were open, the would choose the series race.

If you believe that Chris' changing to oval or closing on the day of the FSEARA race and in-turn series attendance will grow, I've got a unicorn I'll sell you.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well said Scott.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

We are adults here, well mostly, and are having a discussion. We don't have to agree with each other, that's life. But its good that this is now out there and we can work to resolve. I hope Coop and Pete won't punch me in the face next time I see them, but I will not back down in supporting a friend and his business. Peace.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

But you might want to punch the draft picks of your Brownie's next week.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASM View Post
Here's why....if a racer wants to attend a state race, they will. Plain and simple. It is truly that simple. Trust me, there isn't a crowd of guys choosing 386 over a state race because it's open instead. The guys going to 386 WOULDN'T BE TRAVELING TO THE STATE RACE EVEN IF 386 WAS CLOSED.
Exactly ! If someone wants to goto a FSEARA State Race, they will show up ....... period. I live 10 minutes from 386 and have been to every race but Arcadia .... and guess what me not being there had absolutely nothing to do with 386 Raceways race schedule.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Here's my two cents;
If a track wants to be a part of the series and get a following of racers they need to support the series. Does that mean they have to shut down?
No!!!
If the racers of said track want support when they have a race, they need to support the other tracks, plain and simple!!
The biggest problem I see is some want others to fail and just promote their own track.
I've been doing this a long time and can tell you all, if everyone doesn't work together and promote each other, everyone loses!!!
The only problem I have, and correct me if I'm wrong, Chris is the person who gets the raffle prizes for each race, and yet I don't see him or any prizes at the races. Wasn't he also part of the tech team?? I think, and this is just my personal feelings, you need to support the series or no one will support you.
I'm not trying to upset anyone, and I could be mistaken, but we all have to work together and support each other to succeed.
Joe DePinto
Old 04-22-2016, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
We are adults here, well mostly, and are having a discussion. We don't have to agree with each other, that's life. But its good that this is now out there and we can work to resolve. I hope Coop and Pete won't punch me in the face next time I see them, but I will not back down in supporting a friend and his business. Peace.

Troy I love ya bro I would never want to punch you in the face
Or any one for that matter
I just wanted to vent the frustrations
Old 04-22-2016, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ARCPETE View Post
Troy I love ya bro I would never want to punch you in the face
Or any one for that matter
I just wanted to vent the frustrations
Your always frustrated. Lol. Now go get some tail.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default See below

.... Lol! And Scott, if you are selling unicorns, please respect the forum and post it under the Florida For Sale thread!
Attached Thumbnails FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion-dave-chappelle_rolling-out-joi-pearson-3.jpg  
Old 04-22-2016, 04:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is just getting silly. As a new racer at both State races and 386, perhaps it would be easier to ask than speculate.

As small as on road racing is in Florida, not all racing is the same. I could list the first hundred or so reasons I have been racing carpet rather than asphalt, but that isn't the point. The state series is suppose to be the best in the State, not necessarily ever racer in the state.

Who is racing other club races during State races? Club racers. They largely run club classes not supported by the state series. Why do you want racers who run 540, 25.5, 1/12th scale, F1, or the other classes not supported at state level to stay home rather than spend a couple of hundred dollars to be spectators in classes they don't run. These club classes are the new up and coming racers who you want to join in when they are ready, not forced to because the State series is the only game in town.

And BTW, this support the track thing is needlessly getting ugly. Just as a reminder, I had never heard of 386 until I met Chris and happen to have won a raffle at a State race. 386 has become my home track largely because of physical accommodations I need and proximity to my home. My choice, not a competition. And of those who voice the loudest for supporting other tracks, I have yet to see you at 386 even though I'm there 4 days a week

If you want to grow the series, grow the number of racers. As far as I know, that means every track should accommodate as many racers as they can every chance they get. I'm planning on being at several tracks this summer, hopefully they will all be full.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default On road

Im new here in daytona not new to rc , from atlanta area and i hate see the bickering here, sadly on road has died off in atl area been nice see lot of on road down here, what i have noticed is on road is going thru rebirth like off road has , off road use to have so many classes had 2-3 racers each class had to be condensed back almost to the old days 2wd stock or mod 4wd pretty much all mod then nitro either sportman or pro , on road may have to get back to some basics to regroup . Im going be racing here no matter what having get new on road stuff but for newby coming in with so many choices of classes hard for them to decide wich class to run , like off road tracks mostly all owners would get together (atl area) have meeting try schedule accordingly so no one is left out just lil bit of outsiders view reading this hope all works out and on road continues to build.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

So when is the first 2016 State race? So is there a class for the ultimate lame that hasnt raced since i owned the schumacher Mi1?
Old 04-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I Don't quite understand why all the bickering about Chris and 386. He provides a great track and great time. I prefer racing there because everyone gets along with one another. It's truly a track that defines what this hobby is about. Having a great time and spending time with friends. If it is not the case at your track then maybe you need to look at yourself and the attitude of the promoters.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.