Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion >

FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion

FSEARA 2016-17 new season proposals/discussion

Old 04-22-2016, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I sent you and the other guy a PM stating why several of us would not be attending your race . As well the guys I normally run against. Normally I've attended your race (41/2 hours one way). I also work on Saturdays (every third Saturday of the month). Alot of people work on Saturdays.
Why don't we see what the off road guys are doing to get our attendance up? Look at all the classes they race? The VTA class has died except at one track. I've still got new tires and bodies that I'll never use. WGT had died. GT17.5 is growing (at 386) as well as WGT-R (at 386). 1/12th is also a class we could bring back for the carpet races (have a mini series in our series)- What do we have to loose?
Old 04-22-2016, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
I think you are missing the point. Do you pay his rent? What about every other business that is open the same day as a State race? Are you banning Superior from being open? Beachline? Now, you have successfully pissed off every racer in Daytona and the odds of them ever supporting FSEARA is slim to none. Nice job. Chris opened a R/C track for the love of the sport, and now this is how he's being repaid.

Flame all you want! My intentions are not to piss anyone off, it is simply to ask a track that wants a state race to show courtesy to other state race tracks on their events and run oval. Is that too hard to understand? Is that inconceivable? Impossible? I'm not asking anyone to close, you missed the point.

By the way, we all do this for the love of the sport, not just Chris! It is only fair that everyone that hosts a state race to show some courtesy is all. Is that too hard to ask? He has another option.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by black juice View Post
Based off one of the most successful RC races held now as a series. the best of the best racers are determined on a mixed surface almost 50/50 carpet, an asphalt not based on only one surface, an gives the guys, an ladies room to grow an share knowledge to be better racers. We have one of the biggest races in Florida once a year an we have tracks where we now can take advantage of an get better so we as a hole can have better representation for Florida. All I'm saying if the leaders wanna push a strong showing to the rest of the country an some of the major sponsors we need to show were balanced races as well not only in one field. This help everyone not just a track. we need to bring everyone together an think more of making it fun an a attraction for the new an up coming an maybe we can attract other racers from other states to compete with us.. asphalt an carpet baby let's make it happen.. Blacksamai approve this message..
I agree 100%
Old 04-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Maybe not your intentions, but just want you to know that there are ramifications to your actions. You want the series to grow?, well then, work with 386, not single them out by threating to ban them from holding a race. 386 has a young growing new group of r/c racers. if you want any of them to ever come race the state series, banning the track because he does business to pay the rent is the wrong way to go about it.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe not your intentions, but just want you to know that there are ramifications to your actions. You want the series to grow?, well then, work with 386, not single them out by threating to ban them from holding a race. 386 has a young growing new group of r/c racers. if you want any of them to ever come race the state series, banning the track because he does business to pay the rent is the wrong way to go about it.
Again! and last Time! I dont think it is fair to all of the FSEARA tracks FSEARA classes are offered on the same days. Why can't Oval be run? What is so hard to understand about it.

Also, that went for all tracks, not just 386. We all have rent to pay, some more than others. I think it would behoove all of the tracks to abide by this as it is not that difficult comprehend. Although it does seem hard for some to understand and realize that.

At Village we have been getting 40-50 entries every week we race, we are trying to get a drivers stand, we have a reason to run more often as does Chris. We are not scheduling races on FSEARA dates, nor is Valkaria which pays rent, nor does Full Thorttle or any other track. It takes away from the series.

Actually, if all tracks were to work together more often, the attendance state wide would be higher. But why do that?
Old 04-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

I don't remember any one track being more important than another? The racers that attended the 386 race had nothing to do with going to your state race. Most were the same local guys in attendance every week. The others chose not to attend your race for various reasons. I explained two of them to you and the other guys.
If your bring 40-50 racers every week what seems to be the problem with your state race you just held. Where were they?
Old 04-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

I think you guys are missing the point it's doesn't say close your doors the day of FSEARA it says please out of respect for the SERIES and the track/tracks hosting an FSEARA event that sat/sun you will not be in direct compatation and possibly taking any participants that might otherwise travel to said event....

This is only a big deal if you make it one its an extremely easy problem to solve
If you want to be part of the series give it the respect it deserves.
If your lucky enough to have a track that can race every day of the week
With multiple styles of racing you can at least make arrangements once a month

As for classes I will have to get back after work
Old 04-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Coop and Pete, I see your point but I strongly disagree. You are talking about a person's business that he works at to put food on his table. Not his club nor his hobby, his business. Chris has been part of racing in Florida longer than the two of you and it's got nothing to do with FSEARA, he's trying to run a business. Pete, when Tow Truck Jamboree is in Florida, do you shut down out of respect? No, you do what you have to do to provide for your family. If you guys can't get that, then I do not know what else to say.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

I am going to just put this out in the open
And I know for a fact that I'm not speaking
For just my self as a track operator but a
A few of us consider it a slap in the face and
Extremely rude and disrespectful when holding
A large event or FSEARA race and we have a track
Patting themselves on the back for how many
Racers they had on that day. If that's your main intention
Then you are part of the problem and
The series needs solutions or a bylaw to stop this
From continuing in the years to come.... No matter
The track or shops or promoters or who ever this just
Should not be happening in no way does this help
Track relationships and the growth of FSEARA
Old 04-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Please keep in mind that this is a discussion thread to generate positive results to better the series. So please keep this in mind moving forward. We're all friends here.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Coop and Pete, I see your point but I strongly disagree. You are talking about a person's business that he works at to put food on his table. Not his club nor his hobby, his business. Chris has been part of racing in Florida longer than the two of you and it's got nothing to do with FSEARA, he's trying to run a business. Pete, when Tow Truck Jamboree is in Florida, do you shut down out of respect? No, you do what you have to do to provide for your family. If you guys can't get that, then I do not know what else to say.
Troy no one is saying SHUT DOWN its once a month run oval or minis or fly kites in doors but don't compete directly against the series and the host track ....
Old 04-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow. You guys should be worrying about getting your locals to support FSEARA rather than worrying about 386 being open during FSEARA races.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

You are correct let's move along I guess
I'm in for the 2 day events most of us go
For the club race day any way
Old 04-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not saying to shut down, you have blown this way out of proportion! I'm saying respect the series and the classes that are run in the series! it is obvious you have missed it every single time I have written. I don't believe you get my point. ANSWER MY QUESTION! WHY CANT OVAL BE RUN ON THOSE DAYS? WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT???

Trust me, I did my homework before I opened this can of worms. Alot of people think it is disrespectful to the other tracks.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Your making a mountain out of 4 racers that chose not to make the trip to your track. He has a business and Road course has been scheduled every sunday since he open - over a year ago..........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.