Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Large Scale Asphalt Oval Racing >

Large Scale Asphalt Oval Racing

Large Scale Asphalt Oval Racing

Old 04-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Large Scale Asphalt Oval Racing

Earlier this week I had the chance to practice my 1/4 scale QSAC sprint car at the Ambassador Racing School near Tampa for a couple of hours. It is a 500' banked oval, wide, smooth and fast. I spoke with owners about having races there, and they seemed interested in the idea. I told them I would post on r/c sites to gauge interest. Reply to this post if you have a 1/4 or 1/5 scale car and would be interested in racing, or might buy something to race. Currently, it looks like it would be Sundays, maybe once a month.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sounds like a nice track. Would they be interested in other size cars than 1/4-1/5th? I have a feeling there would be more ready to go racers with 1/10th-1/8th. Just a thought.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Other Scales

I don't know if the owners would be interested. If there is not enough interest in 1/4 scales, I likely won't pursue looking into having races there. There are many tracks to run 1/8 and smaller scales in Forida, but not a single permanent track to safely run a large scale car.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:02 AM
Tech Initiate

i have a sportsman and a mod and kenny has the same as i do and we are on the east coast but will make the trip if it takes off
Old 04-18-2016, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

That is a awesome 1/4 scale track and we used to race there about 20 years ago and had 15 to 20 car fields
There was a drivers deck there and is it still there and they are good people to work with ,it would be cool to run there again and maybe get some of them guy's to come out and run. There used to be a few 1/4 scales tracks in the state. I have 2 1/4 scales and 2 1/5
Scales so keep me posted on the run days and I'll spread the word
Old 04-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (93%+)

Id be intersted. Was juat talking about building a wcm 1/4 scale sprint!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (93%+)

Any news?
Old 05-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mfence View Post
I don't know if the owners would be interested. If there is not enough interest in 1/4 scales, I likely won't pursue looking into having races there. There are many tracks to run 1/8 and smaller scales in Forida, but not a single permanent track to safely run a large scale car.
Www.fullthrottlercraceway.com 260 x 100 we will be having an open practice day May 22 if your never been here lanes are wide enough for real cars
Old 05-04-2016, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Www.fullthrottlercraceway.com 260 x 100 we will be having an open practice day May 22 if your never been here lanes are wide enough for real cars
I've ran my 5th scale onroad at Fullthrottle and it works also one of the state's best track with great management
Old 05-04-2016, 05:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Response

So far, between this forum and two other hobby forums, the response is largely nothing. i need to talk with owners of Ambassador to see what the next move will be.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Tech Rookie

So far, between this forum and two other hobby forums, the response is largely nothing. i need to talk with owners of Ambassador to see what the next move will be.
First thing that needs to be done is to have a place to race them so once that is secured and the next thing we to do is promote them get them out there and show them at 10 scale oval tracks most oval guys never seen them ,years ago the hobby shops used to promote them and there some guys still running them in lakeland and cars out there we just need to build it up and word of mouth and it will get it going
Let me know how I can help
Old 05-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by showtimegx View Post
First thing that needs to be done is to have a place to race them so once that is secured and the next thing we to do is promote them get them out there and show them at 10 scale oval tracks most oval guys never seen them ,years ago the hobby shops used to promote them and there some guys still running them in lakeland and cars out there we just need to build it up and word of mouth and it will get it going
Let me know how I can help
+1
Mike
You should call Neil as he will be a huge asset to you!!
Joe
Old 05-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

mfence,

We have a 1/4th scale oval track in Rendon, Texas, just south of Fort Worth. You can see the track at www.dfwrc.com. They have a big race coming up the same weekend at the Texas Biggie, May 27th to May 29th. Check it out when you get a chance.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What's next

I guess I didn't express myself clearly enough. We have a track that needs racers. We need a club to run the shows and help promote R/C in the the region with Ambassador.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Just as an FYI, I intend to start racing in the Tampa area at New Dixie, Warzone, and Quaker Steak. I will bring my sprinter with me to show it to interested people. Probably put together a PowerPoint handout to highlight QSAC. I may go up to Tampa early on race days to stop at hobby shops.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service