Search

FOCAR RACE # 5 MTR SPEEDWAY

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Default FOCAR RACE # 5 MTR SPEEDWAY

SUNDAY AUGUST 7TH racing to start at 11:30 am track will be open at 7 am

warm up race this weekend the 24th...

directions and hotel info can be found here =====> http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/manateethunder.htm

this is the track operated by mike boylan..he does a great job with the track and i hope to have kenny holmes on the mic for this one.

please keep your fingers and toes crossed for the weather,lol.

thanks william sell
Old 07-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

catfish please send me the Focars schedule or at least what is left for this year. also I misplaced your shipping address please send that too.

John
Old 07-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

John, www.focars.net ........... Kat's e-mail address is on there, Kat can set you straight on the rest of the schedule.

Last edited by cneyedog; 07-20-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

john the schedule is:

sunday august 7th MTR speedway
saturday sept 24th strickland rc park
saturday october 15th speedline hobbies
saturday november 5th superior hobbies

william sell
3003 pine tree drive
edgewater fl 32141

now you can come back and not worry about deleting the info....thank bill
Old 08-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default FOCAR RACE @ MTR THIS WEEKEND

Hey Guys ! ...... Focar Race @ MTR this weekend..... Saturday will be a practice day (Mike can let us all know when), Sunday racing starts @ 10:30 am sharp.

All the usual classes and rules www.focars.net for the specifics.

Katfish's computer dumped on him over the weekend, So until he's up and running hopefully by wed.

If you need to get a hold of him, email me [email protected] and I'll give you his cell number, if its not super urgent ...... like I said he should be up and running by wed hopefully.

cya,

Rich
Old 08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

WOW! where do i start?

first i want to thank everyone who came out to race with us in the series. i know i saw alot of new faces and some old timers as well! now that i get to run tech i also get to watch alot of the racing action and i get to meet all of the racers. i saw some realy fast cars in practice that had problems in the qualifiers. DOM and GENE come to mind. I also got to watch a couple of our future stars run on the tricky track called MTR raceway. both austin and tadpole were able to get there cars around the track like the big boys. great job tadpole and austin!

we had a total of 50 entries on a very hot august day! we also had alot of local support and i think that is great! jacksonville to naples was represented at the track to tough to tame. thank you all for your support and i only wish the weather would have held out for all the mains to run! the track was in perfect racing condition and the lap times were there to back it up! i know i saw some low 3.8 second laps with a few drivers flirting with a 3.7 now that is flying!

stock racing saw jesse mcallister taking down the win followed by david moore and naples very own jeff maturo. in pro stock it was mr. pedano turning 57 laps in stock followed by the circus boy chris lawson and paint by focker dave puliafico. the 12th scale class had a good turn out and was hard fought,roger whobrey pulled off the win in the 3rd round followed by mr. excitement jim cukla and scotty zirk. a class that will be offered in 2006 is sportsman 19 turn. taking the win is bad dog team member mark cosgrove with 56 laps followed by greg walsh and roger whobrey,nice job fellas. now the big boys... 19 turn pro mod taking TQ and the win by a super narrow margin was MTR's own mike boylan followed by mr. july billy bruce and doug the pool guy miller taking third! if you go to http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/MTRfocar.htm you can check out all the results and see where your favorite driver finished.

i want to thank mike boylan for a great track and a great time!!!! also kenny holmes for running the show and helping the racers get through traffic! we had food on site and shade trees for pitting under! thanks to all the racers who came out and supported the raffle and the series! i hope to see you all at strickland saturday september 24th at 2 pm for race # 4 ofr the 2005 focar series! great job everyone! william sell

hard charger went to austin for his stron run in the second round and the DARK CLOUD award went to GENE CONNEL FOR HIS TOUGH TIMES IN PRO 19 TURN.

thanks to all the sponsors who help pay the bills with there raffle donation i know everyone wanted a dark side motor sports shock mount and that pro match 1.186 3300 pack...and i know gene will be using his power push pack at the next race! see you all soon