Sarrasota area.

Old 07-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Sarrasota area.

Hi folks,
I'll be visiting the Sarrasota area around Christmas and probably atleast once a year after that.

I'm just wondering where are the nearest/best race tracks and hobby shops. I race electric touring and prefer tarmac, would be nice to get a few races in when I'm over there. From what I've seen there are lots of tracks in Florida of a high standard (compared to Scotland the the north of England) but working out where they all are can be tricky when you don't know the places.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Herminator
Hi folks,
I'll be visiting the Sarrasota area around Christmas and probably atleast once a year after that.

I'm just wondering where are the nearest/best race tracks and hobby shops. I race electric touring and prefer tarmac, would be nice to get a few races in when I'm over there. From what I've seen there are lots of tracks in Florida of a high standard (compared to Scotland the the north of England) but working out where they all are can be tricky when you don't know the places.

Thanks in advance.
Speedline Hobbies is probably the closest track to sarasota.
You can find out the information at http://speedlinehobbies.com
Old 07-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tracks

Croy is right, Speedline is the closest to our area. Morning drive is approximately 45 minutes, but worth every minute once you arrive! It's an awesome track and professionally run by racers! Next are TQ hobbies and Superior hobbies,both in Orlando area, closer to 2 hours away, but again, worth the drive.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks, 45 minutes drive isn't too bad. I'll definetly have to pay a visit there when I can