Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree63Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Great times yesterday!
+1 nice battle between you ,Boosted and Cooper!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

had a great time Sunday. Great racing, good turn out , nice to see some new people
Old 04-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

So I was late getting to the club race this sunday but I was able to track test my 1/8th Kyosho GT1 brushless conversion for the 1st time on track !! here is a youtube vid !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE4Ttx-U9-k
Old 04-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
So I was late getting to the club race this sunday but I was able to track test my 1/8th Kyosho GT1 brushless conversion for the 1st time on track !! here is a youtube vid !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE4Ttx-U9-k
Nice.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Unfortunately within the past week the track has been vandalized beyond the normal broken pipes and wood. The track will be closed until repairs can be made. Currently we do not have a date for when we expect these repairs to be completed. The drivers stand was destroyed and the Park will be removing the drivers stand soon. We are currently looking into our options for building/purchasing a new drivers stand. This is an unfortunate set-back, but the good news is we have the support of the Park to rebuild the track better than before. The first step will be to tear down the top half of the track's outer walls.

We will get started with the rebuild on Sunday May 4th (Around 9AM). We can use all the help possible. Even if you can only help for an hour, any help will be appreciated. Please come help rebuild Village Raceway on Sunday May 4th. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbme
Unfortunately within the past week the track has been vandalized beyond the normal broken pipes and wood. The track will be closed until repairs can be made. Currently we do not have a date for when we expect these repairs to be completed. The drivers stand was destroyed and the Park will be removing the drivers stand soon. We are currently looking into our options for building/purchasing a new drivers stand. This is an unfortunate set-back, but the good news is we have the support of the Park to rebuild the track better than before. The first step will be to tear down the top half of the track's outer walls.

We will get started with the rebuild on Sunday May 4th (Around 9AM). We can use all the help possible. Even if you can only help for an hour, any help will be appreciated. Please come help rebuild Village Raceway on Sunday May 4th. Thanks.
I will be there to help. I met with the City Park mgr today, some nice things are going to be done soon. The whole Dugout area, where timing and scoring is will be coming down, all of the battered tables will be removed as well. The meeting went great. As Dave stated, any and all help is appreciated as we make this transition. Look forward to seeing you all out there.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man that is brutal. I will try and be there.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

I should be there! Thanks Dave and Robert for coordinating this, and especially for dealing with Parks & Rec for us.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Track Workday this Sunday (9AM).
We hope to see you guys there. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is shaping up to be a good group out at the track helping us revitalize our track. I have been getting alot of calls, texts, Facebook stuff and everything about the people that want to help. We really appreciate it. The more the better!

The Parks Dept. shut the power off out at the track because of the damage. I will be bringing a big generator out there. If you have sawzalls, Grinders, blades, push brooms, gloves etc, please bring them.

I will be bringing some water, cokes etc out to the track.

Lastly, we are open to any and all ideas as we make these improvements to get the track back up to snuff. If you think you have a good idea, we will have a little meeting to talk about them. Look forward to seeing everyone!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

im officially in wgt
Old 05-01-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm in. ..
Old 05-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Everyone,

I got an email from the Park mgr today. Due to insurance limitations, they do not want us to be doing any part of the demolition or rebuilding of the track. Pounce the track is rebuilt he asked me if we could paint the track. That being said, no Track day on Sunday. I want to thank everyone again for wanting to help. I am going to try and meet with the Parks manager tomorrow to see what the timeline is for rebuilding. I will keep everyone posted!

Kindest,

Robert
Old 05-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Everyone,

I got an email from the Park mgr today. Due to insurance limitations, they do not want us to be doing any part of the demolition or rebuilding of the track. Pounce the track is rebuilt he asked me if we could paint the track. That being said, no Track day on Sunday. I want to thank everyone again for wanting to help. I am going to try and meet with the Parks manager tomorrow to see what the timeline is for rebuilding. I will keep everyone posted!

Kindest,

Robert
So much for beer and sandwiches!!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

I know we aren't working Sunday ,but are we still meeting out there. then breakfast maybe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.